Donald Trump

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,671
    Jesus, the concept of time and place really mean very little to you...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,150
    ddraver wrote:

I am beginning to think Stevo works in Whitehall and is paid by Cameron himself.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,845
    Pinno wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

I am beginning to think Stevo works in Whitehall and is paid by Cameron himself.
    Nothing to do with me, he was addressing Jesus. I guess he means Corbyn - the initials JC are exactly the same.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,227
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

Nothing to do with me, he was addressing Jesus. I guess he means Corbyn - the initials JC are exactly the same.

Getting just a little bit tedious now.
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

In your humble opinion.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    At least those Republican voters have a reasonable degree of awareness about Trump, his shortcomings and what might go wrong if he is elected.

I don't see any of that in the letter.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    At least those Republican voters have a reasonable degree of awareness about Trump, his shortcomings and what might go wrong if he is elected.

I don't see any of that in the letter.
    The awareness of his vulgarity and nous deficieny in the first para. The parallel with those who voted in Hitler in the last para.
  • rick_chasey
    If you think the alternative to voting in Hilter is worse, you fundamentally don't understand what either option is or means.

If you think Trump is moderate, you don't understand what moderate means.

So no, there isn't.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,516
    Trump is a freakshow and is a outcome of the stale political process and the disengaged public. A Farage on steroids.

He's unelectable as the President and will only galvanise the opposition in the election in November which makes the democrat nominee a certainty.

It's now how do the Republican Party return to relevance and an authenticity which is lacking in their choice political candidates and an outcome of a party which has lost its way and the on the journey the electorate as well.

Another Clinton in office, better than The Donald, but that's hardly a high bar.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • rick_chasey
    A lot of anti-Clinton chat here - why?
  • Stevo_666
    If you think the alternative to voting in Hilter is worse, you fundamentally don't understand what either option is or means.

If you think Trump is moderate, you don't understand what moderate means.

So no, there isn't.
    I didn't think either. Just pointing out evidence to support what I said above, that there is a degree of awareness demonstrated. Read it again and you might get my point.
  • ddraver
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    orraloon wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

In your humble opinion.

From this post it's clear it's at least 3 humble opinions...beginning to tell you anything?
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver
    Really not a fan. She's cut from the same cloth as Cameron, Osbourne, Hunt etc who whatever you think about politics and however you vote you cannot think they re not just CUUUHHHUUNNNTTTstables of the first order. She believes in nothing except that she should be in charge. To continue the Nazi analogy she'd be the one giving up Anne Frank if she thought it would win her more favour

To steal a quote, I feel like her ambition will die the second she is elected president, the next 4 years will just be an afterparty
    - @ddraver
  • pinno
    Forget what the Americans will have to endure under HC (who cares?), it is imperative for all concerned that HC maintains the progress Obama has made diplomatically such as with Iran for example. Obama's lack of a desire for conflict has kept a lid on any escalation of hostilities towards Putin. Internationally, he has kept the US in good standing. All of which matters not one jot with the American public because there is such a high percentage of Rednecks and idiots who's noises drown out the intelligent 'liberals'.

Bush jnr obliterated the tri-partite talks with Isreal that Clinton had set up and was to a certain degree 'working' when he said "You either with us or against us". Bush was such an idiot of a President and the option of Trump is actually worse.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    ddraver wrote:
    Really not a fan. She's cut from the same cloth as Cameron, Osbourne, Hunt etc who whatever you think about politics and however you vote you cannot think they re not just CUUUHHHUUNNNTTTstables of the first order. She believes in nothing except that she should be in charge. To continue the Nazi analogy she'd be the one giving up Anne Frank if she thought it would win her more favour

To steal a quote, I feel like her ambition will die the second she is elected president, the next 4 years will just be an afterparty

She and her husband make an odious pair. The unsecured email server she had installed has potentially shocking ramifications. Ed Snowden gets to freeze his ass off in Russia whilst she runs for president??????
    Benghazi? Even a UK Foreign Secretary would find himself on the back benches after that debacle.
    Her brothers get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars from crooks and racketeers who just coincidentally receive Presidential pardons from her husband.
    The scandal and lying just follow them. She even lies when she doesn't need to - landing under gunfire in Bosnia for example.
    Claiming to have lost all the paperwork pertaining to her links to a client of her law firm when it was supposed to be handed over to the FBI and then it miraculously turning up in the White House some time later.
    The internet is awash with stories on this pair. Even if you discount the vast majority as being conspiratorial, there is enough reading to keep anyone going for a while.
  • pinno
    ^ That said, given the option Bally - would you honestly prefer Trump in the Whitehouse?
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    Pinno, Trump would be a disaster. The only grounds I could find to vote for Clinton is that she isn't Trump.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Pinno wrote:
    Forget what the Americans will have to endure under HC (who cares?), it is imperative for all concerned that HC maintains the progress Obama has made diplomatically such as with Iran for example.
    leaving Iran free to do what the hell they please
    Pinno wrote:
    Obama's lack of a desire for conflict has kept a lid on any escalation of hostilities towards Putin.
    leaving Russia free to do what the hell they please
    Pinno wrote:
    Internationally, he has kept the US in good standing.
    Among people who are happy to see Russia, Iran etc. free to do what the hell they please. And there's a pretty good case that his policies - and more, the way he's gone about getting them pushed through, his contempt for his opponents, his willingness to see American influence around the world reduced - have contributed heavily to the rise of Trumpism
    Pinno wrote:
    All of which matters not one jot with the American public because there is such a high percentage of Rednecks and idiots who's noises drown out the intelligent 'liberals'.
    Useful tip whenever someone uses the word Redneck: imagine how the sentence would look if you substitute it with a word like "Black" . Essentially: you are guilty of bigotry here.
    Pinno wrote:
    Bush jnr obliterated the tri-partite talks with Isreal that Clinton had set up and was to a certain degree 'working' when he said "You either with us or against us". Bush was such an idiot of a President and the option of Trump is actually worse.
    Well there are some things I couldn't disagree with much...
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    bompington wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Forget what the Americans will have to endure under HC (who cares?), it is imperative for all concerned that HC maintains the progress Obama has made diplomatically such as with Iran for example.
    leaving Iran free to do what the hell they please
    Pinno wrote:
    Obama's lack of a desire for conflict has kept a lid on any escalation of hostilities towards Putin.
    leaving Russia free to do what the hell they please
    So, let me get this right are you saying Iran and Russia should only do what what the west decides is right for them to do, behave? It seems to me when the west decides to intervene in places Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya et al, they make as big a c0ck up as Russia and Iran could potentially do.
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • Stevo_666
    ddraver wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    orraloon wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

In your humble opinion.

From this post it's clear it's at least 3 humble opinions...beginning to tell you anything?
    Coming from you, no. Ever since you had your little sense of humour failure over my 'Join the Labour party' thread you've been pretty much the same. If you don't like my post above, tough.
  • ddraver
    Not actually aware about what you re talking about but whevs
    - @ddraver
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686

Likes dropping bombs - or getting the USAF to drop them for her.

Some serious anti-freedom moves (e.g. introducing legislation which would have meant that people desecrating the US flag would face a year in prison and a $100k fine).

Pro-action to tackle global warming but also a supporter of offshore drilling and fracking, accepts millions of dollars from oil companies and refusing to either support or oppose the Keystone XL pipeline.

Pro-death penalty.

Mad, staring, psychotic eyes.
  • pinno
    Calm down Bompington/Bianchimoon. I said:

"Obama's lack of a desire for conflict has kept a lid on any escalation of hostilities towards Putin. "

Which is quite different from:

"Obama has escalated the tensions with Iran and Russia to the extent we are now back into a cold war". Which is what Trump would do, instantly FWIW.

Now, as far as Iran is concerned, the US has for years demonised and entrenched views regarding them. They are quite a moderate country. They have a good education system, women before the reign of successive Ayatollah's, had freedoms over and above the like's of Saudi (our super duper humanistic allies) and all the time that US foreign policy decreed Iran as a member of the Axis of Evil, the Ayatollah's reigned supreme. It looks like those days are over and making enemies of them does no good whatsoever and it would quickly descend back to that should US foreign policy change.
    Look at the recent incident with a US dinghy/boat, whatever it was, when they strayed into Iranian waters, it was resolved amicably in 48 hours. That would never have happened 5 years ago.
    I have known a number of Iranians and they are moderate, well educated and far removed form the devil incarnate that the west portrays them as.

A bigot?! Are you a Bigot regarding the Iranians? Touche sir.

America - there is a huge number of gun touting Americans intent on keeping their guns despite the increasing atrocities. There is still a huge black/white divide. There is still a huge underclass. They still don't have a health care system because 'not having a choice of doctor' would be akin to Communism even if he was free.. etc etc The term 'Rednecks' is a general term that I have used for the gun touting, knee-jerk sector of society. If you want me to use a different term, just let me know.

I see so little difference between the fundamentalist Christians on one side and the fundamentalist muslims on the other. They are both invidious and they both cause division and heartache. One does it under the banner of 'freedom' and the other under the banner of some twisted interpretation of Islam. The common denominator: Religion or at least, the interpretation of what some mythical deity is supposed to have said.

Let's talk about Guantanamo bay and funding Iraq when it suited them and then invading them when they became naughty boys etc etc. US foreign policy has stunk for years. I hate ISIS but I just wonder to what extent considering the sheer scale of interference that the West has metered upon them, that they have come about as a direct result of our interference - the common denominator: Oil and Power.
    Which brings me full circle. Any future American president will have a very hard job maintaining the diplomatic balance between what is becoming a really complex world. In that sense, Obama has been one of the least confrontational presidents and Trump would be the opposite.
  • bianchimoon
    Pinno wrote:
    I think you've mis read my post?
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • pinno
    Pinno wrote:
    I think you've mis read my post?

I'll back pedal and look at it again.
  • pinno
    Back pedalling done. I did mis read it. I'll hold my hands up for that one.

I think we sing from the same hymn sheet. However, i'm not asking you to go on a date.
  • bianchimoon
    Pinno wrote:
    Back pedalling done. I did mis read it. I'll hold my hands up for that one.

I think we sing from the same hymn sheet. However, i'm not asking you to go on a date.
    :wink:
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,227
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    orraloon wrote:
    In your humble opinion.

Don't do humble, not English. To you sir.

The point being, in a thread on Der Drumpf, your obsession with Corbyn seems somewhat out of place.
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    orraloon wrote:
    In your humble opinion.

Don't do humble, not English. To you sir.

The point being, in a thread on Der Drumpf, your obsession with Corbyn seems somewhat out of place.
    Nope, just comparing the Republican voters and Labour members on a particular point. Like I said above, if you dont like it that's tough.
  • Pinno wrote:
    America - there is a huge number of gun touting Americans intent on keeping their guns despite the increasing atrocities. There is still a huge black/white divide. There is still a huge underclass. They still don't have a health care system because 'not having a choice of doctor' would be akin to Communism even if he was free.. etc etc The term 'Rednecks' is a general term that I have used for the gun touting, knee-jerk sector of society. If you want me to use a different term, just let me know.

I could live with you using the term American.