Donald Trump

Comments

• briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 19,540
    pblakeney said:

sungod said:

i'd guess this'll really annoy the book-banning religious right, which can only be a good thing

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-65794363

I liked the quote below. I can only assume that Bob hasn't read the section with Sodom and Gomorrah or doesn't believe in descriptive text. 🤣

"Bob Johnson, the father of a primary school student in the Davis School District, told CBS News that he opposes the Bible's removal.
    "I can't think of what's in the Bible that you would have to take out of it. Its not like there's pictures in it," he said."
    I guess that unless there are pictures, he has problems with comprehension.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    I must say, I am disappointed with the Bible too - it doesn't have any crossword puzzles, word searches or join the dots.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    Given the location, does this means they've left the book of mormon..?

(the real actual one, not the excellent stage show)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 16,700
    Do you think he knows that saying I'm innocent because they did it too isn't the same as saying I'm innocent because I didn't do it?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,160
    “I never thought such a thing could happen to a former President”. Therein lies his problem, he thought the position gave him carte blanches to do whatever he wanted.
  • secretsqirrel
    secretsqirrel Posts: 2,028
    But ….but.. he can de-classify documents by just thinking it.
  • briantrumpet

That's where his taped conversation where he admitted he knew he had a classified document is rather helpful to the prosecution.

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,974

That's where his taped conversation where he admitted he knew he had a classified document is rather helpful to the prosecution.
    The prosecutions best witness is Donald Trump.
    Just let him spout forth.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 16,700
    pblakeney said:

I mean they did find the documents, he's confirmed to the world he knew about them and that he's not guilty because he doesn't agree in the law. It's kind of hard to see the line of legal defence hes left available.

Possibly he could argue that @realdonaldtrump isn't the real Donald Trump.
  • briantrumpet
    Meanwhile, MTG tells the world that she broke the rules of seeing classified information and taking notes... she's either really really stupid, or the breaking the rules and hoping not to be held to account is the point.
  • Pross

pblakeney said:

I mean they did find the documents, he's confirmed to the world he knew about them and that he's not guilty because he doesn't agree in the law. It's kind of hard to see the line of legal defence hes left available.

Possibly he could argue that @realdonaldtrump isn't the real Donald Trump.
    That won't work as Elon has given him a blue tick.
  • pinno
    Wiggle your way out of this one Mango Tango.
  • briantrumpet
    pinno said:

Some chatter about how the rogue Trumpist judge Eileen Cannon got chosen as the initial judge (she won't necessarily be in the chair to see it through), but it's hard how even she can help Trump dodge the severity and comprehensiveness of charges and evidence. But I don't really understand the whole partisan judicial system of the US, I'll admit, so who knows?
  • pinno

pinno said:

Some chatter about how the rogue Trumpist judge Eileen Cannon got chosen as the initial judge (she won't necessarily be in the chair to see it through), but it's hard how even she can help Trump dodge the severity and comprehensiveness of charges and evidence. But I don't really understand the whole partisan judicial system of the US, I'll admit, so who knows?
    I also don't understand how Trump can carry on banging his Witch hunt* drum when all these cases are on going. You don't see this in the UK. People under such scrutiny usually go stum.

*Funny dat. I was always lead to believe he is male.
  • briantrumpet
    pinno said:

pinno said:

I also don't understand how Trump can carry on banging his Witch hunt* drum when all these cases are on going. You don't see this in the UK. People under such scrutiny usually go stum.

*Funny dat. I was always lead to believe he is male.

It's like all the other stuff (woke, blob, etc.) which is invoked when rational argument has been lost.

Oh, and you'll have seen that Johnson is now playing the 'witch hunt' card. Ditto.
  • pinno
    I was trying to judge where the needle was on the scale after the classified documents allegation. It's not a huge swing with some actually trusting Trumpo more (?!) but the end paragraph is a bit more telling.
    Seems like if this sh*t sticks, it's game over for him.

https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/meetthepressblog/latest-polling-says-trumps-classified-documents-indictment-rcna87478

I do not know which side of the divide NBC is.
  • monkimark
    monkimark Posts: 1,881
    I think NBC are on Drumpf's "naughty list", although that covers pretty much every news organisation in the world.

He had an NBC journalist thrown off Air Force One earlier in the year for asking a question he didn't like.
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    monkimark said:

I think NBC are on Drumpf's "naughty list", although that covers pretty much every news organisation in the world.

He had an NBC journalist thrown off Air Force One earlier in the year for asking a question he didn't like.

In flight?

Harsh!
  • morstar
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-65863396

Seems Trump is a bit of a knob. Who’d a thunk it?
  • pinno
    morstar said:

Would be good to see der Trumfen do time.
    I don't know how he is going to wriggle out of this one.

If the Democrats want spin, they have it on a plate with garnish.
  • Pross
    pinno said:

morstar said:

Would be good to see der Trumfen do time.
    I don't know how he is going to wriggle out of this one.

If the Democrats want spin, they have it on a plate with garnish.
    It’s a Florida jury.
  • morstar
    The nukes and defence stuff…

Given his fondness for ‘strong’ (read typically corrupt) leaders, you can only wonder* what he wanted this info for.

*I assume he would have happily traded info for either straight up bribes or ‘business’ deals.
  • Pross
    morstar said:

The nukes and defence stuff…

Given his fondness for ‘strong’ (read typically corrupt) leaders, you can only wonder* what he wanted this info for.

*I assume he would have happily traded info for either straight up bribes or ‘business’ deals.

This is the real issue isn’t it? Why would he keep the stuff unless he intended doing something with it whether it is impressing people in some way or trading it to places the US really don’t want seeing it? It’s really weird how his base support are “patriots” who think he is one of them.
  • pinno
    It would be wonderful of they kept digging and actually found a Russian connection.
    What would the patriots think of that?
  • Pross
    pinno said:

It would be wonderful of they kept digging and actually found a Russian connection.

Left wing commie witch-hunt probably. They’re a bit thick and / or don’t want to admit they got duped.
  • briantrumpet
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Pross said:

pinno said:

Left wing commie witch-hunt probably. They’re a bit thick and / or don’t want to admit they got duped.
    'a bit thick' is an understatement. Over here they voted Brexit, but we're not allowed to say that out loud 🙄
  • briantrumpet
    I'm not sure that Trump's tactic of attacking the person charged with bringing him to justice, with several cases not yet charged (not least J6), is necessarily terribly sensible.