There are quite a few who should be flagged for repetition
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,682
    edited November 2020

john80 said:

sungod said:

john80 said:

john80 said:

Democracy doesn't stop fixed for ever more after one vote at one moment in time.

Trump supporters are every bit as entitled to protest as Remainers were.

They're every bit as entitled to oppose the new President's agenda as parliament was to oppose the May's Brexit deal.

I'm not sure what's complicated.

100%
    But it seems some posters on here don't like the idea that they are like Trump supporters.
    I don't think many disputed the result, maybe I'm mistaken.
    More denial...

If you can find any evidence on here of Remainers making allegations of ballot stuffing and fraud, well, go ahead. I thought Brexit was a stupid idea in 2016, I still think so now, but I've never tried to suggest there was widespread election fraud... I don't remember that coming up on here but then again I haven't been in the Brexit thread for some time.

There's a difference between thinking we voted for something completely stupid and questioning the integrity of the vote itself. But you know that.
    Whilst there are little to no remainers claiming the referendum was rigged. How many remainers have claimed that people who voted to leave were lied to, could not understand what they were voting for or were just too dumb to understand the arguments etc etc.
    All that's true isn't it?
    In your head yes.
    nonsense

it's a fact leavers were lied to
    it's a fact leavers didn't know what they were voting for beyond 'leave the eu'
    after years i've yet to hear any leaver explain why it's factually (rather than jingoistically) a good idea

the uk's problems are the creation of the uk's political system, leaving the eu will not solve them, it merely strips citizens of their rights and drives the uk further towards plutocracy
    I see you are blind to the remain campaigns lies. What's your argument. The remainers were cleverer and could see through those lies but the poor brexiteers didn't stand a chance.
    I would put the Remain side arguments more towards "massive exaggeration" whereas the Leave side arguments in the realm of "outright lies", personally - but this is angels dancing on pinheads. And the Leave side definitely did break election spending law.

It's still not comparable to the Trump campaign alleging actual voting fraud, which is what we were originally talking about.........................
    I still see a lot of similarities.

Separately, I would liken Trump's current situation to a batsman that doesn't walk. Perfectly within his rights, but ultimately will be given out by the umpire.

In case any one was wondering whether I consider Trump to have been caught by a tickle through to the keeper or a mistimed pull, I would say he was caught at point.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196

john80 said:

sungod said:

john80 said:

john80 said:

Democracy doesn't stop fixed for ever more after one vote at one moment in time.

They're every bit as entitled to oppose the new President's agenda as parliament was to oppose the May's Brexit deal.

100%
    But it seems some posters on here don't like the idea that they are like Trump supporters.
    More denial...

If you can find any evidence on here of Remainers making allegations of ballot stuffing and fraud, well, go ahead. I thought Brexit was a stupid idea in 2016, I still think so now, but I've never tried to suggest there was widespread election fraud... I don't remember that coming up on here but then again I haven't been in the Brexit thread for some time.

There's a difference between thinking we voted for something completely stupid and questioning the integrity of the vote itself. But you know that.
    Whilst there are little to no remainers claiming the referendum was rigged. How many remainers have claimed that people who voted to leave were lied to, could not understand what they were voting for or were just too dumb to understand the arguments etc etc.
    In your head yes.
    nonsense

after years i've yet to hear any leaver explain why it's factually (rather than jingoistically) a good idea

the uk's problems are the creation of the uk's political system, leaving the eu will not solve them, it merely strips citizens of their rights and drives the uk further towards plutocracy
    I see you are blind to the remain campaigns lies. What's your argument. The remainers were cleverer and could see through those lies but the poor brexiteers didn't stand a chance.
    I would put the Remain side arguments more towards "massive exaggeration" whereas the Leave side arguments in the realm of "outright lies", personally - but this is angels dancing on pinheads. And the Leave side definitely did break election spending law.

It's still not comparable to the Trump campaign alleging actual voting fraud, which is what we were originally talking about.........................

Separately, I would liken Trump's current situation to a batsman that doesn't walk. Perfectly within his rights, but ultimately will be given out by the umpire.

In case any one was wondering whether I consider Trump to have been caught by a tickle through to the keeper or a mistimed pull, I would say he was caught at point.
    Caught at point - claiming a no ball.

I like it.

I see a pretty clear difference between campaigning tactics and attacking the integrity of the election, but there you go.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674

john80 said:

sungod said:

john80 said:

john80 said:

100%
    More denial...

In your head yes.
    nonsense

A bit more like being caught at mid on, with the catch recorded in high def by multiple camera angles, then claiming the fielder pulled a spare ball from his pocket.
  • john80
    john80 Posts: 2,965

john80 said:

sungod said:

john80 said:

john80 said:

100%
    More denial...

In your head yes.
    nonsense

If we to add up all the costs for the remain side that were free such as air time on TV, civil servants time, leaflets posted to ever house would this exceed the leave campaigns spending. The fact remain lost when they had all the cards is telling.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,360
    john80 said:

john80 said:

sungod said:

john80 said:

john80 said:

100%
    More denial...

In your head yes.
    nonsense

If we to add up all the costs for the remain side that were free such as air time on TV, civil servants time, leaflets posted to ever house would this exceed the leave campaigns spending. The fact remain lost when they had all the cards is telling.
    You won, get over it
  • Remoaners are still in denial that their side lied as well. If Trump supporters did this they would be rightly lambasted, but remoaners give out a free pass to lies their side told.

Remoaners are getting more like Trump supporters every day...

What lies? That the EU would circle the wagons and be hard on anyone leaving? That the economy would be worse off?
    The best thing is we can call out the remain side lies as they have been proven to be wrong. Which economy lie do you want?

I'll start with these two:
    - 10% drop in house prices
    - 800k people additional unemployed

A longer list is available from the May 2016 treasury document that you can google

Are you still in denial that you fell for this government created hysteria?
    For all practicable purposes, we haven't left yet. Give it time.

I don't think a 10% drop in house prices is quite right. House prices 10% lower than they were predicted to be isn't unreasonable. Unless you live in London, this seems to have occurred.
    These were predictions upon just voting to leave, so let's say by 2018 to be generous.

When are you going to be honest and mark their homework (scaremongering)?

Or more likely, are you simply embarrassed that you were suckered in by their predictions?
    No, they weren't. They didnt factor in all of the provaracation, but only a numpty would expect to wake up on the day after the vote and think the fact nithing has changed yet meant everything was okay.

Oddly I seem to remember Farage saying oretty much this within a week or so.
    https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/hm-treasury-analysis-the-immediate-economic-impact-of-leaving-the-eu

Foreword of the document linked here:

This paper focuses on the immediate economic impact of a vote to leave and the two years that follow

Grade E- - Lowest grade possible as we can now mark Project Fear with hindsight
    The GDP projections, over two years look not far out to me. 3.6% over two years. I dont recall anything other than downgrades over that period.

The pound did drop like a stone. Still well down on what it was against the dollar.

What am missing? Was there some good news?

Please point me to the recession that this document says was expected (highlighted text), and note the commentary "far worse".

That last sentence was purely designed to create fear.

But according to you and many others this was not a lie...
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,663
    https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/europpblog/2019/03/22/uk-economy-since-the-brexit-vote-slower-gdp-growth-lower-productivity-and-a-weaker-pound/

Says reading time 5 minutes, so you should be able to digest it in your lunch hour.

The main difference I can see is that the pain has been long and drawn out vs. a recession and, like frogs in boiling water, you haven't really noticed.

• https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/europpblog/2019/03/22/uk-economy-since-the-brexit-vote-slower-gdp-growth-lower-productivity-and-a-weaker-pound/

Says reading time 5 minutes, so you should be able to digest it in your lunch hour.

The main difference I can see is that the pain has been long and drawn out vs. a recession and, like frogs in boiling water, you haven't really noticed.

You are referencing a blog from two authors who already have a prior remainer position so their blog is going to biased to fit their already

Eg Josh De Lyon retweeting remoaners James O'Brien and Guy Verhofstadt
  • First.Aspect

https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/europpblog/2019/03/22/uk-economy-since-the-brexit-vote-slower-gdp-growth-lower-productivity-and-a-weaker-pound/

You are referencing a blog from two authors who already have a prior remainer position so their blog is going to biased to fit their already

Perhaps they are Remainers because as economists, they studied it and saw that it was a really, really bad idea.

The problem you have is that you have made up your mind and you only listen to anything that confirms what you already think. The rest is just biased or made up.

Sound familiar, Donald?
  • https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/europpblog/2019/03/22/uk-economy-since-the-brexit-vote-slower-gdp-growth-lower-productivity-and-a-weaker-pound/

Perhaps they are Remainers because as economists, they studied it and saw that it was a really, really bad idea.

The problem you have is that you have made up your mind and you only listen to anything that confirms what you already think. The rest is just biased or made up.

Sound familiar, Donald?
    whilst I admire your persistence, you are only wasting your own time, he is paid to do this.

Sound familiar, Donald?
    I'll ask the original question again. Can you point out the recession predicted in the document? (screen was provided)

The answer is not some blog written by remainer economists as some sort of distraction. There was no recession highlighted in your linked blog.
  • Who IS flagging Coopster?

It's been going on for a few weeks. I'm finding it funny :smiley:

And said wokey dokey is not man enough to admit they are doing it :smiley::smiley::smiley:
  • I did flag the ones where there was personal abuse. Not the ones where it was just random Brexit greatest hits in the wrong thread. That is a bit weird.
  • I did flag the ones where there was personal abuse. Not the ones where it was just random Brexit greatest hits in the wrong thread. That is a bit weird.

All I know is that it is a hypocritical remoaner. However, that does not narrow it down much on this site :smiley:
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087

Who IS flagging Coopster?

It's been going on for a few weeks. I'm finding it funny :smiley:

And said wokey dokey is not man enough to admit they are doing it :smiley::smiley::smiley:
    As man enough not respond to Orloons challenges. I flagged you because I felt like it.

• bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Trump has another 5 hours to decide whether he wants a recount in Michigan - but it'll cost him $8 million. Interested to see whether he'll bother.

Apparently he considered ordering a strike on nuclear sites in Iran https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-54972269

Suppose he is just thinking about sh!tting on the floor on his way out...
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,317
    edited November 2020

Trump has another 5 hours to decide whether he wants a recount in Michigan - but it'll cost him $8 million. Interested to see whether he'll bother.

Apparently he considered ordering a strike on nuclear sites in Iran https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-54972269

He lost by 147,000 votes in Michigan. Why bother?

But if I were Michigan I'd insist on payment up front. You know what he's like.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,864

An ex colleague left a "deposit" in his desk drawer when paid off.
    Wasn't noticed until the smell began to escape the plastic bag. 😱😱🤬
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • john80
    john80 Posts: 2,965
    When it costs more in fuel getting the food than the food costs you have to question your Yankee Doodle lifestyle.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,714
    Maybe that's why everyone's favourite pretend Texan forumite has disappeared. He seems to be a wannabee method actor so is probably sat in his car in Milton Keynes pretending he's queuing for food.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    No he will be out on his Bianchi.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,817

That’s the federal officer in charge of election security.

Well it was because Trump sacked him after this tweet.
  • First.Aspect
    I'd have just told Trump the Democrats hacked my account and kept my job for a couple more months.
  • First.Aspect
    Pross said:

Maybe that's why everyone's favourite pretend Texan forumite has disappeared. He seems to be a wannabee method actor so is probably sat in his car in Milton Keynes pretending he's queuing for food.

No, he has flown his airplane to DC and is having trouble finding parking. Currently on his Brompton cycling down to the protests from a remote air strip in Maine.