Donald Trump

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,889
    "So showerheads - you take a shower, the water doesn't come out. You want to wash your hands, the water doesn't come out. So what do you do? You just stand there longer or you take a shower longer? Because my hair - I don't know about you, but it has to be perfect. Perfect," he said.

Nobody pointed out that his hair is never perfect?
    The main barrier being the lack of hair.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • pblakeney

pblakeney said:

Biden picks Kamala Harris as his VP for 2020 and thereby presumptive nominee for 2024

The obvious choice, for obvious reasons.
    Could be worth a chunk of votes in a simple move.

What could you possibly mean?
    The non-WASP vote.
    Thought it was obvious. 😉
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,164

"Wind is nice. It’s nice. But it causes tremendous environmental problems,”

Acknowledging that his own farts stink.

• Well, he is after all full of shit and it takes many attempts to flush his tur6s. Also: adult nappies.
    Not a Giro Hero!
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,330
    Not much going on in the USA if you're Fox News:

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,864
    Next up on the fascist checklist is rigging the follow up election - definitely meets that.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,957
    I thought the Trump comments were fairly obvious and quite routine, all that can be said about how terrible he is has been said now. I did find it a good read as a critique of where the US is right now overall however. The numbers on military spend are truly shocking, especially if you try and gauge what they actually gained from it.
  • rick_chasey
    FiveThirtyEight has released their election tracker and it has Biden on 71% chance of victory which was the same % chance they had Hiliary at on the eve of the election.

Good news or bad news?
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,957

FiveThirtyEight has released their election tracker and it has Biden on 71% chance of victory which was the same % chance they had Hiliary at on the eve of the election.

Good news or bad news?

How many elections have they covered, what is their track record?
  • rick_chasey

Good news or bad news?

How many elections have they covered, what is their track record?
    They’re the best, relatively speaking.

Not enormously surprising as they are a polling aggregator.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,453

Good news or bad news?

If the election goes that way.
    It would be a huge sigh of relief to see Trump go.

He's really doing himself favours by dissing Kamala's Harris' appointment.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/08/15/politics/kamala-harris-donald-trump-campaign-2020/index.html
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,727
    According to this article, the movement of the S&P 500 in the run up to the presidential election has been a good indicator of who will win:

https://thetimes.co.uk/article/want-to-know-wholl-win-the-us-election-look-at-the-stock-market-98lxg3hc6
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • rick_chasey
    Stevo_666 said:

According to this article, the movement of the S&P 500 in the run up to the presidential election has been a good indicator of who will win:

https://thetimes.co.uk/article/want-to-know-wholl-win-the-us-election-look-at-the-stock-market-98lxg3hc6

S&P has big structural issues right now anyway.
  • kingstongraham
    edited August 2020
    I think this year just may be different to a normal election year for three big reasons.

1. The pandemic
    2. Active voter suppression
    3. The pandemic being so badly managed by the Trump admin

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,453
    I feel for any man following in Trumps footsteps given the amount of damage he will have to undo.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • What’s with all the Trump hating on here? He has his faults for sure but he’s achieved far more than the youth club leader Obama, and to think it could of been Corrupt Clinton? Anyway fingers crossed he gets another term least thing the country needs is a left wing Marxist nutcase who’s not even fit to hold a conversation never mind run the country.
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    pearceygy said:

What’s with all the Trump hating on here? He has his faults for sure but he’s achieved far more than the youth club leader Obama, and to think it could of been Corrupt Clinton? Anyway fingers crossed he gets another term least thing the country needs is a left wing Marxist nutcase who’s not even fit to hold a conversation never mind run the country.

Has his faults.

Full marks for understatement.
    There is more than enough evidence all over the place.
  • pblakeney
    pearceygy said:

What’s with all the Trump hating on here?

Go back to page 1 and start there. Quite a lot to be going on with.
    Should keep you busy till the election.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,737
    Oh bleep off. Not even close to getting a bite bar those 2 above.
  • rick_chasey
    pearceygy said:

What’s with all the Trump hating on here? He has his faults for sure but he’s achieved far more than the youth club leader Obama, and to think it could of been Corrupt Clinton? Anyway fingers crossed he gets another term least thing the country needs is a left wing Marxist nutcase who’s not even fit to hold a conversation never mind run the country.

Fascists gonna fascist.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,789
    Must be a troll surely? The Trump core vote can only operate the internet to play CoD online (complete with loud music and family arguments over their microphones).

If by some weird miracle it is genuine it does go to show the target audience of the childish name calling and mud slinging Trump likes to go in for, very depressing if that's the case.
  • What the bed wetting bitter liberal left could never accept was the new sheriff in town was going to do things very differently, a maverick, a breath of fresh air, anti establishment elite, no more bland cardboard politics, but a man willing to do exactly what it says on the tin. That’s why he will get voted in again the silent majority will choose Him not the deranged left or the biased media not even the neo-marxist globalist. Goodnight.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,676
    pearceygy said:

What the bed wetting bitter liberal left could never accept was the new sheriff in town was going to do things very differently, a maverick, a breath of fresh air, anti establishment elite, no more bland cardboard politics, but a man willing to do exactly what it says on the tin. That’s why he will get voted in again the silent majority will choose Him not the deranged left or the biased media not even the neo-marxist globalist. Goodnight.

Mmm. Some people have a distinct writing style.

"Bed wetting"
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,737
    ^ that's that Botster arris at it again with another dormant login ID. Off.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,727

Stevo_666 said:

S&P has big structural issues right now anyway.
    Not sure exactly what you're referring to, but if the author of the article is right it has had an 87% success rate since 1928 and 100% since 1984.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • kingstongraham
    pearceygy said:

What the bed wetting bitter liberal left could never accept was the new sheriff in town was going to do things very differently, a maverick, a breath of fresh air, anti establishment elite, no more bland cardboard politics, but a man willing to do exactly what it says on the tin. That’s why he will get voted in again the silent majority will choose Him not the deranged left or the biased media not even the neo-marxist globalist. Goodnight.

Capital H on Him is a bit much.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    pearceygy said:

The orange, combover, sexual abusing racist a breath of fresh air. Well one wouldn’t want to be down wind of that.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,789
    orraloon said:

^ that's that Botster arris at it again with another dormant login ID. Off.

Presumably the Russian version of furlough has left him having to cover two desks at the troll farm. Might explain why he is so keen to get everyone back to work.