Donald Trump

Comments

• morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    morstar said:

pinno said:

I see Der Trumpfen is handling this CV19 outbreak with alacrity and finesse.
    Bang goes 2nd term. That would be ironic.

You assume there will be an election.
    “As wartime president and in the midst of an ongoing crisis, I...me...me...great...glorious...emergency powers...remain president indefinitely.”
    Called it! Didn't quite get the argument correct but knew he'd find a way.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,702
    Yanks held an election in the middle of a civil war and a world war, they will have the election.

Not least as it’s not up to Trump to delay.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,254
    He's teeing up not accepting the result if it looks like he is ahead on the night of the election, but then loses when they count all the votes.
  • Jeremy.89
    Jeremy.89 Posts: 457
    He's detracting from the economic figures that just got released no?
  • He will no doubt accept the election outcome when the audit of it has finished. Like his taxes.
    Not a Giro Hero!
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,630

He will no doubt accept the election outcome when the audit of it has finished. Like his taxes.

Won't get that far. The second it is not in their self interests to support him, you won't see his Republican colleagues for dust.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    So, after basically forcing the sale of a company he has decided he wants a cut of what ever deal is made, sliding more an more into a mafia style boss bit by bit.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,347
    That cloud still lingers. The investigations into anomalies with accounts and dealings is still on-going.
    It was on the BBC news 24 just 2 days ago.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,776
    step83 will be referring to Microsoft's proposed purchase of Tic Tok in the U.S.
    A very dangerous precedent to be set if he gets his way.
    The government takes a cut of any company purchase? That can't be right outside of taxes.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • pblakeney said:

step83 will be referring to Microsoft's proposed purchase of Tic Tok in the U.S.
    The government takes a cut of any company purchase? That can't be right outside of taxes.

Word is Trump has done a deal with Zuckerberk to push tiktok out of business, driving users to Instagram. Trump gets a free-pass for his troll-farms on facebook, Zuckerberg gets the tik-tockers and an easy ride from over-sight.
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190

pblakeney said:

Word is Trump has done a deal with Zuckerberk to push tiktok out of business, driving users to Instagram. Trump gets a free-pass for his troll-farms on facebook, Zuckerberg gets the tik-tockers and an easy ride from over-sight.
    One for the conspiracy thread maybe.
    I think Zuckerberg is too smart to want to be in Trumps pocket.
  • kingstongraham
    This is incredible. The whole thing is way more worrying than the clips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaaTZkqsaxY
  • This is incredible. The whole thing is way more worrying than the clips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaaTZkqsaxY

Thanks for posting that, truly fascinating
  • I saw part of the interview yesterday and had to turn it off. Just terrifying.
    Not a Giro Hero!
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    That is truly terrifying how someone as stupid as him is in power of anything let alone a country.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    You would worry about him owning a dog.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,553
    I had to turn off when it started to sound worryingly like he was implying China had 'sent' the virus because the US were beating them in the trade wars.

I was surprised I made it through him saying what a great job he'd done in keeping Chinese people and then Europeans out of the US resulting in him saving hundreds of thousands of American lives.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    I wonder how many people have ever said something to his face like "seriously, you're a f**king idiot" and walked off. It must be what every interviewer is thinking.
  • pblakeney
    Pross said:

I had to turn off when it started to sound worryingly like he was implying China had 'sent' the virus because the US were beating them in the trade wars.

I was surprised I made it through him saying what a great job he'd done in keeping Chinese people and then Europeans out of the US resulting in him saving hundreds of thousands of American lives.

So the logical conclusion to that is that Americans are to blame for taking the virus into the U.S.? I doubt that is the intended message. 😉
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,347
    I watched about 15 minutes, skipped a bit - where he was being questioned about Russian bounty's on US soldiers and then couldn't watch anymore.

Is the hope on the horizon the hope that almost any future POTUS is going to be an improvement?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pblakeney
    Looking at the candidates, I'd say no hope for the immediate future.
    Not that we can mock too much from here either.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • kingstongraham
    pblakeney said:

Looking at the candidates, I'd say no hope for the immediate future.
    Not that we can mock too much from here either.

Harsh - Joe Biden might not be the ideal candidate, but he would be approximately a 100000000% improvement.

Here's the incumbent speculating about the Beirut explosion, and saying that the USA stands with "that country" because he can't remember where Beirut is.

• pblakeney
    edited August 2020
    You may say harsh, but there is a good reason you don’t hear much from Joe. The more they say, the more they can f it up.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • kingstongraham
    pblakeney said:

You may say harsh, but there is a good reason you don’t hear much from Joe. The more they say, the more they can f it up.

Yes, he's an old man too, and sometimes gets his words mixed up. He's not the perfect candidate. But he's not actively malevolent.

Trump running on a "look at that other guy, he's an old guy who's brain is gone and he can't speak" doesn't make much sense when you see Trump trying to read the word Yosemite.
  • pblakeney
    edited August 2020
    Which kind of proves my point.
    Trump doesn't seem to mind risking it. In fact he goes out of his way. 😉
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    The thing with elections is that you don't necessarily have to be the best person for the job, you just have to be better or more popular than the other names on the ballot.
    That's kinda how the Donald got the gig.
  • kingstongraham
    Just think on balance they'd probably be better of with this guy.

• ballysmate

Just think on balance they'd probably be better of with this guy.

Moot point if he can't win.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,702
    edited August 2020
    Worth remembering Bally was/is very anti Hilary Clinton.

Gives the snippy comments more context.
  • ballysmate
    Tell me Rick, which part of my above post is incorrect?