Donald Trump

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,422

orraloon said:

Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

Do you recall the good old days when der Drumpf was threatening all out nuclear war with N Korea? What happened to that then?

Talk the talk, never walk the walk...

So you'd think more of him if he had walked the walk with North Korea?
    Oh look, over there... bad things...

Is almost as if der Drumpf needs to deflect attention from oh, let me guess... Keep your population worried, punch down.
    Looks like this site has flushed out another terrorist sympathiser...
    'Loon is a terrorist sympathiser?
    If you hadn't told me that, I would be none the wiser. Who'd have thought?

I bet there's more than just Orraloon. You should point them all out.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,684
    orraloon said:

Look. Over there. Look...

It's a question that just needs a yes or no answer. Give it another try...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,661
    rjsterry said:

Stevo_666 said:

Don't forget "Iran" by A Flock of Seagulls

Another one.

'Killing an Arab' by The Cure is technically incorrect so I left it out.

We could have 'Two Tribes' by Frankie goes to Hollywood?
    The Cure one is based on Albert Camus novel about a French Algerian called Meursault. Definitely wrong for Trump/Iran.
    Didn't Meursault used to post on here?
  • pinno
    Pross said:

rjsterry said:

Stevo_666 said:

Another one.

The Cure one is based on Albert Camus novel about a French Algerian called Meursault. Definitely wrong for Trump/Iran.
    Did he or didn't he? It's an existential question.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,852
    step83 said:

pblakeney said:

Yes, and none.

Think about a strategy for Iran. They cannot beat the USA in a straight-out war. They cannot defend themselves from attack. Their only strategies are guerrilla warfare or complete surrender.

The strategy is quite clear. Iran is the main power left in the ME after US waged war against its two neighbours.

Like any nation it wants the leverage of nuclear weapons. It got some leverage from halting that in return for reduced sanctions. US basically ignored that agreement, so why bother complying?

The sanctions are hurting, so they need to get their leverage other ways.

Iran doesn't want a war with the US. It seems only really Bolton and a few other hawks want this war to happen. I doubt even Trump wants it tbh.
    Trump won't want a war anywhere as it means he goes back on his pledge to get troops out.
    The drone strike was likely motivated along the lines of promoting himself for his next term, showing he "cares for Americans". This despite a lot of evidence is appearing that advisers etc recommended against doing it but it happened none the less.

Its going to start a censored for tat spate of attacks Iran attacking an embassy and wanting the removal of US personnel from the area which given the situation is probably not a bad idea for both sides.

It will probably end up in Trump whacking comically crippling sanctions on them and then doing what he likes most which is making a deal.
    Becoming more true on a daily basis.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Stevo_666
    Pross said:

rjsterry said:

Stevo_666 said:

Another one.

Yep. Where is our resident Marxist? Maybe he is going through a period of 'reflection'?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

Do you recall the good old days when der Drumpf was threatening all out nuclear war with N Korea? What happened to that then?

Talk the talk, never walk the walk...

So you'd think more of him if he had walked the walk with North Korea?
    If you do the "I just might be madder than you" act and then don't follow through because you aren't, it doesn't work a third time after your bluff has been called. Probably safer for everyone not to do it in the first place when the other guy genuinely seems not to give a shit.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,797
    Alrite Dr Strangelove, calm down.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Well, things just got messy US officials of some sort have said they believe the Ukrainian jet the crashed was shot down by Iranian missiles.
  • Longshot
    Longshot Posts: 940
    step83 said:

Well, things just got messy US officials of some sort have said they believe the Ukrainian jet the crashed was shot down by Iranian missiles.

Didn't we all think that anyway?
    You can fool some of the people all of the time. Concentrate on those people.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,721
    'Cos that's what the Iranians would do, shoot down a passenger aircraft departing Tehran airport. Where was the USS Vincennes at the time?
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon said:

'Cos that's what the Iranians would do, shoot down a passenger aircraft departing Tehran airport. Where was the USS Vincennes at the time?

The Iranians were shooting off a few rockets around that time, so it's not totally implausible that they screwed up and hit an aircraft.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,484
    Blue on blue isn’t the sole preserve of the Americans.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • pinno
    It's in Iran's interest to scale everything up and throw some missiles around and then just when things look like it's going pear shaped, one side may reach out for a deal and reduce the sanctions, surely?
    'Cos sitting on their hands under the cosh of sanctions and oil embargo's is not a long term solution.
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon said:

That's what they did...
    https://telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/01/11/iran-plane-crash-tehran-admits-unintentionally-shot-plane/

I know you'd like to blame the Yanks for everything but no luck this time...
  • orraloon
    Aye well, as an 'outed terrorist sympathiser' (TM B3llend Botster) you would not expect any different would you? Sympathies with the innocents, those who always pay the price for the actions of political a-holes.
  • Stevo_666
    edited January 2020
    orraloon said:

Aye well, as an 'outed terrorist sympathiser' (TM B3llend Botster) you would not expect any different would you? Sympathies with the innocents, those who always pay the price for the actions of political a-holes.

Well you seem to be reluctant to come out and actually blame the Iranians, which is rather like one J. Corbyn. And he is a terrorist sympathiser. So I can see a theme emerging here :wink:
  • orraloon
    Stevo_666 said:

rather like one J. Corbyn. And he is a terrorist sympathiser.

And he is labelled a terrorist sympathiser by those driving their agendas.

About as relevant as calling out Thatcher for describing Mandela's ANC as a 'typical terrorist organisation'.

Mind you, saying such to the Deflection Maestro is a bit pointless.
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon said:

Stevo_666 said:

About as relevant as calling out Thatcher for describing Mandela's ANC as a 'typical terrorist organisation'.

On the subject of deflection then, do you blame the Iranians for shooting down that passenger jet?
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Point of order but ANC did commit acts of terrorism didn't they?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

Stevo_666 said:

On the subject of deflection then, do you blame the Iranians for shooting down that passenger jet?
    The silence speaks volumes...
  • orraloon
    edited January 2020
    a) of course, Iranians have admitted responsibility. But you knew that.
    b) define terrorism. E.g. how does arbitrary assassination of a 2nd party in a 3rd party country figure? All down to political perspective.

For avoidance of doubt I abhor deliberate acts of violence of all levels and types, be that from a druggie drunk on a bender on a Sat night through to state sanctioned military actions. Give humans the tools and the opportunity and bad things happen.

Edit: apparently the term b.ender of the Sat night type is verboten. 😳
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon said:

a) of course, Iranians have admitted responsibility. But you knew that.
    b) define terrorism. E.g. how does arbitrary assassination of a 2nd party in a 3rd party country figure? All down to political perspective.

For avoidance of doubt I abhor deliberate acts of violence of all levels and types, be that from a druggie drunk on a censored on a Sat night through to state sanctioned military actions. Give humans the tools and the opportunity and bad things happen.

Edit: apparently the term b.ender of the Sat night type is verboten. 😳

Well done, you've blamed someone apart from the nasty Tories/Brexit voters/Trump.

However, Jeremy wants one of his speeches back :D
  • pblakeney
    Before you apportion blame you have to get to the root cause.
    How far back should we go?
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • Stevo_666
    pblakeney said:

Don't really care, the Iranians have admitted responsibility. Even Looney has conceded that point.
  • ballysmate
    pblakeney said:

632 AD?
  • pblakeney

pblakeney said:

632 AD?
    Quite possibly. The whole area is a basket case of fighting, and that was before oil was poured onto the fire.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • Stevo_666

pblakeney said:

632 AD?
    Now imagine the shitstorm of condemnation on here if the US had been found to have shot the plane down. But those nice Iranians seem to get a free pass for some reason
  • ballysmate
    Stevo_666 said:

pblakeney said:

632 AD?
    Now imagine the shitstorm of condemnation on here if the US had been found to have shot the plane down. But those nice Iranians seem to get a free pass for some reason
    You can feel their disappointment at not being able to blame the US.
    I bet there is more than one cat getting a kicking in frustration.
  • Stevo_666
    edited January 2020

Stevo_666 said:

pblakeney said:

632 AD?
    You can feel their disappointment at not being able to blame the US.
    I bet there is more than one cat getting a kicking in frustration.
    True :)

Speaking of cats, wonder what happened to the cat-sitter bloke who started the thread? Given how things have gone, he's either keeping quiet and still waiting for the Brexit economic apocalypse to happen, or he's been arrested for cat-kicking on an industrial scale.