Donald Trump

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,150
    nickice wrote:
    [There is no evidence he's lying. None of the allegations (one of which is ludicrous and has been widely discredited) have any corroborating evidence.
    utter nonsense

he lied about how he got into yale
    he lied about receiving stolen documents
    he lied about involvement in bush the wimp's treatment of detainees

he's a proven liar, though less of a liar than trump the draft dodging tax evading woman molesting serial failure who had to be bailed out by his family multiple times

the difference is that scum in elected office get turfed out after a while, whereas the supreme court is for life

kavanaugh is there because trump is pence's b​itch, he's such an idiot that the right wing nutters with an imaginary friend use him to do their work, and the suckers that love him just lap it up
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • nickice
    nickice Posts: 2,439
    sungod wrote:
    nickice wrote:
    [There is no evidence he's lying. None of the allegations (one of which is ludicrous and has been widely discredited) have any corroborating evidence.
    utter nonsense

he's a proven liar, though less of a liar than trump the draft dodging tax evading woman molesting serial failure who had to be bailed out by his family multiple times

the difference is that scum in elected office get turfed out after a while, whereas the supreme court is for life

kavanaugh is there because trump is pence's b​itch, he's such an idiot that the right wing nutters with an imaginary friend use him to do their work, and the suckers that love him just lap it up

Reading not a strong point? Read the posts again
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 19,609
    nickice wrote:
    nickice wrote:
    And perjury isn't as simple as lying. It would have to be material.
    Would lying about his finances be material?

would lying about his drinking, sexual abuse of at least 3 women, morals, intents, backing and beliefs be material?

not to mention the hundreds of thousands of documents that werr hidden from review before his appointment.

farcical puppet appointment.

There is no evidence he's lying. None of the allegations (one of which is ludicrous and has been widely discredited) have any corroborating evidence*
    *that they've revealed from the 10% of WH documents that were shown to the committee and 90% of WH stuff that they've not been allowed to see, or from the FBI report that was restricted to a week, and a handful of witnesses selected by the WH.

It does seem that there's ample evidence he's lying: well, that is, unless you take the Trumpian view of what words mean (i.e., whatever he wants them to mean at any given point). https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/pl ... surdities/
  • briantrumpet
    nickice wrote:
    nickice wrote:

What lies? A guy like him could make ten times what he does in private practice. If money were his aim, that's what he'd have done.
    I'll repeat the question: would lying about his finances be material? That is a simple question, quite apart from whether he has lied.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    nickice wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    nickice wrote:
    utter nonsense

Comprehension not your strong point. He lied, evaded and went a bit ballistic (and cried) during a job interview.

I wouldn't employ him to pack shelves or fry chips.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • nickice
    nickice wrote:
    nickice wrote:

would lying about his drinking, sexual abuse of at least 3 women, morals, intents, backing and beliefs be material?

not to mention the hundreds of thousands of documents that werr hidden from review before his appointment.

farcical puppet appointment.

There is no evidence he's lying. None of the allegations (one of which is ludicrous and has been widely discredited) have any corroborating evidence*
    *that they've revealed from the 10% of WH documents that were shown to the committee and 90% of WH stuff that they've not been allowed to see, or from the FBI report that was restricted to a week, and a handful of witnesses selected by the WH.

It does seem that there's ample evidence he's lying: well, that is, unless you take the Trumpian view of what words mean (i.e., whatever he wants them to mean at any given point). https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/pl ... surdities/

The Senate has more powers than the FBI in cases like these. I've read the media accounts of people who complained that the FBI didn't contact them. Not a single one was a corroborating witness. Saying that they heard about something is simple hearsay. For the three allegations (the 'gang rape' one is patently BS) there has not been a single corroborating witness.

Allegation 1- No date or place (and Ford changed her story multiple times) other than that it was around thirty-six years ago.

Allegation 2- A place but no date and no corroborating witnesses.

Allegation 3- Not even a specific accusation against Kavanaugh.

What did you think the FBI was going to do?
  • nickice
    cooldad wrote:
    nickice wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    nickice wrote:
    utter nonsense

Comprehension not your strong point. He lied, evaded and went a bit ballistic (and cried) during a job interview.

My OP was clearly referring to the allegations of sexual assault. And it wasn't a job interview. You don't take job interviews under oath and they don't produce unsubstantiated allegations of sexual assault. What's more, you don't have a situation where half of the interview board has already declared you guilty. And so what if he got angry and cried? If you were falsely accused and declared guilty by the half the country, you might be a little upset too.
  • nickice
    nickice wrote:
    nickice wrote:

What lies? A guy like him could make ten times what he does in private practice. If money were his aim, that's what he'd have done.
    I'll repeat the question: would lying about his finances be material? That is a simple question, quite apart from whether he has lied.

What's the lie and what's the context? The question is not simple at all.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    nickice wrote:
    nickice wrote:

but he's not in private practice so WHERE HAS THE MONEY COME FROM?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    he lied, cried, shouted, abused, spoke over, accused, admitted a drinking problemand generally showed every facet an appalling candidate would show apart from wearing a short sleeved shirt.

i interviewed two new candidates last week. if they showed one of the above talents they would have been shown the door immediately.

he is a farcical puppet appointment into an incredibly powerful role

Sexual abuser is the worst candidate i have seen for any job in years.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    nickice wrote:
    cooldad wrote:
    nickice wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    nickice wrote:
    utter nonsense

My OP was clearly referring to the allegations of sexual assault. And it wasn't a job interview. You don't take job interviews under oath and they don't produce unsubstantiated allegations of sexual assault. What's more, you don't have a situation where half of the interview board has already declared you guilty. And so what if he got angry and cried? If you were falsely accused and declared guilty by the half the country, you might be a little upset too.

yes it was a job interview. what in the living bejesus do you think it is?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • briantrumpet
    nickice wrote:
    nickice wrote:
    nickice wrote:

What's the lie and what's the context? The question is not simple at all.
    Here's the context: https://fixthecourt.com/2018/07/bmk-fd-all/ i.e. what he stated in writing, along with what he testified to under oath. I don't know if he lied in either of these contexts, but that's not my job to decide.
  • nickice
    he lied, cried, shouted, abused, spoke over, accused, admitted a drinking problemand generally showed every facet an appalling candidate would show apart from wearing a short sleeved shirt.

i interviewed two new candidates last week. if they showed one of the above talents they would have been shown the door immediately.

he is a farcical puppet appointment into an incredibly powerful role

Sexual abuser is the worst candidate i have seen for any job in years.

Did you accuse either of the of sexual assault?
  • Matthewfalle
    no but their back ground checks which won't be hidden from my view will and the world's media and 3 people alleging it and a major political party and the FBI didn't contact me to tell me about it either.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    and if this creature

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_King

is already saying that Roe vs Wade will be repealed I think ee can guess that he knows more than you....

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Did he take his jacket off? Perhaps he did have a short sleeved shirt on.
  • Matthewfalle
    Did he take his jacket off? Perhaps he did have a short sleeved shirt on.

always look for the tell tale creases under tge jacket where the shirt ends and the ubiquitous collection os pens in the top pocket.

CP101

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • nickice wrote:

Yes, you keep reverting to the allegations of sexual assault not being proven, as if that's the only thing that's important.

Try looking at all the other stuff, and ignore that - it's not possible to convict on that, even though he clearly lied about some stuff. You are willing to forgive a judge lying about things you don't think are important, and wilfully misinterpreting statements. I don't think you get to choose which questions to lie about when you are under oath.

But ignoring that, on his role in the Bush administration, he lied. On his receiving stolen emails he lied. He lied repeatedly. It's the kind of thing that a judge shouldn't do, really.
  • Matthewfalle
    well, drunk sexual abuser judge appointments aside, at least his Scottish golf courses are doing well.

https://www.scotsman.com/news/donald-tr ... ssion=true

oh.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    "PRESIDENT Donald Trump is relieved that women still do not have the vote, it has emerged."

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/int ... 1008178113

"Trump added: “Some angry women are still very attractive.”"
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • well, drunk sexual abuser judge appointments aside, at least his Scottish golf courses are doing well.

oh.

According to David Farenthold of the Washington Post, his Scottish courses have cost him $281M in total, without either one ever making a profit yet.
  • Matthewfalle
    well, drunk sexual abuser judge appointments aside, at least his Scottish golf courses are doing well.

oh.

According to David Farenthold of the Washington Post, his Scottish courses have cost him $281M in total, without either one ever making a profit yet.

however they did charge the US taxpayer $50,000 for accomodqaton when the racist sexual abuser dotard went there for a working trip and just happened to play two rounds of golf in a weekend.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • well, drunk sexual abuser judge appointments aside, at least his Scottish golf courses are doing well.

oh.

however they did charge the US taxpayer $50,000 for accomodqaton when the racist sexual abuser dotard went there for a working trip and just happened to play two rounds of golf in a weekend.

Got to offset your losses when you can. Just common sense.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    Lindsay Graham really has turned into an odious creep in order to suck up to Trump, his latest offering
    "Judge Kavanugh was the "slut whore drunk" of the story in his Supreme Court nomination, Sen. Graham explained moments after Kavanaugh was confirmed.
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • Matthewfalle
    true, true.

and its a lot less than the amount of tax payer's money Pence wasted when he "walked out" of the Colts game.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • true, true.

and its a lot less than the amount of tax payer's money Pence wasted when he "walked out" of the Colts game.

And now we know that it's not his own money that he wastes when he wastes taxpayers' money, it makes even more sense.
  • briantrumpet
    cooldad wrote:
    "PRESIDENT Donald Trump is relieved that women still do not have the vote, it has emerged."

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/int ... 1008178113

"Trump added: “Some angry women are still very attractive.”"
    It's one of the effects of Brexit and Trump that sometimes the satire is more believable than the reality.
  • As a comment was made on another thread, can I just say that if a country knows that someone is definitely a crook, boasts about assaulting women and is probably a racist, then elects them anyway, the whole system is totally screwed, and it's not all one man's fault.

The fact that since then it's shown that he broke election laws, his campaign was full of crooks and a report is out showing that he is definitely a tax fraud, he lies all the time, and he still has an even chance of being reelected makes it even more clear.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    As a comment was made on another thread, can I just say that if a country knows that someone is definitely a crook, boasts about assaulting women and is probably a racist, then elects them anyway, the whole system is totally screwed, and it's not all one man's fault.

The fact that since then it's shown that he broke election laws, his campaign was full of crooks and a report is out showing that he is definitely a tax fraud, he lies all the time, and he still has an even chance of being reelected makes it even more clear.
    and it says a lot about those who won't/can't criticise and object to them, even if they agree that he is in the short term making his rich cronies and himself even richer.
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • Matthewfalle
    and in one ceremony Dotard the sexual assaulter confirms that Judge drunk sexual abuser is part of the republican mob and will do everything they want him to do and more.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.