Donald Trump

Comments

• bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    Imposter wrote:
    FishFish wrote:
    I agree that it is a vital skill to be able to use forum editing facilities. We were not taught that at Sandhurst, Glasgow University, Manchester Business School, NYU Stern, Cambridge or even OU!

Keep repeating that and someone may believe it eventually, I suppose. I could say I was taught at Yale, West Point and the Sorbonne, but without any actual supporting evidence that would be a lie as well. Meanwhile, your claims to educational excellence do seem to contrast with your appearance on here as nothing more than a troll with a limited grasp of English and an even more limited intellect.
    Exactly, Chief Audit Officer of a dual list company yeah right head office c/o fantasy island just off Narnia TR0 1LL
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,115
    Imposter wrote:
    FishFish wrote:
    I agree that it is a vital skill to be able to use forum editing facilities. We were not taught that at Sandhurst, Glasgow University, Manchester Business School, NYU Stern, Cambridge or even OU!

Keep repeating that and someone may believe it eventually, I suppose. I could say I was taught at Yale, West Point and the Sorbonne, but without any actual supporting evidence that would be a lie as well. Meanwhile, your claims to educational excellence do seem to contrast with your appearance on here as nothing more than a troll with a limited grasp of English and an even more limited intellect.
    Exactly, Chief Audit Officer of a dual list company yeah right head office c/o fantasy island just off Narnia TR0 1LL

Narnia is in central Truro?

I'm not sure which is more tedious: FF's trolling or the attempts to 'prove' that he's Russian/wasn't at Sandhurst/isn't head of audit...
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    A wardrobe in central Truro to be precise.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    rjsterry wrote:
    I'm not sure which is more tedious: FF's trolling or the attempts to 'prove' that he's Russian/wasn't at Sandhurst/isn't head of audit...

The two effectively go hand-in-hand, I would say...
  • dinyull
    dinyull Posts: 2,979
    rjsterry wrote:
    Imposter wrote:
    FishFish wrote:

Narnia is in central Truro?

It's definitely this and it's not even close.

I know it shouldn't, but always surprises me on t'internet when people know they're interacting with a troll and yet are frothing at the mouth trying to out them, presumably so they skulk off never to return.

If only there was an easier way to do that......
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,778
    rjsterry wrote:

I am. He is an interesting example of a very Trumpian phenomenon.

Example was yesterday when Trump was watching Fox Business from the previous evening, and posted his madness about Google. This means that everyone is distracted by the crazy, and when anyone searches Google for Trump news, it's all about him wanting to restrict Google, not something that might be actually useful for the American people to know about.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Dinyull wrote:
    I know it shouldn't, but always surprises me on t'internet when people know they're interacting with a troll and yet are frothing at the mouth trying to out them, presumably so they skulk off never to return.

It surprises me that anyone is even concerned enough by this to comment on it, on an off-topic forum. Trolling trolls is much more enjoyable (to me) than ignoring them. Each to their own..
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,568
    rjsterry wrote:

Example was yesterday when Trump was watching Fox Business from the previous evening, and posted his madness about Google. This means that everyone is distracted by the crazy, and when anyone searches Google for Trump news, it's all about him wanting to restrict Google, not something that might be actually useful for the American people to know about.

I actually find your fascination with Trump quite interesting (not meant as criticism - it is the Trump thread and definitely a place for those interested in Trump). To me he is very tedious.
  • bianchimoon
    TheBigBean wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

I actually find your fascination with Trump quite interesting (not meant as criticism - it is the Trump thread and definitely a place for those interested in Trump). To me he is very tedious.
    I too find the Trump phenomenon fascinating, that a proven crook, liar, racist, sexist, narcissistic, birther, climate sceptic etc, etc can get to into the position of power he is in, should be of interest to anyone who gives a sh1t about the future of humanity.
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • bianchimoon
    plus you're right he is tedious :wink:
  • kingstongraham
    TheBigBean wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

Tedious? We are living through a period that the people of the future will look back upon as an a key moment in history. Either they will say "How was this allowed to happen?" or "What caused his downfall?".

It's fascinating, and not just the minutiae of his idiocy but his enablers and his shaping of the USA judicial system for the next 40 years. The abandonment of oversight by Congress is such a big threat to the future of the USA. The consequences of these few years are going to be yuge.
  • kingstongraham
    Plus, as someone said on Twitter, he's made it to be President of the USA, he can meet with almost who he wants, arrange trips anywhere he wants (especially given that he doesn't care about the norms of presidential behaviour).

Yet he chooses to spend his days watching hour after hour of Fox News.

How the USA managed to elect someone with no redeeming qualities at all is fascinating.
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    Trump's awake at 5:30 am, googles "Trump news" to find out what he did yesterday, and tweets complaining that he can only see left wing news sites. Everyone else does the same, and sees Fox News first.

Strange he can't see any good news about him after his amazing performance on the speaker phone yesterday.

what did the freakin' idiot do on the speaker 'phone?

#intrigued

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MsBxfzGE_I

you could read a lot into that about Trump's inability to use the right device - or you could go on the basis that he has a phone on the desk - a member of staff should've setup the calls and patched the president in - at best he should've had to press one button and it should've been obvious.
  • bianchimoon
    Slowbike wrote:
    Trump's awake at 5:30 am, googles "Trump news" to find out what he did yesterday, and tweets complaining that he can only see left wing news sites. Everyone else does the same, and sees Fox News first.

Strange he can't see any good news about him after his amazing performance on the speaker phone yesterday.

#intrigued

you could read a lot into that about Trump's inability to use the right device - or you could go on the basis that he has a phone on the desk - a member of staff should've setup the calls and patched the president in - at best he should've had to press one button and it should've been obvious.
    or you could read it as just another example of how inept his administration is
  • dinyull
    dinyull Posts: 2,979
    Slowbike wrote:

#intrigued

The best people...
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,668
    TheBigBean wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

I certainly didn't expect a thread started about a foreign head of state who is a bit of an odious git (not much new there) to generate 373 pages and counting of 'discussion'. I mean, where are the Kim Jong-Un/Duterte/Maduro/Putin threads - for example?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • slowbike
    Dinyull wrote:
    Slowbike wrote:

#intrigued

The best people...

Indeed - it would seem that I'm betterer .... ;)
  • slowbike
    Slowbike wrote:

#intrigued

or you could read it as just another example of how inept his administration is
    I know a few ppl who would like a job doing the simple things - setting up a speakerphone conference call isn't exactly taxing is it ...
    Perhaps the staff assumed that their boss wasn't an idiot and could work a phone ... personally I work it the other way around - assume the boss is an idiot and then be pleasantly surprised when they manage to do something vaguely technical :)
  • bianchimoon
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TheBigBean wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

I certainly didn't expect a thread started about a foreign head of state who is a bit of an odious git (not much new there) to generate 373 pages and counting of 'discussion'. I mean, where are the Kim Jong-Un/Duterte/Maduro/Putin threads - for example?
    perhaps it's because all people don't think the same as you or have the same political view? or a million other reasons, hundreds of threads on here with more pages that i think are incredibly trivial ie 'the big girls' 'seemingly trivial things that annoy you' thread, yet you focus on as KG says one of the most important political events of all times as something not worthy of discussion.. the mind boggles
  • kingstongraham
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TheBigBean wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

This is the Putin thread.
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    I think it's fairly clear he's a fair bit worse than just a bit of an odious git, he's also 'leader of the free world' not some poxy tin pot dictator.
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • kingstongraham
    The day when you think an equivalence can be drawn between the actions expected of the leader of North Korea and the USA is either a great day for North Korea, or a terrible one for the USA.
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    quote]
    perhaps it's because all people don't think the same as you or have the same political view? or a million other reasons, hundreds of threads on here with more pages that i think are incredibly trivial ie 'the big girls' 'seemingly trivial things that annoy you' thread, yet you focus on as KG says one of the most important political events of all times as something not worthy of discussion.. the mind boggles

Capital 'P' in perhaps and first person singular is 'I' and not 'i'. This is important.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TheBigBean wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

If there were a decent variety of political views outside on here then there may be a few more thread such as the ones I mentioned above.

Also don't over-react just because I'm not joining in too enthusiastically with your apparent 'right on' anger over Trump - all I said was I didn't expect 373 pages. I'm sure a hundred or so would have done :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Jez mon wrote:
    I think it's fairly clear he's a fair bit worse than just a bit of an odious git, he's also 'leader of the free world' not some poxy tin pot dictator.
    No, he's the leader of the USA.
  • robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Jez mon wrote:

If you think that this thread is overlong then why augment it with such banalities?
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    hang on a minute - is someone daring to start on Stevo?

#putsdownglasspicksuppoolcue
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930

Apparently he hasn't got the hang of virtue signalling yet.
  • Stevo_666
    edited August 2018
    Robert88 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Jez mon wrote:

If you think that this thread is overlong then why augment it with such banalities?
    There's a subtle difference between not expecting the thread to be as long as it is and caring whether it is. Also he was wrong - IMO.
  • Stevo_666

It happens often enough.

Next! :)