Donald Trump

Comments

• bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    a 'journalist' being manhandled out of the conference after holding up a handwritten sign, not sure if it was Russian or Finnish agents, before it starts
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Trump humiliates his country, panned by reps and Dems, even fox. Will hannity realise the game is up and crucify him or just rub his cock under the table...
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Sides with the despot leading Russia, against his own intelligence services.

I mean, Putin must be jizzing in his pants every time Trump opens his mouth.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    I thought last week he was saying that the election interference happened under Obama but now he meets Putin and it hasn't happened at all again.

What I do wonder is just how stupid does Trump think people are? When you switch stories and lie all the time even an idiot can see you're doing it.

It's nothing short of weird. Is Trump getting worse in the last few weeks? Has he got a problem remembering what he's said from one minute to the next?

Putin must be amazed how easy he is to manipulate, perhaps they don't even need anything on him.
  • letap73
    letap73 Posts: 1,608
    The apparent invertebrate Paul Ryan appears to have grown a back bone:

There is no question that Russia interfered in our election and continues attempts to undermine democracy here and around the world. That is not just the finding of the American intelligence community but also the House Committee on Intelligence. The president must appreciate that Russia is not our ally. There is no moral equivalence between the United States and Russia, which remains hostile to our most basic values and ideals. The United States must be focused on holding Russia accountable and putting an end to its vile attacks on democracy.
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    letap73 wrote:
    The apparent invertebrate Paul Ryan appears to have grown a back bone:

There is no question that Russia interfered in our election and continues attempts to undermine democracy here and around the world. That is not just the finding of the American intelligence community but also the House Committee on Intelligence. The president must appreciate that Russia is not our ally. There is no moral equivalence between the United States and Russia, which remains hostile to our most basic values and ideals. The United States must be focused on holding Russia accountable and putting an end to its vile attacks on democracy.
    They know trump has lost his marbles and the game is up. Gone by the weekend, mental breakdown, heart attack, dog ate homework,
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    For a very stable genius - he's neither is he ?

I'm starting to think this is a Black Mirror script.

How anyone ever trusted him is beyond me - but now...

Can they have a vote of no confidence and kick him out ?
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,113
    There seems to be half a chance that the Republican party will suddenly think "Oh God, what have we done?" but I wouldn't bet on it.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 19,603
    mfin wrote:
    Has he got a problem remembering what he's said from one minute to the next?
    Yes.

I think his verbal utterances are based on a few base/basic instincts, but you've only got to read what he's said to realise that his language isn't even at the level of organisation of an average five-year-old. Put him in a home for people with dementia, and his ramblings would fit right in (though even there, I think you'd find more cogent utterances, albeit based on disintegrating logical processes).
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    mfin wrote:
    Yes.

I think his verbal utterances are based on a few base/basic instincts, but you've only got to read what he's said to realise that his language isn't even at the level of organisation of an average five-year-old. Put him in a home for people with dementia, and his ramblings would fit right in (though even there, I think you'd find more cogent utterances, albeit based on disintegrating logical processes).

It's probably been said before on this thread, but Trump has an acknowledged tendency to hold the view of the last person he spoke to. Unfortunately, in this case (ie before the press conf), the last person he spoke to was Vlad.
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    mfin wrote:
    Yes.

I don't think that you should continue promoting what you quaintly refer to as organised language (I think you mean syntax really) given the way you have mangled the English in your uninteresting and worthless paragraph.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    Imposter wrote:
    mfin wrote:
    Yes.

It's probably been said before on this thread, but Trump has an acknowledged tendency to hold the view of the last person he spoke to. Unfortunately, in this case (ie before the press conf), the last person he spoke to was Vlad.

People keep making excuses for Trump, like he doesn't understand what he is doing.

He does know what he is doing. He's an evil bully. He courts Russia because he knows it puts the wind up his allies in Europe. Just as Putin, knowing Merkel's nervousness with dogs, brought his in to 'show' her. Trump parades Putin as his buddy.

All down the line people have underestimated Trump and he has thrived on it. It's not high intelligence, he just doesn't give a shit. He'll go back to the USA, stick two fingers up at Mueller and say whaddaya gonna do now fella? If nothing happens it'll be Trump/Putin, USA/Russia normalised. Rebuild the FBI in Trump's image with a little help from ex-KGB Putin.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,660
    Although on the flip side of the cosying up to Putin, getting other NATO members to increase spending and honour their commitments is a positive thing in my view. I haven't seen much comment about that on here.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • rjsterry
    He got them to reconfirm what they had already agreed a few years ago at the Wales summit. No-one has increased military spending just yet so let's wait and see. Of course he's claiming it as a huge victory.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• tangled_metal
    tangled_metal Posts: 4,021
    Was the NATO summit about a pledge to spend 2% of gdp on defence? Well I pledge to spend 2% of my income on Corbyn's labour party if that comes off. Against my political principles but it's a safe bet I reckon. All NATO members spending 2%. Is Trump senile? If he calls a repeat of a pledge that was made before and never kept (except only just recently by the UK and exceeded by USA on ideological grounds).

It was of course a win for the planned aims of the meeting to be met but hardly his success. IIRC the NATO summit theme was always planned to focus on spending. Trump's way to win, get an international summit that has set agenda, claim agenda for self and then claim a win when there's a loose agreement been made. Then move on quickly so the American public forget about it when it fails to materialise. Denuclearisation of the Korean peninsula anyone? Not happening!
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    What we all fail to take into account with Trump is that he is a property developer/building contractor. In my experience in dealing with these people in the UK is that in many instances they are thugs and bullies. Poorly educated to the point where the most complex adjective they can think of is 'great' or 'fantastic'. They never give a damn about what they say or who it offends. They're corrupt and have public servants in their back pocket. They have no conscience and the end game is personal accumulation of wealth at all costs.
    Trump I am sure must have an end game...... $$$$$$$$$$$
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • FishFish
    Was the NATO summit about a pledge to spend 2% of gdp on defence? Well I pledge to spend 2% of my income on Corbyn's labour party if that comes off. Against my political principles but it's a safe bet I reckon. All NATO members spending 2%. Is Trump senile? If he calls a repeat of a pledge that was made before and never kept (except only just recently by the UK and exceeded by USA on ideological grounds).

It was of course a win for the planned aims of the meeting to be met but hardly his success. IIRC the NATO summit theme was always planned to focus on spending. Trump's way to win, get an international summit that has set agenda, claim agenda for self and then claim a win when there's a loose agreement been made. Then move on quickly so the American public forget about it when it fails to materialise. Denuclearisation of the Korean peninsula anyone? Not happening!

Maybe you have not realised that the spend will be on American military equipment.

• FishFish
    Mr Goo wrote:
    What we all fail to take into account with Trump is that he is a property developer/building contractor. In my experience in dealing with these people in the UK is that in many instances they are thugs and bullies. Poorly educated to the point where the most complex adjective they can think of is 'great' or 'fantastic'. They never give a damn about what they say or who it offends. They're corrupt and have public servants in their back pocket. They have no conscience and the end game is personal accumulation of wealth at all costs.

What you fail to realise is that he is the elected president with a populist mandate. Just take a moment to analyse your hatred of building contractors - just because you lost out gives you no moral high ground and causes you the loss of respect from all of us because we can manage procurement of services properly. And the context with which 'great' and 'fanstastic' are used are clearly not as adjectives. So if your experience of dealing with 'they and them' is that they are corrupt and bribe our civil servants and you have not reported a crime under UKBA 2010 or FCPA then YOU are complicit.

• mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    edited July 2018
    FishFish wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:

What you fail to realise is that he is the elected president with a populist mandate. Just take a moment to analyse your hatred of building contractors - just because you lost out gives you no moral high ground and causes you the loss of respect from all of us because we can manage procurement of services properly. And the context with which 'great' and 'fanstastic' are used are clearly not as adjectives. So if your experience of dealing with 'they and them' is that they are corrupt and bribe our civil servants and you have not reported a crime under UKBA 2010 or FCPA then YOU are complicit.

Check out Richard Carr.

I would also draw a distinction between being clever and being intelligent. Trump is a clever man to have attained his wealth and current position as POTUS. He is clearly not intelligent, nor it seems are the Republican party for nominating him as their presidential candidate. Same goes for the millions that voted him in.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • rjsterry
    FishFish wrote:

Maybe you have not realised that the spend will be on American military equipment.

The point being that money isn't being spent by some NATO members, and most likely will continue not to be spent.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• dinyull
    dinyull Posts: 2,979
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Although on the flip side of the cosying up to Putin, getting other NATO members to increase spending and honour their commitments is a positive thing in my view. I haven't seen much comment about that on here.

Just like the bigly excellent work he did helping denuclearise NK?
  • tangled_metal
    tangled_metal Posts: 4,021
    FishFish wrote:

Maybe you have not realised that even American equipment manufacturers use British companies to help make their military equipment. Israelis to French also get involved no doubt.

Of course BAe Systems is a great British company. When the septics were developing the f35 (two US companies bidding for the work and designing two planes) BAe Systems was involved with both sides. They'd have won with either lead contractor.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    There's a reason for that, not everyone thinks that spending even more money on bombs, bullets, missiles, tanks and foot soldiers is a great use of the worlds wealth when there are other ways to achieve a peaceful more equitable world.
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • rick_chasey
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Err, do you know what NATO is even for?

And it's not like you to be so into a supranational organisation based in Belgium getting more funding...

Very peculiar.
  • Stevo_666
    rjsterry wrote:
    He got them to reconfirm what they had already agreed a few years ago at the Wales summit. No-one has increased military spending just yet so let's wait and see. Of course he's claiming it as a huge victory.
    Views are split on this, but it does seem that his (rather crude) threats have helped galvanise some members into putting their money where their mouth is. For example:
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jul/16/trumps-approach-to-nato-summit-made-a-difference-says-may-defence-spending

And I do have some sympathy with the US view that other members are not pulling their weight.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

And it's not like you to be so into a supranational organisation based in Belgium getting more funding...

Very peculiar.
    Rick, write out 100 times: "I must resist the temptation to post like a patronising **** " :wink:
  • rick_chasey
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Very peculiar.
    Rick, write out 100 times: "I must resist the temptation to post like a patronising **** "

Mate, if you really want that, stop posting stuff that's so easy to patronise.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Very peculiar.
    Rick, write out 100 times: "I must resist the temptation to post like a patronising **** "

Mate, if you really want that, stop posting stuff that's so easy to patronise.
    See my post above on how his approach has galvanised some action - others may disagree. Don't let your dislike for the man cloud your judgement.

And stop making simplistic assumptions about what people know or don't know.
  • rick_chasey
    Trump being played like a piano by Putin is good for NATO?

I mean, either you don't know what NATO is or you're stupid if you think that.

Be glad I gave you the benefit of the doubt.
  • robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    He has to say something, it doesn't matter if it's stupid if it sounds as if it might not be.