Donald Trump

Comments

• bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    Veronese68 wrote:
    orraloon wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    There's a huge stench of hypocrisy around here
    Would that be from the bloke that calls anyone that he doesn’t consider to be wholeheartedly supporting Britain a traitor but rides a Canyon?
    It’s worth losing money to get out of the EU, but won’t put his hand in his pocket to buy British or support British bike shops.
    That would indeed be the stench of hypocrisy.
    Badoom tish. :D You win.

He loses!

The Canyon was purchased in 2011 when the bike industry in the UK and bike brands available was vastly different.

Apart from being ill informed he now looks even more stupid after his rant. I'm glad to have put the idiot back in his box :D
    Blimey, I hadn’t realised there wasn’t a single bike shop in Britain in 2011. Or is that complete bullshit from an ignoramus trying to justify his hypocrisy.
    Coopster the first, coopster the only, coopster the last... it’s a Darwin thing :wink:
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    Well if I recall in 2011 Canyon had a huge reputation for quality and changed one of the dimensions of buying by ordering straight from the manufacturer. Then I bought an Orange bike - which designated itself a British bike - very happy with it - poor welding - well it looked poor and overpriced - but the P7 Pro at the time had a very good reputation. I don't recall any British bikes there in competition and Canyon was sweeping the Board at the time.

I've not tracked the British bike industry from 2011 but assuredly it is very different. You would not have wanted to buy a bike from Halfords then.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    A c**t of the highest order.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,867
    FishFish wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    ...bike brands available was vastly different.
    er, 'was'?

just another proof that fanatical whining brexiters are of low intelligence

Maybe you believe that fanatical whining brexiteers are of low intelligence and maybe they are. And maybe fanatical whining remainers are too. But your opinion does not constitute proof in any sense of the term.

This is the internet - calm down!

It really is remarkably easy to use the internet to see the demographics of remain and leave voters
  • FishFish
    What has demographics got to do with the discussion being elaborated here? I doubt whether the demographics bias that you suggest is evident from 'the internet' - I think that you may mean resulting from internet searching but unless there is a sample size of 1 then the r**2 (correlation coefficient) will render interpretation meaningless.

Maybe you don't know what a demograph is.

• FishFish
    Ben6899 wrote:

Hopefully it is me you refer to - complements from the likes of you are rare. And I agree with you!! As always. :D

• mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Sue the EU? What a complete and utter idiot. It's so laughable.
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    mfin wrote:

I want to know what court you'd take them to
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Jez mon wrote:
    mfin wrote:

I''d be willing to bet the simpleton would assume that's what The European Court of Justice is for.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,147
    mfin wrote:
    especially as the uk is the eu

may clearly intended to demonstrate, as if were it needed, what a complete fuckwit he is, but trump doesn't even understand the usa, the rest of the world is so far beyond his comprehension there's really no point paying him any attention at all

the way that the pathetic bojo, moron, dacre et alia hang on his every word only goes to show just how debased they really are

couple of years, he and his coterie of scum will be on the way out, whining all the way no doubt
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Jez mon wrote:
    mfin wrote:

The European Court. But I'd rather know on what basis they would be sued. It's a preposterous idea with no basis in reality, which is probably why Trump came up with it...
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,867
    FishFish wrote:
    What has demographics got to do with the discussion being elaborated here? I doubt whether the demographics bias that you suggest is evident from 'the internet' - I think that you may mean resulting from internet searching but unless there is a sample size of 1 then the r**2 (correlation coefficient) will render interpretation meaningless.

Probably best you don’t get into semantics about the English language - online translation services can only get you so far.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    FishFish wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:

Hopefully it is me you refer to - complements from the likes of you are rare. And I agree with you!! As always. :D

Don't flatter yourself.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • FishFish
    FishFish wrote:

Probably best you don’t get into semantics about the English language - online translation services can only get you so far.

Grow up sonny. I won the point. As always! :D

• robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    FishFish wrote:
    I won the point. As always!

You've made no points. You never do, just bitch<female dog> and whine and waste our time.
  • robert88
    Anyway back to the subject.

Trump is off to meet his best buddy having trashed May's party and shown us the contempt he has for the UK. Why not? Our government has been so shockingly bad that it was a doddle for our enemies to engineer a Brexit referendum win thus severing us from some of closest allies. Trump has sealed his approval for that disaster and labelled the EU as one of his country's "greatest foes". Of course we are used to Trump's hype and his apparent backtracking from such shocking statements. Perhaps we should start to believe the hype and dismiss the backtracking. One moment May has blown a US trade deal, next moment it's 'possible'. Possible if we toe Trump's line and do as we are told.

His next task is to defeat democracy in his own country. His own election has shown what can be done towards that objective. Once that is achieved we will face as an opponent the World's most heavily militarised country whom we once thought of as a friend.

May just had a last chance to stand up to this bully and she blew it.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,174
    FishFish wrote:
    .I've not tracked the British bike industry from 2011 but assuredly it is very different. You would not have wanted to buy a bike from Halfords then.

Halfords were the sole distributor of Boardman bikes back then, they were excellent value for money bikes and you got to help your local bike shop too by taking it to them to be checked over before riding it.
  • robert88
    Pross wrote:
    FishFish wrote:
    .I've not tracked the British bike industry from 2011 but assuredly it is very different. You would not have wanted to buy a bike from Halfords then.

Halfords were the sole distributor of Boardman bikes back then, they were excellent value for money bikes and you got to help your local bike shop too by taking it to them to be checked over before riding it.

Why are you obsessed by Fishfish?
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,983
    At a guess, because he/she/bot writes Pishpish.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,113
    Pross wrote:
    FishFish wrote:

At the time my local Halfords had a few Wiliers and a Van Nicholas in the window. I'm not sure the staff knew what they were but nonetheless they were for sale.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • robert88
    PBlakeney wrote:
    At a guess, because he/she/bot writes Pishpish.

Easy meat.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    I see Trump is saying relationships with Russia have never been worse.

He's not big on history is he ?
  • robert88
    Anyway, getting back to Halfords, my only real experience of them was a few years ago when my Cateye front light packed on my commute. I went in and asked if they could fix it. "Nah, sorry mate it's bolloxed, here take this one" and handed me a new replacement 'on the house'.
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 19,603
    Fenix wrote:
    I see Trump is saying relationships with Russia have never been worse.

He's not big on history is he ?
    Given that he can't even remember how he started whatever sentence he's on when he's talking, or what his last lie was, that comes as no great surprise.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,174
    Robert88 wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    FishFish wrote:

Why are you obsessed by Fishfish?

WTF are you talking about?
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    rjsterry wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    FishFish wrote:

At the time my local Halfords had a few Wiliers and a Van Nicholas in the window. I'm not sure the staff knew what they were but nonetheless they were for sale. Then again, I'm not too sure what most employees of LBS' know what they are either so it's no biggie.

FTFY
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Pross wrote:
    FishFish wrote:

THis - brilliant bikes, fantastic value for money, ridden by the knowledgeable mocked by the clubbie.

£500 for an excellent carbon/Ali frame, full carbon fork, full WCS seat post, stem bars and 10 speed full Dura Ace? Brilliant stuff.

In fact I have one of those in the garage.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • bianchimoon
    Putin Trump news conference about to start, oh dear!
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • robert88
    Pross wrote:
    FishFish wrote:

THis - brilliant bikes, fantastic value for money, ridden by the knowledgeable mocked by the clubbie.

£500 for an excellent carbon/Ali frame, full carbon fork, full WCS seat post, stem bars and 10 speed full Dura Ace? Brilliant stuff.

In fact I have one of those in the garage.

You couldn't trump that.
  • bianchimoon
    Trump says Putin is my competitor, all the commentators point out the Russian economy is the same size(ish) as New York State and that the US do more trade with Kuwait than Russia... putin walks out onto stage zipping flies up.. (ok i made the last bit up) :shock: