Donald Trump

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    It's quite scary when you actually see some of the brainwashed posting on this forum. Most of the time I assume the American electorate will have realised the error of their ways and Trump has no chance next time but then you see posts like those above. Then again, I suppose we have a fair few of our own like that.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,541
    Trump for Nobel Peace prize anyone?

Well Obama got one for offering hope. Maybe they will hand out a few in the Democrat primaries.
  • ayjaycee
    ayjaycee Posts: 1,277
    PBlakeney wrote:
    "Donald Trump ranked worst president in US history by nearly 200 political scientists
    The president ranks even below Richard Nixon".

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 18721.html

It doesn't really matter what 'political scientists' think as long as Joe Public in the USA continues to support him - I am trying my very best not to appear racist when describing our American cousins who did, of course, vote the orange cretin to office in the first place!
    Cannondale Synapse Carbon Ultegra
    Kinesis Racelight 4S
    Specialized Allez Elite (Frame/Forks for sale)
    Specialized Crosstrail Comp Disk (For sale)
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    Pross wrote:
    It's quite scary when you actually see some of the brainwashed posting on this forum. Most of the time I assume the American electorate will have realised the error of their ways and Trump has no chance next time but then you see posts like those above. Then again, I suppose we have a fair few of our own like that.

Not mine I hope. I thought a statement like that didn't really need a smiley...
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,097

Perhaps some one should suggest the possibility in his ear. Then he may aspire to it because it would be a huge ego boost and he would see it that way.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,981
    Pinno wrote:

Perhaps some one should suggest the possibility in his ear. Then he may aspire to it because it would be a huge ego boost and he would see it that way.
    Question is, what would he do?
    Simply going along with Lil Kim shouldn't cut it. Shouldn't, but these days...
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,965
    Moontrane wrote:
    orraloon wrote:
    I think Moontrane is an USAnian so remember not to do irony, keep it literal, simple words best.

What is an USAnian?

:lol:

The older I get, the better I was.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,642
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • There's always an ulterior motive, what is his?
  • TheBigBean
    There's always an ulterior motive, what is his?

France is not impressed by the new sanctions on some Russian oligarchs and is keen for Trump to drop them.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    Its still seen as a big political prize to have a 'state' visit to washington, his presidency is going through a rough patch in France, if he can be a moderating influence on Trump I'm all for it, still a big gamble given how unpopular trump is in Europe.
    Everything i've read about Macron seems to say he's pretty good at using older more influential French politicians, could be using the same model with Trump?, plus Macron's nobody's fool he calls out Trump on Iran, Climate, S*ithole countries, Haiti, all of this helps in making a name for yourself on the world stage and possibly taking over Merkel's role as Europes 'leader'.
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • Moontrane
    Moontrane Posts: 233
    cooldad wrote:
    Moontrane wrote:
    Moontrane wrote:
    Moontrane wrote:
    The default position of trump, the NRA and the gun lobby is guns are NOT dangerous, it’s the mental health of the people who use them that is the problem. Yet last year trump cut 18% from the budget of the department responsible for background checks on people buying guns. Of course nothing will ever change in the US it’s a frightened society and events like 14 feb, make it imperative that a vocal minority have weapons to protect themselves. The best the US can eve hope for is a ban on automatic weapons that were designed for war, not protection or hunting.

Automatic weapons are rarely used in mass shootings. I can't recall the last time one was used. Weapons designed for war - the fully automatic, machine-gun types - are used by military and some portions of law enforcement such as SWAT.
    Phew, American kids eh, such a bunch of drama queens, worrying about whether those pesky shooters have bump stocked their rifles or have a nifty finger action.

Who has used "your" bump stock to shoot drama-queen American students?

I could ask a neighborhood kid to fashion me a bump stock, having him use just a shoestring. Do you understand that bump stocks are like mechanical pencils? Ban them and only law-abiding citizens comply.

Sorry - are you saying that the students are drama queens - i.e. Making a mountain out of a molehill, being over dramatic, worrying about things that don't really need worrying about?

Some from the from the Florida high school are. School shootings are incredibly rare.

Yeah because having your friends mowed down by a psycho is just one of those things. Nothing to see here, move along.

Perhaps they see a bigger picture....

As I wrote, incredibly rare. It's an awful picture, but they're kids who have no idea how ignorant they are. Emoting is not an argument.

Do you believe that American teenagers know better/more about the 2nd amendment and guns than adults? Do you know more than American teenagers do about the 2nd amendment and guns?
    Infinite diversity, infinte variations
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Moontrane wrote:
    cooldad wrote:
    Moontrane wrote:
    Moontrane wrote:
    Moontrane wrote:
    The default position of trump, the NRA and the gun lobby is guns are NOT dangerous, it’s the mental health of the people who use them that is the problem. Yet last year trump cut 18% from the budget of the department responsible for background checks on people buying guns. Of course nothing will ever change in the US it’s a frightened society and events like 14 feb, make it imperative that a vocal minority have weapons to protect themselves. The best the US can eve hope for is a ban on automatic weapons that were designed for war, not protection or hunting.

Automatic weapons are rarely used in mass shootings. I can't recall the last time one was used. Weapons designed for war - the fully automatic, machine-gun types - are used by military and some portions of law enforcement such as SWAT.
    Phew, American kids eh, such a bunch of drama queens, worrying about whether those pesky shooters have bump stocked their rifles or have a nifty finger action.

I could ask a neighborhood kid to fashion me a bump stock, having him use just a shoestring. Do you understand that bump stocks are like mechanical pencils? Ban them and only law-abiding citizens comply.

Sorry - are you saying that the students are drama queens - i.e. Making a mountain out of a molehill, being over dramatic, worrying about things that don't really need worrying about?

Some from the from the Florida high school are. School shootings are incredibly rare.

Yeah because having your friends mowed down by a psycho is just one of those things. Nothing to see here, move along.

As I wrote, incredibly rare. It's an awful picture, but they're kids who have no idea how ignorant they are. Emoting is not an argument.

Do you believe that American teenagers know better/more about the 2nd amendment and guns than adults? Do you know more than American teenagers do about the 2nd amendment and guns?

Do you know what an incredible pompous dick you sound like?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Moontrane wrote:
    cooldad wrote:
    Moontrane wrote:
    Moontrane wrote:
    Moontrane wrote:

And here we go again.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/0 ... -shooting/

Absolutely no reason at all ever for weapons of that type to be anywhere except Barracks, combat zones and very essential places with massive regulations.

I frickin' hate guns.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Moontrane

From your post to the ears of the Nobel Committee.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/timothyme ... p-n2473207

Now, Rep. Luke Messer (R-IN) is calling for President Trump to be awarded the Nobel Peace prize if North Korea decides to disarm all together.

“If North Korea disarms, President Trump deserves the Nobel Peace Prize,” Messer said in a statement released Saturday morning.

“President Trump’s peace through strength strategy is making America safer and delivering results. This is more progress in North Korea than we saw during the entire Obama administration, and it’s a direct result of President Trump’s strong leadership on the world stage,” he added.

tenor.gif
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,105
    edited April 2018
    Who's the guy stood on top of the tank supposed to be?
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Moontrane
    Pross wrote:

I am above you. :twisted:
  • Moontrane
    Its still seen as a big political prize to have a 'state' visit to washington, his presidency is going through a rough patch in France, if he can be a moderating influence on Trump I'm all for it, still a big gamble given how unpopular trump is in Europe.
    Everything i've read about Macron seems to say he's pretty good at using older more influential French politicians, could be using the same model with Trump?, plus Macron's nobody's fool he calls out Trump on Iran, Climate, S*ithole countries, Haiti, all of this helps in making a name for yourself on the world stage and possibly taking over Merkel's role as Europes 'leader'.

Moderating influence on Trump? After a few of the Republican Presidential debates I knew there was no such thing.

Hey, tomorrow beckons...
  • Moontrane
    Moontrane wrote:
    cooldad wrote:
    Moontrane wrote:
    Moontrane wrote:
    Moontrane wrote:

Do you know what an incredible pompous dick you sound like?

I make few sounds on the internet. What're (hopeful conjugation) your disagreements?
  • Moontrane
    rjsterry wrote:
    Who's the guy stood on top of the tank supposed to be?

Ask bendertherobot.
  • Moontrane
    Moontrane wrote:
    cooldad wrote:
    Moontrane wrote:
    Moontrane wrote:
    Moontrane wrote:

And here we go again.

Absolutely no reason at all ever for weapons of that type to be anywhere except Barracks, combat zones and very essential places with massive regulations.

I frickin' hate guns.

Why do you hate guns? Drivers kill many more in your country than those using guns. Hate cars - at all?
  • Moontrane
    Moontrane wrote:
    cooldad wrote:
    Moontrane wrote:
    Moontrane wrote:
    Moontrane wrote:

And here we go again.

I frickin' hate guns.

Leave Barrack Obama alone!!! :lol:
  • Moontrane
    Moontrane wrote:
    Moontrane wrote:
    cooldad wrote:
    Moontrane wrote:
    Moontrane wrote:
    Moontrane wrote:

And here we go again.

I frickin' hate guns.

Why do you hate guns? Drivers kill many more in your country than those using guns. Hate cars - at all?

Sorry, I didn't include this:

Define and describe the function of what “weapons of that type” means.

Did you know that the US military does not use the AR-15? It’s inadequate for their needs.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Moontrane wrote:
    Did you know that the US military does not use the AR-15? It’s inadequate for their needs.

That's irrelevant - it's still an automatic weapon. The AR15 is an older design, from which the current M16 (which the 'US military' obviously does use) was developed. You need to do some more research...
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    It's actually semi automatic, you need to pull the trigger for each shot.

But USAians love to deflect gun control arguments into semantic arguments over gun details.
    Moontrane wrote:

Guns are designed for one reason only - kill things. Cars etc may be dangerous but are designed as transport. And there have been many things legislated to make them safer, from pedestrian safety, to driver safety, and drink/cellphone driving laws etc.

Why is it different to try and make guns safer?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad
    Moontrane wrote:

Adults? I'll put m faith in the kids.

rednecks-with-guns.jpg

baby.jpg

Gun-Banjo.jpg

GirlsGunsKidsGuns.jpg

784x2048.jpg

116.jpg

i-522b4cbf97eae696f2bb066e740de475-Family-xmas-460x340.jpg

redneck-with-guns.jpg

ricky_the_redneck_yourotherguns_screencap.jpg
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • imposter2.0
    cooldad wrote:
    It's actually semi automatic, you need to pull the trigger for each shot.

The 'original' AR15 was select fire, civilian versions are semi-auto..
  • cooldad
    Er and we are talking about 'civilians' in this thread.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • imposter2.0
    cooldad wrote:
    Er and we are talking about 'civilians' in this thread.

But the post I was responding to was from moontrane, who was talking about the US military not using the AR15...
  • TheBigBean
    Not sure what all the nakedness with guns is about nor the kids with guns photos, but guns on wall whilst changing a nappy and guns on back whilst buying takeaway seem reasonably normal to me for various parts of the world.