Donald Trump

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 27,065
    Pinno wrote:
    team47b wrote:
    History in the making, as Rich Hall said we are about to elect the First Lady president or the first last president :D

With so many shootings by police in the US recently and the following unrest, it's not far off civil war.
    A friend of mine over there has said as much this week.
    He is concerned, very concerned.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • father_jack
    father_jack Posts: 3,509
    mfin wrote:
    The lack of political policy coming out of Trump's funny shaped mouth is quite amazing, all that is left is the media circus. Of course, this is all Trump ever wanted this to be. He thought his personality would see him through, what he forgot to take into account is that he doesn't have a good one. Plus, all in all, he is a bit dim.

Breaking on the news (right this second), aaaaanother allegation from a woman against Trump.

Anyone doubting these allegations? Of course there will be or could be some people who'd falsely come forward, but I think it is very likely there will be more and more.

Funny how they haven't come out before though...
    Say... That's a nice bike..
    Trax T700 with Lew Racing Pro VT-1 ;-)
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,207
    mfin wrote:
    The lack of political policy coming out of Trump's funny shaped mouth is quite amazing, all that is left is the media circus. Of course, this is all Trump ever wanted this to be. He thought his personality would see him through, what he forgot to take into account is that he doesn't have a good one. Plus, all in all, he is a bit dim.

Breaking on the news (right this second), aaaaanother allegation from a woman against Trump.

Anyone doubting these allegations? Of course there will be or could be some people who'd falsely come forward, but I think it is very likely there will be more and more.

Funny how they haven't come out before though...

they have come out before, often

but he's got a lot of money, influence and leverage, for instance the contract dispute where dropping sexual harassment charges was a condition for settlement, the people on the other end couldn't afford to fight it, he bought them off for peanuts in his terms

one of his ex-wives even accused him of rape years ago

the guy is a bully who uses his power to get what he wants

ultimately he'll lose the election, it's fun seeing him whine about how everything is against him, but sadly it's unlikely he'll ever suffer even a fraction as much as the people he has ruined, abused and exploited
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,846
    orraloon wrote:
    Leavebollix (to paraphrase our resident tax dodger)
    Never heard you refer to Sturgeons campaign like that. Lets hope she gets her way eh :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,516
    He's categorically stated that he's sexually assaulted women and numerous alledged victims have come forward making claims of being sexually assaulted.

Can anyone tell me why he's not been questioned by police?
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    Slowmart wrote:
    He's categorically stated that he's sexually assaulted women and numerous alledged victims have come forward making claims of being sexually assaulted.

Have any of the 'victims' made a complaint to any police department?
    That's probably your 'Why?'
  • slowmart
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Slowmart wrote:

http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/could-t ... e-forward/

Looks like Trump is going to have his hands full after the election. Pity Hilary couldn't open the door on the rape allegation but when your own husband has rape allegations against him and having found to have perjured himself doesn't leave a sound platform.

Such a pity we didn't see Bernie against Condalissa Rice as a Presidential race. The only aspect more damaged than the nominees is the electoral process and democracy.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • ballysmate
    Slowmart wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Slowmart wrote:

Looks like Trump is going to have his hands full after the election. Pity Hilary couldn't open the door on the rape allegation but when your own husband has rape allegations against him and having found to have perjured himself doesn't leave a sound platform.

Such a pity we didn't see Bernie against Condalissa Rice as a Presidential race. The only aspect more damaged than the nominees is the electoral process and democracy.

New York Times?
  • slowmart
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Slowmart wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Slowmart wrote:

New York Times?

I'd say the legal viewpoint is valid.

No matter the story, Dan Abrams says there is "always a legal angle." That's why Abrams, the chief legal analyst for ABC News and founder of Mediaite, is launching a new site: LawNewz.com.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/01/19/media/d ... s-lawnewz/

Desmond Tutu
  • ballysmate
    For the police to question anyone, they will want a complaint.
  • ballysmate
    As I have said before, at least HC isn't Trump.
  • ballysmate
    Trump is on 40% Clinton 46% and Trump has always been at least 2 points behind.
    I think we all agree that Trump is unfit for any public office, never mind POTUS.
    But Clinton is deeply unpopular with millions of Americans who simply don't trust her. Only 6 points ahead of someone like DT 2 weeks before the election.
    I don't expect her popularity to grow post election either.
  • slowmart
    It looks like Trmp is getting more bang for his buck

Hillary Clinton
    TOTAL CASH ON HAND
    $177.7M
    Candidate Raised to Date* . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $766.6M
    Spent . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $614.0M
    Cash on Hand . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $152.6M

Super-PACs Raised to Date . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $183.0M
    Spent . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $159.1M
    Cash on Hand . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $25.1M

Total Raised to Date . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $949.6M
    Total Spent . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $773.2M
    Total Cash on Hand . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $177.7M
    Donald Trump
    TOTAL CASH ON HAND
    $97.3M
    Candidate Raised to Date* . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $392.1M
    Spent . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $315.0M
    Cash on Hand . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $77.0M

Super-PACs Raised to Date . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $57.0M
    Spent . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $37.9M
    Cash on Hand . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $20.3M

Total Raised to Date . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $449.1M
    Total Spent . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $352.9M
    Total Cash on Hand . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $97.3M

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/graph ... ndraising/

Or HC is even more poisonanous than we brits ever thought.

Desmond Tutu
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    honey-split.png?w=1024&h=683
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,150
    Are you going mad RoT ? ^^
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    Pinno wrote:
    Are you going mad RoT ? ^^
    What dye mean 'going, i thought RoT stood for Random Off Topic? :D:D
    (only jokin RoT) :wink:
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    yes,
    I have lost it with this presidential election run up,
    it's insane
  • pinno
    If the FBI is part of the US 'establishment', why the timing of this recent probe?
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    Pinno wrote:
    If the FBI is part of the US 'establishment', why the timing of this recent probe?

Get ready for President Trump.
  • slowmart
    mamba80 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Get ready for President Trump.

Given that the behaviour of the candidates and the expectations of the electorate which are already shaped in disappointment in the choice on nominees I doubt any material change in the end result.

It reduces down to the best choice between two people who are both lucky enough to be walking around as free citizens.

Desmond Tutu
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 27,065
    Slowmart wrote:
    It reduces down to the best choice between two people who are both lucky enough to be walking around as free citizens.
    Luck has nothing to do with it.
    Power and contacts eliminate a lot of problems.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    The thing is the fbi are just looking for the power to start reading the e mials. They have not found anythong yet. THey did not find anything before. there are actual claims of sexual harrasment against trump.

If trump gets elected the only safe place is mars. He is the cnc and there is no check or balance if wants to go to war or even use nukes. He is thin skinned and vain. It will either be a disater if he is elected or worse than that. The dollar might fall though if he is elected which will help imports.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • bondurant
    bondurant Posts: 858
    That's not quite true. It's not a dictatorship. The President cannot do precisely what he or she pleases.
  • ballysmate
    Pinno wrote:

But the FBI can't possibly have found anything new can they? Because Hillary handed over all of her emails, electronic devices and phones, co-operating fully to ascertain if national security had been compromised didn't she? :roll:
  • pinno
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

But the FBI can't possibly have found anything new can they? Because Hillary handed over all of her emails, electronic devices and phones, co-operating fully to ascertain if national security had been compromised didn't she? :roll:

It doesn't implicate HC directly, it's her aide or at least ex husband of said aide. The only implications are if HC was complicit/involved/aware that there were these emails being sent.

I think she'll ride this bump.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    Pinno wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

It doesn't implicate HC directly, it's her aide or at least ex husband of said aide. The only implications are if HC was complicit/involved/aware that there were these emails being sent.

I think she'll ride this bump.

I agree, might even help her, could come across as a cumbersome attempt to discredit her by Comey, by releasing them against advice by his own department
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • pinno
    Pinno wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    If...probe?

But...bump.

... attempt to discredit her by Comey, by releasing them against advice by his own department

Where did you pick up on that?

Wait a minute... quick Google:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/30/opini ... .html?_r=0
  • ballysmate
    FBI letter to Congress, stating that the emails had not been assessed.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016 ... etter.html

Reasons for sending the letter.

In July, Mr. Comey told Congress that the Clinton investigation was complete but that if new information came to light, the bureau would examine it. Mr. Comey pledged to be as transparent as he could with Congress about the investigation, and has since made public hundreds of pages of documents related to the inquiry. According to senior F.B.I. officials, Mr. Comey felt that he would be breaking his pledge of transparency to Congress if he did not reveal the new information from the Weiner case. And he believed that the bureau would be accused of suppressing details to benefit Mrs. Clinton — an accusation that he believed could do lasting damage to the F.B.I.’s credibility.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/31/us/po ... mails.html

So he either inform Congress and risk being accused of interfering in the election or wait until afterwards and risk being accused of a cover up to facilitate the election of a candidate.

From the same article

In 2015, the bureau began investigating the personal email account that Mrs. Clinton had used exclusively as secretary of state. As part of that investigation, the bureau tried to find every electronic device — phones, tablets, computers — that Mrs. Clinton and her aides used.

Agents could not find many of them, including several of Mrs. Clinton’s cellphones and two iPads. The agents knew that those devices, and others they were not aware of, might someday surface.

So there was a ticking bomb under Clinton, which she could have defused by handing over all the devices under her control.

This issue could have been put to bed months ago.I still think she will be elected, but lying and evasion is her default position and has come back to bite her on the ar5e
  • ballysmate
    Vice President Joe Biden on Clinton and her emails.

“I don't think she understood the gravity of setting it up. She thought it was, you know, ‘this is OK to do.’ And then when — this woman has been so battered over the last 30 years. I think then when faced with, ‘this is a problem,’ I think instead of just cutting it and dealing with it immediately, there's always an inclination to overthink it,” Biden said in an excerpt of the interview released Friday by CBS. “But I really do believe, and my grandfather said, I think people reward you being straightforward … I still think it's the best policy. But when you have been on the other end of a concerted effort, justified or not justified, to undermine your credibility, I think you probably are in a different place in terms of how your instinct, how does it respond.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/c ... den-230443

Not being straight forward and overthinking? Do you mean lying, Joe?