Donald Trump

Comments

• bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    Trump is praising wikileaks, whereas the US desperate to get Assange to the US to stand trial. Does this mean if in the very, very unlikely event Trump wins via a leak from wikileaks, Assange gets a pardon?
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • bianchimoon
    Trump now in meltdown on tw@tter, attacking his own party :lol: the gift that keeps on giving, won't be long now before it's all over, money's definitely on him pulling out or being pulled out by the GOP leaders
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,516
    Trump self combusts is hardly a surprise.

What's more troubling is until the point of the recording with Billy the Bush going the election seemed a close run thing and while Hilary has her issues with voter apppeal it's too easy to lay the issue at her door.

Donald's rhetoric, lies and misdirection either wasn't noticed or voters thought it irrelevant. And I really don't know which is worse.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • bianchimoon
    Slowmart wrote:
    Trump self combusts is hardly a surprise.

What's more troubling is until the point of the recording with Billy the Bush going the election seemed a close run thing and while Hilary has her issues with voter apppeal it's too easy to lay the issue at her door.

Donald's rhetoric, lies and misdirection either wasn't noticed or voters thought it irrelevant. And I really don't know which is worse.
    You're right, it's very weird how a large proportion of the US population take statements from politicians at face value and actually believe what they say. "I'll build a wall" "I'll ban muslims" "I'll reduce the trade deficit" "I'll put her in prison" "I can grab any p***y I want".. oh wait a minute!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,227
    Heh heh. Worth checking out Mr Randy Rainbow's oeuvre.

https://youtu.be/1jp-PK1TihE
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    The bloke is mentally ill.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,150
    Joelsim wrote:
    The bloke is mentally ill.

'Conscience' or Trump. It's hard to tell.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Briebart news trumps mouthpiece in the US are dropping hints in some of it's readers comments that a news channel is colluding with Clintons campaign to drop a story about Trump, rape and an underage girl in New York

Quote "HEADS UP TRUMP SUPPORTERS:

I have reason to believe the Clinton campaign is coordinating with the MSM to push a false narrative that Trump raped an under age girl in order to steal the election. By the time it is debunked Hillary will be in the White House and we will have been outmanuevered by crooks.

Please get the world out about this so if or when this attack materializes people realize it is just the Clinton/MSM slime machine out of desperation in the last weeks of the election throwing it to Hillary. It is imperative that you DO NOT FALL FOR THIS RUSE. PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD."

Correct. An Obama appointed judge in Hillarys New York district has 3 anonymous "Jane Does" supposedly filing these false accusations. They are now hesitant. Every time they try to accuse DJT he gets stronger support. Not sure if these charges will be filed at this point.

stay tuned :shock:

Well, whadya know?
  • bianchimoon
    Pinno wrote:
    Briebart news trumps mouthpiece in the US are dropping hints in some of it's readers comments that a news channel is colluding with Clintons campaign to drop a story about Trump, rape and an underage girl in New York

Quote "HEADS UP TRUMP SUPPORTERS:

I have reason to believe the Clinton campaign is coordinating with the MSM to push a false narrative that Trump raped an under age girl in order to steal the election. By the time it is debunked Hillary will be in the White House and we will have been outmanuevered by crooks.

Please get the world out about this so if or when this attack materializes people realize it is just the Clinton/MSM slime machine out of desperation in the last weeks of the election throwing it to Hillary. It is imperative that you DO NOT FALL FOR THIS RUSE. PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD."

Correct. An Obama appointed judge in Hillarys New York district has 3 anonymous "Jane Does" supposedly filing these false accusations. They are now hesitant. Every time they try to accuse DJT he gets stronger support. Not sure if these charges will be filed at this point.

stay tuned :shock:

Well, whadya know?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... pe-lawsuit

https://www.scribd.com/document/3267705 ... from_embed

perhaps Randy Andy will turn up as well!
  • That UK right winger commentator lass was on that discussion show last night after question time. Anyone see her? I think she gave a good defence of Trump against the Dugher Labour MP and the former newspaper editor. With portillo sounding like he was torn between not.being able to support such a reprehensible man as trump but his right wing tendencies wanting to support the republican candidate. I could see his pain over trump. Funny.
  • joelsim
    Trump's just said about the woman he groped on the aircraft...

"Believe me, she wouldn't be my first choice"
  • Lookyhere
    Lookyhere Posts: 987
    Joelsim wrote:
    Trump's just said about the woman he groped on the aircraft...

"Believe me, she wouldn't be my first choice"

to his supporters, this is vintage Trump, he got away with insulting the parents of a dead Muslim war hero.... a few sexual remarks is nothing to this guy.

to me the really scary think was looking at an young child and saying he ll be dating her in a few years.... who the xxxx looks at children and thinks/says that?

ok Jimmy step forward......
  • joelsim
    Crowd shouting "we don't care, we don't care".

Democracy really needs to be looked at now we know what we're dealing with with Trump and Brexit.
  • An American Jimmy Saville. If he's that it'll take a few years to find all his victims. Halfway through his presidency perhaps. I'm hoping the mythical shy trump voter doesn't really exist.

Didn't one Trump crowd whilst he was talking about Clinton shout "hang her" over and over again?
  • joelsim
    An American Jimmy Saville. If he's that it'll take a few years to find all his victims. Halfway through his presidency perhaps. I'm hoping the mythical shy trump voter doesn't really exist.

Didn't one Trump crowd whilst he was talking about Clinton shout "hang her" over and over again?

Yes I believe they did.
  • pinno
    ...and here was me thinking that idiot Sarah Palin was a worry when she had plans to run for Presidency. Now I think she's a moderate.
    In the current climate...
  • So which would be worse, Trump/Pence or a Trump/Palin ticket winning? Either way a sacrificial, assassin/patriot taking out a president Trump would only result in.something worse taking over.
  • pinno
    So which would be worse, Trump/Pence or a Trump/Palin ticket winning? Either way a sacrificial, assassin/patriot taking out a president Trump would only result in.something worse taking over.

That's a Catch 22 and hopefully an improbable question.

Personally, I think Trump's campaign has take a nose dive in the last 10 days. The Bible belt certainly won't support him and that's critical to winning over enough states.
  • Improbable but an interesting thought to discuss. You don't have to be mad to be American but it certainly n helps! You have to be mad to vote for Clinton but if you're mad if you don't (you'll get trump).

Catch 22 has it something along the lines that concern over flying dangerous missions is the act of a sane mind. So any pilot asking for a mental evaluation to avoid dangerous missions must.be sane so must fly them. Pilot Orr was crazy and shouldn't fly, he just had to ask. But if he asked he was no longer crazy so had to fly.

That book by Joseph Heller is such a good book but a bit of a marmite book. You either love or hate it, there's no middle ground only polarised views. Trump engenders the same polarised view. It's more like the book than the catch 22 that was.thought up in.that book.
  • pinno
    I see your point. I loved the J Heller book. How to concoct a totally improbable scenario and sell it to the reader so that the reader cannot think of an alternative resolution.
    Now as for the French Lieutenants Woman... What a crock of sh1t.

The Catch 22 is furthered in that there are question marks over HC but she is the lesser of two evils unless her tenure is a catastrophe - then people will say 'We should have voted for Trump' which will open the door to another Trump or Palin figure. Historically, few Presidential candidates ever go for Presidency a second time around after failing the first time round; that we can be grateful for. It must be something to do with the winners and losers culture in the US.
  • slowmart
    Trump is toast but that's not now the issue.

Consider the malaise, indifference and fatigue of the electorate here in the U.K. and the states and the disconect between the politicians who mainly have never had a job in the real world.

Look at the toxic candidates for President and the lack of a coherent opposition to hold the government to account during the most important realignment of trade, borders and movement of citizens. Trump resonated with a large portion of the American electorate and don't make the mistake of shooting the messenger as he simply fanned the flames of populism which is beyond scary.

The democrats failed to pivot to a politician who had real voter appeal across the spectrum and instead manipulated Hilary into the party nominee.

Palin was bad, trump was worse so who's next? Given trump has done for Republican Party for the foreseeable future means a vacuum.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • pinno
    At what point do you blame the vacuous, disconnected, apathetic electorate or the states inability to educate it's populace?
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    Slowmart wrote:
    Palin was bad, trump was worse so who's next? Given trump has done for Republican Party for the foreseeable future means a vacuum.

I think Paul Ryan's strategy now is to secure the Republican Party in congress and the senate, so limiting the damage Trump does to the party and the country. So all donors to the party are now being directed to fund their local candidates and not Trump.

Trump has already pulled his campaign out of one swing state (Virginia) due to not being able to afford ads to back up the ground work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-9Vb-X ... ture=share
  • slowmart
    Pinno wrote:
    At what point do you blame the vacuous, disconnected, apathetic electorate or the states inability to educate it's populace?

It's said you get the government you deserve.

I don't see education being a driver here as it's a misconception Trump electoral base is red neck hillbillies. It depends on the various theories and narratives on why trump has resonated so much with the electorate. The rise of Farage is a different matter as the Tories have always had close nazi within their ranks and Cameron's reaction to the threat posed by UKIP and the panic within his back bench MP's was to promise a referendum. Cameron put party before country and history will not be kind

What can you do when you have a nominee caught out telling lies, turns the constitution on its head, advocates torture, murder ( of terrorists families and Hilary), persecution due to religion or ethnicity I could go on and his suppporters don't care. Trump and the republicans will be decimated but my only regret was Bernie didn't get nominated as he would have bought a much needed sea change in domestic politics in the US and pressed the reset button globally.

In respect of corruption and self interest, trump is right.

Desmond Tutu
  • The first black American president is followed by... the first female American president.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Slowmart wrote:

Consider the malaise, indifference and fatigue of the electorate here in the U.K. and the states and the disconect between the politicians who mainly have never had a job in the real world.

Look at the toxic candidates for President and the lack of a coherent opposition to hold the government to account during the most important realignment of trade, borders and movement of citizens. Trump resonated with a large portion of the American electorate and don't make the mistake of shooting the messenger as he simply fanned the flames of populism which is beyond scary.

The democrats failed to pivot to a politician who had real voter appeal across the spectrum and instead manipulated Hilary into the party nominee.

If you've got 44 minutes and 59 seconds to spare, there's a very good podcast by Dan Carlin here, won't spoil it, but he raises some of the same points as you have.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,846
    finchy wrote:
    Slowmart wrote:

If you've got 44 minutes and 59 seconds to spare, there's a very good podcast by Dan Carlin here, won't spoil it, but he raises some of the same points as you have.
    Finchy, I don't - so happy for you to spoil it for me.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Slowmart wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

It's said you get the government you deserve.

I don't see education being a driver here as it's a misconception Trump electoral base is red neck hillbillies. It depends on the various theories and narratives on why trump has resonated so much with the electorate.
    On the point about Trump supporters being the missing link, my first hand experience is that that this often isn't the case.

I had the 'pleasure' of Trump supporting in laws visiting for a family funeral last month: they are not uneducated, and at least one of them wasn't thick. The driver seemed to a deep seated resentment of both what they felt Hillary stood for and also what they saw as the direction taken by the Obama administration. There was hardly a ringing endorsement for Trump himself, it was more a case of 'anything but the Democrats'. Unfortunately a decent rationale for these views was a bit thin on the ground.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    finchy wrote:
    Slowmart wrote:

Finchy, I don't - so happy for you to spoil it for me.

In a nutshell, Clinton's not going to solve the issues which are driving Americans to Trump, so in another 4 years' time, we'll see a new version of Trump. There's quite a bit more to it than that, but the man talks a lot, so I can't really cover the whole show.
  • Stevo_666
    OK - thanks.

The view I got separately from those whomare trying to be objective seems to be that HC is way preferable to Trump as she is not going to do anything really stupid, but is likely to be relatively ineffective for a number of reasons, increasing the disillusionment with the establishment.