Donald Trump

Comments

• Could be a good thing in the long run... it's about time politicians learn to listen to the people... they didn't in the UK and Brexit won, they didn't in the US and Trump won.

CLinton was a dead horse... wife of an ex president no longer popular, already lost once...
    left the forum March 2023
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    I guess the populous saw through the ridiculous celebrity posturing and financial support of the Clinton campaign.

So the Americans get a straight talking strong leader akin to Putin. The news will certainly be interesting for the next couple of years.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,846
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Well I'm not staying up to watch the coverage. Guess we'll know by time we get up in the morning...

Isn't that what you said in June?
    Yup. In June I was wrong about the outcome...this time I honestly didn't know which way it would go. Although bizarrely I woke up this morning remembering that I had an old pack of 'Top Trumps' in my study drawer :)

But this is going to be.....interesting?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • FocusZing
    Trumps in then, official.
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    i thought he d win, after watching a TV on broken America few weeks ago and said so on here, shame i didnt place a small wager lol!
    He gives a voice to the people who have no jobs, poor education, no healthcare, in debt and who feel they ve been left behind by capitalism and globalisation, why should a former steel worker in Pitsburg vote for the status quo?
    Odd that they then vote for a globalist/capitalist candidate......

i reckon my bet with steve is also safe, the tories wont win in 2020.

now i am shocked trump thanks hillary for her service and that america owes a debt of gratitude to her!!!!!
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    Am surprised. Though Clinton would win, perhaps quite convincingly.
    Opinion polls eh?
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    And over the line he goes.
    I bet Rick "The Self Righteous" Chasey is reaching for the nearest defibrillator.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Now we're going to have to wait and see whether (a) he moderates his politics (b) he ends up completely isolated in office or (c) he presses on with all his insane proposals and somehow manages to push them through.

Please don't let it be (c), please don't let it be (c), please don't let it be (c).
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,207
    there's always possibility that someone will implement his proposed second amendment option, albeit with a change of subject
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Mr Goo wrote:
    I bet Rick "The Self Righteous" Chasey is reaching for the nearest defibrillator.

What's your opinion on Trump, Goo?
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • ballysmate
    Democrats must be wondering how they could miss an open goal.
    All they had to do was select anyone but Clinton.
  • Mr Goo wrote:

Oh look diddums has flounced back - Wetherspoons not open yet?
  • ballysmate
    Slowmart wrote:
    It looks like Trmp is getting more bang for his buck

Hillary Clinton
    TOTAL CASH ON HAND
    $177.7M
    Candidate Raised to Date* . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $766.6M
    Spent . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $614.0M
    Cash on Hand . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $152.6M

Super-PACs Raised to Date . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $183.0M
    Spent . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $159.1M
    Cash on Hand . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $25.1M

Total Raised to Date . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $949.6M
    Total Spent . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $773.2M
    Total Cash on Hand . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $177.7M
    Donald Trump
    TOTAL CASH ON HAND
    $97.3M
    Candidate Raised to Date* . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $392.1M
    Spent . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $315.0M
    Cash on Hand . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $77.0M

Super-PACs Raised to Date . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $57.0M
    Spent . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $37.9M
    Cash on Hand . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $20.3M

Total Raised to Date . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $449.1M
    Total Spent . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $352.9M
    Total Cash on Hand . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $97.3M

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/graph ... ndraising/

Or HC is even more poisonanous than we brits ever thought.

She outspent Trump but at the end of the day Americans dont trust her..
  • Ben6899
    Ballysmate wrote:

Correction:

Sufficient numbers of Americans are either sexist, bigoted or racist.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    FocusZing wrote:
    So the Americans get a straight talking strong leader akin to Putin
    Do you mean straight talking as in bullying talk without caring for the consequences, straight talking as in making policy up on the hoof and changing his mind whenever he feels like it, or straight talking as in consistent and shameless lying?
  • FocusZing
    Yes straight talking as he will actually do something with a business head on without pussy footing about like some liberal bed wetter.
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    i think Trump will be ok, i d have voted for him, rather than Clinton, not to do with her emails but because she represents the "same" as..... Obama had 8 years to improve the lot of the avg American and failed miserably.
    listening to his victory speech, he will tone down the rhetoric and will want to make progress, he wont do that p1ssing people off.

its simplistic to say americans are thick racists sexist blah blah
  • mr_goo
    Mr Goo wrote:

I'm a member of CAMRA. Therefore I occasionally patronise Wetherspoons to try beers from smaller breweries and beers from around the world.

Bet your go to beer is Estrella.

Don't spill your Starbucks coffee down that nice silk tie of yours this morning.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • Ben6899
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:

I'm a member of CAMRA. Therefore I occasionally patronise Wetherspoons to try beers from smaller breweries and beers from around the world.

Don't spill your Starbucks coffee down that nice silk tie of yours this morning.

You have a real chip on your shoulder, Mr Goo.
    Ben

• Could be a good thing in the long run... it's about time politicians learn to listen to the people... they didn't in the UK and Brexit won, they didn't in the US and Trump won.

CLinton was a dead horse... wife of an ex president no longer popular, already lost once...

This.
    But still, it's like The Monster Raving Loony Party winning the General Election.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Pep
    Pep Posts: 501
    Here my 2cents, again:
    I think a large fraction of those who voted Trump thought:

"Although Trump is even worse than Hilary, both options are very bad, so it doesn't really matter. But voting Trump at least I get a chance to express my dissatisfaction with politics etc"
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

Correction:

Correction:

Sufficient numbers of Americans are either sexist, bigoted, racist or stupid.[/quote]
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • mr_goo
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:

I have none.
    Didn't like either campaigns. Not much of a choice was it?
    Just hope that for the sake of the blue collar workers that he courted, that he is true to his words. Perhaps he can push through the medical care bill that Obama has been fighting for. However I'm not even sure on Trump's stance for this.
  • joe2008
    joe2008 Posts: 1,531
    mamba80 wrote:
    i think Trump will be ok, i d have voted for him, rather than Clinton, not to do with her emails but because she represents the "same" as..... Obama had 8 years to improve the lot of the avg American and failed miserably.
    listening to his victory speech, he will tone down the rhetoric and will want to make progress, he wont do that p1ssing people off.

its simplistic to say americans are thick racists sexist blah blah

Yep, agree with all of that, I'm glad he won... if she'd been elected, assuming she held office until 2020, for 24 out of the 31 years since 1989 there would have been either a Clinton or a Bush in office.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    he has lots of time to change his agenda before jan 20th.. look out for "we don't need to build the wall now folks, i've spoken to the mexicans and we have solved the problem without having to build a wall, can't tell you how, but believe me i have"
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • ballysmate
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

Correction:

Correction:

Sufficient numbers of Americans are either sexist, bigoted, racist or stupid.
    [/quote]

29% of the Hispanic vote wnt to Trump.
    What happened to women voting for Clinton?
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Perhaps he can push through the medical care bill that Obama has been fighting for.

You mean the bill he is committed to repealing?
  • mr_goo
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:

You have a real chip on your shoulder, Mr Goo.

I think you should check out the history of Surrey Commuter and Rick Chasey. And see how they love to put down anyone who had a contrary opinion to them.
    Some of us are not degree educated and hold down executive jobs in corporations. We see things differently.
  • Ben6899
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:

I have none.
    Didn't like either campaigns. Not much of a choice was it?
    Just hope that for the sake of the blue collar workers that he courted, that he is true to his words. Perhaps he can push through the medical care bill that Obama has been fighting for. However I'm not even sure on Trump's stance for this.

His supporters - strangely so and as far as I understand - don't want Obamacare... because it will come out of their taxes.
    Ben

• mr_goo
    Imposter wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Perhaps he can push through the medical care bill that Obama has been fighting for.

You mean the bill he is committed to repealing?

Please put in my full comment. I did state that I was unaware of his stance on this. If this is the case then that's not good, and bad for those he purports to champion.