Donald Trump

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    CNN (fake news) has an article / opinion piece about what Trump's twitter posts say about him. A pseudo psychological analysis that's mildly interesting. Comments like he's a street fighter or his comments come about from his battles in the construction industry / life. He's the wealthy son of a wealthy property developer, I wonder how hard his battles have been?

Trump's #1 priority is how he comes across; his brand if you will.

He basically spunked a load of his inherited money on a big bunch of vanity companies which were all a big attempt to cultivate a certain public view of who Trump is. I mean, he's called everything after himself.

He's never even had to contemplate needing to work for anything basic like living. His entire labour has been about his own image. He doesn't know any different. He's never actually needed success in any conventional capacity. The objective was never to grow a company, employ more people, improve the top or bottom line, make himself money or anything like that. It's just a vehicle for him to project his own self image onto the rest of the world.

In essence, the presidency is just the culmination of that. He does not see any responsibility as president to the US, beyond his own image. Nothing in his life has ever been about anything else, and he's in his 70s. Why would that change now?

As such, why take anything he says beyond this fundamental aim. Plainly the truth is irrelevant to him. Perception is everything for him. Why else does he bang on about ratings all the time? He never has any real world worries because of his wealth. So he has defined his entire life, end to end, the full works, his money, his stories, his personal interactions, by how he is perceived and his own self image that he tries to project.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    CNN (fake news) has an article / opinion piece about what Trump's twitter posts say about him. A pseudo psychological analysis that's mildly interesting. Comments like he's a street fighter or his comments come about from his battles in the construction industry / life. He's the wealthy son of a wealthy property developer, I wonder how hard his battles have been?
    He once famously said to Howard Stern "My personal vietnam was avoiding sexually transmitted diseases in the 1980's"
    as well as "if Ivanka wasn't my daughter i'd probably be dating her" after Stern called her " a piece of Ass"
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,867

Trump's #1 priority is how he comes across; his brand if you will.

He basically spunked a load of his inherited money on a big bunch of vanity companies which were all a big attempt to cultivate a certain public view of who Trump is. I mean, he's called everything after himself.

He's never even had to contemplate needing to work for anything basic like living. His entire labour has been about his own image. He doesn't know any different. He's never actually needed success in any conventional capacity. The objective was never to grow a company, employ more people, improve the top or bottom line, make himself money or anything like that. It's just a vehicle for him to project his own self image onto the rest of the world.

In essence, the presidency is just the culmination of that. He does not see any responsibility as president to the US, beyond his own image. Nothing in his life has ever been about anything else, and he's in his 70s. Why would that change now?

As such, why take anything he says beyond this fundamental aim. Plainly the truth is irrelevant to him. Perception is everything for him. Why else does he bang on about ratings all the time? He never has any real world worries because of his wealth. So he has defined his entire life, end to end, the full works, his money, his stories, his personal interactions, by how he is perceived and his own self image that he tries to project.

and then consider that from the time that he walked into Daddy's company he has been able to fire anybody who said "no" to him. As Rick says this man in his 70s is not going to change
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,094
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Rhetorical question. At what point do you have to blame management for poor decision making if they continually have to replace the people they hired?

Rhetorical return question: How long will it take to assemble enough sycophants to staff a whole cabinet and the back room administrators?

...and the FBI and the NSA...and the judiciary (including the Attorney General)...and the US CBI...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • bianchimoon
    Pinno wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Rhetorical question. At what point do you have to blame management for poor decision making if they continually have to replace the people they hired?

Rhetorical return question: How long will it take to assemble enough sycophants to staff a whole cabinet and the back room administrators?

...and the FBI and the NSA...and the judiciary (including the Attorney General)...and the US CBI...
    and get them to sign NDA's, even though they work for the US government not Trump personally!
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,768
    If Dick Strawbridge was ever on Fox News, he would be a shoo-in for a cabinet post.
  • bianchimoon
    All recent appointments and actions seem to point to him about to fire Mueller sooner rather than later, plus weird appointment Bolton, given he's so hawkish on Russia and Korea when Dump was appointed on a "no more foreign wars" ticket?
  • rick_chasey
    All recent appointments and actions seem to point to him about to fire Mueller sooner rather than later, plus weird appointment Bolton, given he's so hawkish on Russia and Korea when Dump was appointed on a "no more foreign wars" ticket?
    The polls do not look good for Trump if he fires Mueller so that ain't gonna happen.
  • dinyull
    dinyull Posts: 2,979
    Isn't their a general belief that when approval ratings are so low or your embroiled in a scandal the best way out is to go to war?!

Bolton appointment doesn't look good.
  • rick_chasey
    Dinyull wrote:
    Isn't their a general belief that when approval ratings are so low or your embroiled in a scandal the best way out is to go to war?!

Way too much forethought attributed to Trump there.

No way would he think something out like that.

His thought processes last a little shorter than general bowl movements.
  • kingstongraham
    He's threatened to veto the spending bill.
    He clearly doesn't intend to.
    Everyone assumes he isn't going to.
    People aren't taking him seriously.
    Therefore he will veto the spending bill to prove a point.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,980
    Pinno wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:

How many times?
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • dinyull
    dinyull Posts: 2,979
    Stormy Daniels lawyer just tweeted a pic of a CD in a safe with the caption: If a picture is worth a thousand words, what's this worth?

Please be a video haha.
  • kingstongraham
    They snuck new sanctions against Russia into the spending bill.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028

That doesn't even rhyme...
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,104
    If Dick Strawbridge was ever on Fox News, he would be a shoo-in for a cabinet post.
    :lol:
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • rick_chasey
    Facebook has lost more value this week than the entire US public steel industry.
  • plowmar
    plowmar Posts: 1,032
    Heard of blank verse imposter? Possibly the worst sacking in my opinion was the guy who was sacked the day before he retired.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,094
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:

How many times?

Send in your CV. You never know, you might get a high powered, well paid job but not for long.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,980
    Pinno wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:

How many times?

Send in your CV. You never know, you might get a high powered, well paid job but not for long.
    I'd give it about as long as it takes to ***** slap the nut.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • kingstongraham
    Imposter wrote:

Also, I got the last bit wrong.

He will be told that a veto would ruin his weekend golfing.
    He will sign the bill.
  • kingstongraham
    Imposter wrote:

Also, I got the last bit wrong.

He will be told that a veto would ruin his weekend golfing.
    He will sign the bill.

(plus, if he hadn't signed the bill, he would have had to be in DC this past weekend. He really, really wouldn't have wanted that. Worth $1.3 trillion.)
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:

How many times?

I'd give it about as long as it takes to ***** slap the nut.

As an added bonus you might get a lap dance from Ivanka. He's not interested anymore as she's no longer a teenager.

GvVIMjj.jpg
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,694
    cooldad wrote:
    As an added bonus you might get a lap dance from Ivanka. He's not interested anymore as she's no longer a teenager.
    Did you see the bit where he used to tell another girl he was screwing that she reminded him of his daughter? I wonder what Ivanka thinks when she hears these things, she's probably flattered and thinks it's a complement.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Veronese68 wrote:
    cooldad wrote:
    Did you see the bit where he used to tell another girl he was screwing that she reminded him of his daughter? I wonder what Ivanka thinks when she hears these things, she's probably flattered and thinks it's a complement.
    He's publicly said that he'd like to "date" Ivanka several times, and has publicly called her "a piece of ass", so I doubt it'd come as a surprise to her. He's also reportedly said privately, when she was 13, that he was more sexually attracted to her than to his wife.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • kingstongraham
    You know, I'm starting to think he's not 100% wholesome.
  • weezyswiss
    weezyswiss Posts: 123
    You know, I'm starting to think he's not 100% wholesome.
    He just likes to keep it in the family!!
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    Hardly a surprise he polls well in the Deep South!
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    That actually sounds a bit Carry On....
  • kingstongraham
    No tweet yet boasting about kicking out 60 Russian spies?