Donald Trump

Comments

• Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    Meh, I'd have a similar opinion of him if he were to tweet some stuff about the Saudis too...
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    If it wasn't for the money would he support Israel and the Saudi's?
  • I wouldn't waste too much thinking time - he doesn't believe what he has tweeted after the next news story comes on the tv.
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    FishFish wrote:

How about him tweeting a withdrawal of any support for Saudi Arabia as the breeding ground for the terrorists that have killed more on US soil than any other nation's people? (Other than US of course!) Thought not.

Perhaps he should - but that is not the point.

I think that the UK killed more nationals on American soil a couple of centuries ago than Saudi did.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    FishFish wrote:
    FishFish wrote:

How about him tweeting a withdrawal of any support for Saudi Arabia as the breeding ground for the terrorists that have killed more on US soil than any other nation's people? (Other than US of course!) Thought not.

I think that the UK killed more nationals on American soil a couple of centuries ago than Saudi did.
    I think it was British soil at that time.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,614
    cooldad wrote:
    FishFish wrote:
    FishFish wrote:

I think it was British soil at that time.
    :D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Playing the man not the ball.
    True, but isn't that the whole point of this thread?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,199
    Ah c'mon, the man is in that classic phrase 'away with the fairies'. For goodness' sake, they had to give him a toy to play with during that NASA Moon directive signing in December so his attention wouldn't wander off, to his twatter phone or whatever. Dotard it is.

2cem9o0.jpg
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Pretty much, I view it so we can laugh at him from afar and be grateful he isn't our leader. He does give the thread a lot of material. One of my favourite things about him is the way he has to keep telling people how clever he is, very strange when you consider almost everything else he says seems to be trying to prove the opposite.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    FishFish wrote:
    Historically it is known that Pakistan harboured Al Quaida and in particular Osama in Abbotabad. Equally the drone strikes in the NW twrritories and the migration of the Afghan terrorists and foreign trainees to Pakistan is documented. But on the other hand some of these ended up in Quantanimo Bay and some of them were not gulity of whatever they were put in there.

His posting is inflamatory but in nature no different from his take on N Korea. Personally I think he is right to do this. I would have difficulty condeming the views as much as I would have in condeming the underlying calls resulting in the 3 Girls documentary.

Yandex translate fail...
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    Imposter wrote:
    FishFish wrote:
    Historically it is known that Pakistan harboured Al Quaida and in particular Osama in Abbotabad. Equally the drone strikes in the NW twrritories and the migration of the Afghan terrorists and foreign trainees to Pakistan is documented. But on the other hand some of these ended up in Quantanimo Bay and some of them were not gulity of whatever they were put in there.

His posting is inflamatory but in nature no different from his take on N Korea. Personally I think he is right to do this. I would have difficulty condeming the views as much as I would have in condeming the underlying calls resulting in the 3 Girls documentary.

Yandex translate fail...
    :D
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • orraloon wrote:
    Ah c'mon, the man is in that classic phrase 'away with the fairies'. For goodness' sake, they had to give him a toy to play with during that NASA Moon directive signing in December so his attention wouldn't wander off, to his twatter phone or whatever. Dotard it is.

2cem9o0.jpg

He's just been told the jar in the foreground is his own space-helmet. Apparently its a tight fit going on but is the correct size.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Pretty much, I view it so we can laugh at him from afar and be grateful he isn't our leader. He does give the thread a lot of material. One of my favourite things about him is the way he has to keep telling people how clever he is, very strange when you consider almost everything else he says seems to be trying to prove the opposite.
    I suppose it could be worse - but there's another thread for that :wink:
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,660
    Good effort for still listening to him tbh.

Rather like many of you find with my posts, I don’t even bother with what he has to say. Just so pointless. There’s no method, it’s just the semi-random synapse firings that occur at the precise moment he’s sh!tting our last nights supersized Big Mac meal. (That final bit may be a little less relevant to me).

Polls are still looking very ugly for him (close to worst approval rating ever for a president despite a very strong economy) nor does he have the diplomatic ability to do much through the house.

That he got his tax bill through was mainly because the gop felt they HAD to do something, so a simple majority tweak was the best they could muster, despite having majorities in the house and the senate.
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 19,540
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Today he's claiming credit for no planes falling out of the sky in 2017... in amongst the other eight tweets posted so far. I guess he's taken the first day off golfing for a week, and doesn't have anything better to do.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Ignoring the fact that there were no deaths in the previous seven years. Smoke and mirrors as usual.

But then he's got a lot of smoke and mirrors to do, it's just coming out that another of his business associates "who I wouldn't recognise in a room" (despite being regularly photographed with him) has signed up for Team Mueller.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    FA enough, just not sure why we are so bothered here in the UK to make it a 200-odd page thread.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Because it distracts from the ridiculousness of our own situation.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    FA enough, just not sure why we are so bothered here in the UK to make it a 200-odd page thread.
    You serious? Pakistans holding an emergency meeting right at this very moment, Trump has the ability to cause major world instability and you think we shouldn't be interested or discuss? Just because i'm here in the UK doesn't mean I don't care about our world. I know some Brexiteers think we are the centre of the universe but sorry to disappoint :wink:
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • briantrumpet
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Partly because it's a fascinating spectacle to see how quickly one almost comically insane person can destabilise what seemed to be a relatively mature and stable democracy, and secondly (and probably more pertinently) the ramifications that has for the future of us all, given the US's historical place as a 'superpower', and the risks that the power will be misused. It would be a different matter if he were the President of Belgium.
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Partly because it's a fascinating spectacle to see how quickly one almost comically insane person can destabilise what seemed to be a relatively mature and stable democracy, and secondly (and probably more pertinently) the ramifications that has for the future of us all, given the US's historical place as a 'superpower', and the risks that the power will be misused. It would be a different matter if he were the President of Belgium.

For me the fascination is with the strength of the constitution. They get Mueller and we get an archaic decade long enquiry hosted by a pillar of the establishment.

Anybody know if Farage/Banks have been stateside recently?
  • briantrumpet
    For me the fascination is with the strength of the constitution.
    Well, let's hope that is the case. Trump is flagrantly trampling it, and Congress, whose members all swear to uphold the Constitution are currently giving him a free pass (for whatever reasons). Nixon only went because the Republican Congress of the day signalled their intention to impeach Nixon for his transgressions against the Constitution; up till now the Republican Congress appears to be more intent on upholding their own power, by having the useful idiot Trump as President, than upholding the Constitution. It's a very risky experiment, for us all.
  • veronese68
    Because it distracts from the ridiculousness of our own situation.
    Very much so. BM does have a point, what the Dotard does has an effect on the rest of the world and could be truly catastrophic. Lets hope it doesn't come to that and SC is right. Trumpet is also correct, remember how we used to laugh at Reagan and Bush more recently. Who'd have thought they could get someone that made those two look so competent.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    You serious? Pakistans holding an emergency meeting right at this very moment, Trump has the ability to cause major world instability and you think we shouldn't be interested or discuss? Just because i'm here in the UK doesn't mean I don't care about our world. I know some Brexiteers think we are the centre of the universe but sorry to disappoint :wink:
    Judging by the length of the Brexit thread, quite a lot of remainers are a bit UK centric as well, albeit rather negatively :wink:

Although when I do delve in here from time to time there seems to be more sniping at every silly tweet etc rather than discussion of strategic global concerns.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    I also rarely delve on here because I get the impression that any good news re Trump would be greeted with dismay by some.
    Likewise the EU thread.
    A negative attitude, like you, I find hard to fathom.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    When you actually have some positive news on either post it and see.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,660
    Ballysmate wrote:
    I also rarely delve on here because I get the impression that any good news re Trump would be greeted with dismay by some.
    Likewise the EU thread.
    It’s a great, great loss.
  • briantrumpet
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Likewise the EU thread.
    If only I could see past the multiple accusations of sexual assault, the thinly disguised racism, the blatant and continual lying, the trashing of constitutional norms, the profiteering from the presidency, the golfing, the accusations of conspiring with Russia, the undermining of scientific evidence, the move towards authoritarianism, the efforts to remove millions of poorer people from affordable healthcare... then perhaps I could see the beauty of his/Republican tax cut to increase the national deficit by $1.5tn.
  • It's tricky to find the good when you get:

"I will be announcing THE MOST DISHONEST & CORRUPT MEDIA AWARDS OF THE YEAR on Monday at 5:00 o’clock. Subjects will cover Dishonesty & Bad Reporting in various categories from the Fake News Media. Stay tuned!"
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • veronese68
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Likewise the EU thread.
    Feel free to list his good points.