Donald Trump

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Having spent most of my life in the civilised colonies, I can't get over people here asking how much I weigh in rocks and stuff.
    It's like the Flintstones.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    Was that Mesopotamia?
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Looks like the tax bill is through.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Apart from Olympic swimmers who of us has even been to an Olympic size swimming pool ? I think there is only one in my area and I've not been there. 25m pols are much more common.
  • cougie wrote:
    Apart from Olympic swimmers who of us has even been to an Olympic size swimming pool ? I think there is only one in my area and I've not been there. 25m pols are much more common.

In an area the size of Wales I imagine the number of people who have seen a pool of that size would fit into Wembley Stadium.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,092

Indeed. Republicans voting to massively increase government borrowing: strange times.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • rjsterry wrote:

Indeed. Republicans voting to massively increase government borrowing: strange times.

but if the tech firms really do repatriate offshore profits then it could be a game changer
  • Matthewfalle
    rjsterry wrote:

Radio 4 were saying that it had the potential to add a trillion dollars to the national debt. I understand that that is quite a it of money.

Would the benefits to the US as a whole be worth it?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    That depends how rich you are, If you're very rich or a corporation you'll save a lot of money in tax, adding to the deficit means they will have to cut services to the less well off, cut medicare, medicaid etc for poorer people. Possibly bring more manufacturing and US offshore companies back into the US
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • Matthewfalle
    That depends how rich you are, If you're very rich or a corporation you'll save a lot of money in tax, adding to the deficit means they will have to cut services to the less well off, cut medicare, medicaid etc for poorer people. Possibly bring more manufacturing and US offshore companies back into the US

So essentially it'll help Dotard and his mates then?

Well that's a surprise.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • That depends how rich you are, If you're very rich or a corporation you'll save a lot of money in tax, adding to the deficit means they will have to cut services to the less well off, cut medicare, medicaid etc for poorer people. Possibly bring more manufacturing and US offshore companies back into the US

So essentially it'll help Dotard and his mates then?

Well that's a surprise.

Looks like it only increases the estate tax exemption to $11.2m, so won't save him as much as it could have if it had been eliminated.

The one that is counterintuitive is the repeal of the penalties for not taking out ObamaCare. Despite it being a reduction in penalties, it saves federal money because if people enrol, they get subsidies worth more than the penalty. So $314bn over 10 years is saved in a tax bill by reducing healthcare for the poor.
  • rjsterry
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• FishFish
    I think that if the UN objected to any country siting an embassy then there would be, in that country, a bit os a strop.

None of the UN's business to override US Domestic law. They did not object when the law was passed.

• rjsterry
    FishFish wrote:
    I think that if the UN objected to any country siting an embassy then there would be, in that country, a bit os a strop.

None of the UN's business to override US Domestic law. They did not object when the law was passed.

I understood it was the formal recognition of Jerusalem as the capital of Israel that was the contentious issue, rather than the siting of embassy itself.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    rjsterry wrote:

Radio 4 were saying that it had the potential to add a trillion dollars to the national debt. I understand that that is quite a it of money.

It's already bad:

http://www.usdebtclock.org/world-debt-clock.html
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Pinno wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

It's already bad:

Almost a third of what Japan is in the red for... bloody scary! Never mind, USA will save a fortune not having to bail out the UN from now on though!
  • pinno
    RallyBiker wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

It's already bad:

Almost a third of what Japan is in the red for... bloody scary! Never mind, USA will save a fortune not having to bail out the UN from now on though!

The tone of the UN statement/speech was bloody awful. His administration are like kids in a playground - "if you don't do what I want you to do...".
  • Pinno wrote:
    RallyBiker wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

It's already bad:

The tone of the UN statement/speech was bloody awful. His administration are like kids in a playground - "if you don't do what I want you to do...".

Tough, don't bite the hand that literately feeds you then!
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,974
    RallyBiker wrote:
    Please explain.
    As many points as you wish to be reversed.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • pinno
    RallyBiker wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    RallyBiker wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

It's already bad:

So this is fine:

The mission of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) is to work for the protection of all human rights for all people; to help empower people to realize their rights; and to assist those responsible for upholding such rights in ensuring that they are implemented.

So long as it sings to the tune of the US.
    Blackmail is very democratic.
  • Pinno wrote:
    RallyBiker wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    RallyBiker wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

It's already bad:

So this is fine:

The mission of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) is to work for the protection of all human rights for all people; to help empower people to realize their rights; and to assist those responsible for upholding such rights in ensuring that they are implemented.

It's the way of the world, that is unless I suppose all member states start paying in more ! He who pays the piper calls the tune in the real world. It's exactly the same scenario with NATO too. If the US said feck it we're not subsidising this anymore, NATO wouldn't even be able to buy ammo for the obsolete T72 variant tanks it's mostly equipped with.
  • Matthewfalle
    RallyBiker wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    RallyBiker wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    RallyBiker wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

It's already bad:

So this is fine:

It's the way of the world, that is unless I suppose all member states start paying in more ! He who pays the piper calls the tune in the real world. It's exactly the same scenario with NATO too. If the US said feck it we're not subsidising this anymore, NATO wouldn't even be able to buy ammo for the obsolete T72 variant tanks it's mostly equipped with.

NATO mostly has obsolete T72 variants? Cool. Must have missed those last time I was away. Probably disguised as other things to foil those pesky Russian spies.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • FishFish
    Pinno wrote:
    RallyBiker wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

Kids in a playground - if you want that then read this forum.

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,658
    Feel free to not visit, in which case.
  • RallyBiker wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    RallyBiker wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    RallyBiker wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

It's already bad:

So this is fine:

NATO mostly has obsolete T72 variants? Cool. Must have missed those last time I was away. Probably disguised as other things to foil those pesky Russian spies.
    You'd best do a little research then methinks!
  • pblakeney
    RallyBiker wrote:
    NATO use obsolete Russian tanks?
    Interesting.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • PBlakeney wrote:
    RallyBiker wrote:
    NATO use obsolete Russian tanks?
    Interesting.
    Indeed! Just take a peek under the tarpaulins of the tank lagers in Poland, Croatia,Czech,Bulgaria and Slovakia. They definitely are not top of the range Leopard 2 variants or Abrams, which is why the Donald has harangued NATO member states to step up to the plate and commit 2%+ as they should.
  • pblakeney
    RallyBiker wrote:
    Indeed! Just take a peek under the tarpaulins of the tank lagers in Poland, Croatia,Czech,Bulgaria and Slovakia. They definitely are not top of the range Leopard 2 variants or Abrams, which is why the Donald has harangued NATO member states to step up to the plate and commit 2%+ as they should.
    I would imagine that there would be a few good beers there.
    I'd think that my imagination would be as close as I'd get though.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_m ... by_country
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • I thought the whole point of Nato is to coordinate defence capabilities such that strengths of one nation's armed forces are developed and other areas covered better by other nations get less development. Could be completely wrong.

Whatever the situation is no nato nation is self sufficient apart from USA. That's kind of by design surely. Suits America I reckon.

The other point if American hard power is it's by policy. If other nation's spending has any effect on that I'd be very surprised. If all NATO countries suddenly had all the latest kit I bet America would want to spend more to be further clear of the rest.

Either way that doesn't stop trump threatening other nations so openly and petulantly being a stupid act of diplomacy. He's a joke! No other words for him.
  • FishFish
    Is it your name - 'Tangled Metal' or is it a warning about the construction of whatever your thesis is?