Donald Trump

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Republicans & Trump made up a child mollester in a pizza shop that almost caused a massacre but rallied behind an actual child mollester.

They’re gonna get smashed in the mid terms.

that must be the worst choice of terminolgy I have ever read.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,660
    Should read a bit more, in which case.
  • Matthewfalle
    Should read a bit more, in which case.

and that is the worstcase of grammar and punctuation I have read in a long time.

If your parents would have cared they would have sent you to a proper school for a half decent education Richard.

It looks like they didn't, so they didn't.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,660

and that is the worstcase of grammar and punctuation I have read in a long time.

• FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    Robert88 wrote:
    FishFish wrote:
    But on the other hand people in work, economic resurgence, 401k plans doing better than ever place has a sense of purpose in the world as befits one of the big powers. And he is aware of climate issues - he just does not give one about them. He is looking after his country well. I wish the british government would act similarly.

Thank you to all of the Great Professors for your profundity and astute observations I am in awe of all of you. All the best for 2016.

Mussolini was renowned for being able to make trains run on time. There's good in every one if you look hard enough.

he also drained the marshes around Rome. I have noticed that no one wants to do the same around Hull. CONSPIRACY!

I think that Trump is president of the USA and would have no business draining marshes in Hull or in Italy. Are you not aware of that?
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • Matthewfalle
    FishFish wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:
    FishFish wrote:
    But on the other hand people in work, economic resurgence, 401k plans doing better than ever place has a sense of purpose in the world as befits one of the big powers. And he is aware of climate issues - he just does not give one about them. He is looking after his country well. I wish the british government would act similarly.

Thank you to all of the Great Professors for your profundity and astute observations I am in awe of all of you. All the best for 2016.

Mussolini was renowned for being able to make trains run on time. There's good in every one if you look hard enough.

he also drained the marshes around Rome. I have noticed that no one wants to do the same around Hull. CONSPIRACY!

I think that Trump is president of the USA and would have no business draining marshes in Hull or in Italy. Are you not aware of that?

Prove it.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • FishFish wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:
    FishFish wrote:

Prove it.

Fake news - Trump has drained all swamps
  • philcubed
    philcubed Posts: 260
    FishFish wrote:

2016?
    Seems like a golden age now, no Trump, no Brexit vote yet.

Catch up, the rest of us are in 2018.

Or is my calendar part of the FAKE NEWS conspiracy?
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    In Donald's first tweet of the new year he openly accuses Pakistan of being duplicitous. .... taking billions if dollars in foreign aid, but harbouring and supporting terrorists.
    Is he wrong in his accusation?
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    Mr Goo wrote:
    In Donald's first tweet of the new year he openly accuses Pakistan of being duplicitous. .... taking billions if dollars in foreign aid, but harbouring and supporting terrorists.
    It is far more complex a situation than could be helped by a random populist tweet. Trump and Bannon are simply throwing tweet scraps to the alt right. These people will feed on this and they hope retweet it a million times, stirring the pot till it boils over whereas a true mindful president or political party would keep the lid on and work tirelessly to lower tensions and solve problems. What he's tweeting is no different at all to promising £350m on the side of a bus, the only people fooled are those that want to be.
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • FishFish wrote:

Hey, no problem.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    Mr Goo wrote:
    It is far more complex a situation than could be helped by a random populist tweet. Trump and Bannon are simply throwing tweet scraps to the alt right. These people will feed on this and they hope retweet it a million times, stirring the pot till it boils over whereas a true mindful president or political party would keep the lid on and work tirelessly to lower tensions and solve problems. What he's tweeting is no different at all to promising £350m on the side of a bus, the only people fooled are those that want to be.

Is that a 'No' then?
  • Mr Goo wrote:

I find it interesting that he openly accuses his own security services of working against him, but can't see that there might be more than one faction within the Pakistan government. It just might be a bit more complicated.
  • ballysmate
    That seems to be 2 in the NO column.
  • bianchimoon
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:

Is that a 'No' then?
    That depends who's reading it :wink:
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • Ballysmate wrote:

Where? I can see two in the "Don't know - maybe he should consider being a bit more careful".
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,097
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Sure, there is some truth in what he tweeted. Is that how low the bar is now? That it's noteworthy when he tweets something that isn't complete bollox?
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • ballysmate
    edited January 2018
    rjsterry wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Sure, there is some truth in what he tweeted. Is that how low the bar is now? That it's noteworthy when he tweets something that isn't complete bollox?

Obviously, I can't speak for Goo and his motives for his post, but I suspect he foresaw how difficult it would be for some on here to agree with anything Trump said, regardless of its veracity.
    Quite amusing to see how people avoid stating that they agree with the statement although I suspect they do agree with it.

How low does Trump have to set the bar before some on here will agree with him.
    'Xmas Day this year will be in December', perhaps.
  • Ballysmate wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

Obviously, I can't speak for Goo and his motives for his post, but I suspect he foresaw how difficult it would be for some on here to agree with anything Trump said, regardless of its veracity.
    Quite amusing to see how people avoid agreeing with the statement although I suspect they agree with it.

We're allowed to say Christmas again now, don't know if you've heard.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,097
    Ballysmate wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

Quite amusing to see how people avoid stating that they agree with the statement although I suspect they do agree with it.

Well we can build on that. :lol:
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Mr Goo wrote:

He is if he can't provide evidence to support it. And you know how well Don does evidence...
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Ballysmate wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

So do you think he was right to tweet that, or should he have handled it differently?
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    Historically it is known that Pakistan harboured Al Quaida and in particular Osama in Abbotabad. Equally the drone strikes in the NW twrritories and the migration of the Afghan terrorists and foreign trainees to Pakistan is documented. But on the other hand some of these ended up in Quantanimo Bay and some of them were not gulity of whatever they were put in there.

His posting is inflamatory but in nature no different from his take on N Korea. Personally I think he is right to do this. I would have difficulty condeming the views as much as I would have in condeming the underlying calls resulting in the 3 Girls documentary.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • bianchimoon
    Trump was not wrong in his accusations, but anyone with a TV, radio or the internet and is interested in foreign affairs knows how Pakistan behaves. What's wrong with the tweet is that he is feeding his little fishes on the right. He is the president of the USA, part of the job descriptions to resolve international affairs, instead he is depleting the US's diplomatic service, leaving thousands of important jobs unfilled. Tweeting the insanely obvious to get approval from his followers is a sign of the madness of the man and he deserves no credit for simply being able to use social media.
  • ballysmate
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

So do you think he was right to tweet that, or should he have handled it differently?

That wasn't Goo's question was it?

Was he right to tweet that? If Goo's post is an accurate summary of the tweet, then no doubt Pakistan won't like it. But using that as an excuse not to state what many believe to be an inconvenient truth would be wrong. He is saying nothing that other world leaders no doubt think but would couch in more diplomatic language and have probably done so, to no avail. So yes he was justified in what he said.
    How many times have people, not only on here, advocated that the UK take a more direct robust stance and express our disapproval or disgust against other regimes. Saudi and Israel spring to mind.
    Trump as done exactly that, so yes he was right.

People may be playing the man and not the ball on this occasion.
  • I think he was wrong in his tweet. He said "they have given us nothing but lies and deceit, thinking of our leaders as fools." It is as if he is the first person to realise that it is difficult, and these issues never occurred to his predecessors.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    FishFish wrote:
    Historically it is known that Pakistan harboured Al Quaida and in particular Osama in Abbotabad. Equally the drone strikes in the NW twrritories and the migration of the Afghan terrorists and foreign trainees to Pakistan is documented. But on the other hand some of these ended up in Quantanimo Bay and some of them were not gulity of whatever they were put in there.

His posting is inflamatory but in nature no different from his take on N Korea. Personally I think he is right to do this. I would have difficulty condeming the views as much as I would have in condeming the underlying calls resulting in the 3 Girls documentary.

Historically it's known that there's white supremacist groups camped out in Montana whose members or associates have shot, bombed and killed more people in the US than any Muslims and yet he's not tweeting about them.

How about him tweeting a withdrawal of any support for Saudi Arabia as the breeding ground for the terrorists that have killed more on US soil than any other nation's people? (Other than US of course!) Thought not.

Now run along back to your homework.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Ballysmate wrote:
    That wasn't Goo's question was it?
    No, I was asking you a slightly different question.
    I don't think diplomacy by Twitter is the right way to handle these things, he's playing to a crowd. There may be an element of truth in what he said, but I believe it was the wrong way to handle it. It's quite possible to say the right thing in the wrong way. I think Goo's question warranted more than a straight yes or no answer, some things are more complicated than that.
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    I think the "more robust" angle that some people wish to take in regards to difficult countries, revolves around sanctions and formal condemnations, rather than throwing **** via social media.
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • ballysmate
    Part of my post above.
    How many times have people, not only on here, advocated that the UK take a more direct robust stance and express our disapproval or disgust against other regimes. Saudi and Israel spring to mind.

And 2 posts later we get from another member.
    How about him tweeting a withdrawal of any support for Saudi Arabia as the breeding ground for the terrorists that have killed more on US soil than any other nation's people? (Other than US of course!) Thought not.

As I suggested, for some, it is not the style that they object to but the target of Trump's tweet whatever the justification.

Playing the man not the ball.