The PR ICYMI Thread

Comments

• Some handsome genius Interviewed Dimitri Claeys. Now available on Podium Cafe

http://www.podiumcafe.com/2016/3/9/11187202/interview-dimitri-claeys-wanty-group-goubert
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    Some handsome genius Interviewed Dimitri Claeys. Now available on Podium Cafe

http://www.podiumcafe.com/2016/3/9/11187202/interview-dimitri-claeys-wanty-group-goubert

I KNOW THAT GUY!!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver wrote:
    Some handsome genius Interviewed Dimitri Claeys. Now available on Podium Cafe

I KNOW THAT GUY!!

There were some slight... complications shall we say?
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,559
    Nice interview Goat. Is this the start of a series?
  • dish_dash wrote:

Er I hope so. But spelling the team's name wrong throughout, spelling a few other things wrong, correcting it and still having something wrong then misidentifying the gender of the press officer probably means Wanty won't be letting me within a mile of any of their riders ever again.

Rush jobs are never good and I feel terrible about it now.

@gietvangent
  • dish_dash
    :D

Woops! Though isn't Jose leaving her job as press officer there in a couple of months...
  • dish_dash wrote:
    :D

Woops! Though isn't Jose leaving her job as press officer there in a couple of months...

I have no insight on this.

That'll be 2 teams I'm blacklisted from then!

@gietvangent
  • Can I let you in on some trade secrets here? Of Course I can.

A certain website who's chief reporter is of Celtic extraction and doesn't go to a lot of races turned the piece down at concept stage citing their aversion for interviews with "no name Belgians". They did kindly offer to let me write the whole thing, sign it over to them and they'd maybe use it if he wins something big. For free of course.

The café Rosario is excellent and I'm not just saying that because I'm on free coffee for plugging them in the piece. No siree.

@gietvangent
  • dish_dash
    :lol: Why does that not surprise me?

Though according to HuffPo's UK editor unpaid writing is more "authentic"...
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,153
    dish_dash wrote:

Er I hope so. But spelling the team's name wrong throughout, spelling a few other things wrong, correcting it and still having something wrong then misidentifying the gender of the press officer probably means Wanty won't be letting me within a mile of any of their riders ever again.

On the upside you've shown all the qualities required to write for Cycling News
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    RichN95 wrote:
    dish_dash wrote:

On the upside you've shown all the qualities required to write for Cycling News

Managing to insult two parties with one jibe. I salute you, Sir.

edit: in case the tone didn't come across well in writing, this was supposed to be a light hearted comment.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,153
    That was solely insulting Cycling News.

If Mr Goat works out what Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V do they'll him their chief reporter.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • dish_dash wrote:
    :lol: Why does that not surprise me?

Though according to HuffPo's UK editor unpaid writing is more "authentic"...

I have had to point out to numerous parties now that the leccy company don't accept me telling my friends about them as payment and that's one of the reasons I want money.

PC were at least honest that they don't have any but I can pretty much write what I want.

@gietvangent
  • ddraver
    Can I let you in on some trade secrets here? Of Course I can.

A certain website who's chief reporter is of Celtic extraction and doesn't go to a lot of races turned the piece down at concept stage citing their aversion for interviews with "no name Belgians". They did kindly offer to let me write the whole thing, sign it over to them and they'd maybe use it if he wins something big. For free of course.

The café Rosario is excellent and I'm not just saying that because I'm on free coffee for plugging them in the piece. No siree.

becasue "velohints" is drowning in content at the moment right? :roll:

I don't think ive seen anything original on that site for years (Ella does nt count as it's clearly one man's passion project and cheesy films with Taylor Phinney also arent their content - they just appear to have a lot of spare bandwith... 0:-) )
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver
    Perhaps inspied by our intrepid reporter, Podium Cafe are currently doing a series of articles on Tommeke. I'm sure it has a better name but it could basically be called "How great is Tom Boonen"

(I think they re going to do more on Fabian later)
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver wrote:
    Perhaps inspied by our intrepid reporter, Podium Cafe are currently doing a series of articles on Tommeke. I'm sure it has a better name but it could basically be called "How great is Tom Boonen"

(I think they re going to do more on Fabian later)

It is indeed Boonen week!

I had an article planned for the end of the week for it but it's sort of morphed into something else that I'm very excited for...

Downside: I have no idea what to turn in for Boonen week

@gietvangent
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,680
    Profile of a Boonen fanboi.

He cures his constant longing with an addiction to an online bike forum
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,340
    Warrning: Off topic.

Anyone know Wiggo's average RPM for his 2014 worlds TT win? Where can you find those stats?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Pinno wrote:
    Warrning: Off topic.

Anyone know Wiggo's average RPM for his 2014 worlds TT win? Where can you find those stats?

Training Peaks if you can guess Kerrisons password.

@gietvangent
  • Here's a devastatingly original piece I did for Podium Cafe
    http://www.podiumcafe.com/2016/3/16/11248710/the-new-boonen-following-in-toms-footsteps

@gietvangent
  • dish_dash
    Nice one DG!
  • pinno
    edited March 2016
    Good article.

[Pedant mode on] Needs a wee edit: "...three people in the world who wear still wear a Livestrong bracelet. ...[pedant mode off]
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,326
    Pinno wrote:
    Good article.

[Pedant mode on} Needs a wee edit: "...three people in the world who wear still wear a Livestrong bracelet. ..."{pedant mode off]

Those mixed parentheses make me want to self-harm.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • pinno
    Pinno wrote:
    Good article.

[Pedant mode on} Needs a wee edit: "...three people in the world who wear still wear a Livestrong bracelet. ..."{pedant mode off]

Those mixed parentheses make me want to self-harm.

I have obviously had a longer day than the author :wink:
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,111
    Thanks for sharing, DG, was an interesting read.
  • ddraver
    This was a good Q+ A with Gee about his book - http://thebikeshow.net/aint-nuthin-but- ... f-cycling/

If you ve read the book there's probably not much for you but if not it's quite good. Gives a few more anecdotes that i ve heard in other interviews
    - @ddraver
  • pinno
    Link no worky DD :cry:
  • ddraver
    I got that trying to find the link, not sure it's a grea website, just google it or put it in Itunes or whatever...
    - @ddraver
  • pinno
    ddraver wrote:
    I got that trying to find the link, not sure it's a grea website, just google it or put it in Itunes or whatever...

That link is a Red Herring.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,938
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!