2016 Gear

1202122232426»

Comments

• New Bonts as well, not really a fan of gold, but these look ok

CrRFYJeXYAA6MC_.jpg:medium
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Why do they say Frodo on them? Are they designed for people with hairy feet?

Almost bought some Vaypors just now as they were reduced to £40 which is utterly mental...

Anyway if you're a EU 40 shoe and want some £40 Vaypors go to The Bicycle Lounge in Ormskirk. Unfortunately I'm a 41-42 and they hurt me.
  • Can't get a photo but Ralpha have announced a helmet at Eurobike, looks like a direct copy of the Giro aero one.
  • Can't get a photo but Ralpha have announced a helmet at Eurobike, looks like a direct copy of the Giro aero one.

It's a Giro Synth MUPS with slightly tweaked vents and it's a bit cheaper than Giro's own - a bit like the pricing of the Giro SLX shoes vs Rapha's Climber Shoes. But this washes over the head of the steadfast Rapha hater.
  • bobmcstuff wrote:
    Why do they say Frodo on them? Are they designed for people with hairy feet?

Almost bought some Vaypors just now as they were reduced to £40 which is utterly mental...

Anyway if you're a EU 40 shoe and want some £40 Vaypors go to The Bicycle Lounge in Ormskirk. Unfortunately I'm a 41-42 and they hurt me.

Are they Jan Frodeno's? Milking the gold medal a bit isn't it?
  • New Bonts as well, not really a fan of gold, but these look ok

CrRFYJeXYAA6MC_.jpg:medium

Isn't that the Vaypor S? They have been about for a while. The new ones are the Vaypor + 2016.

Vaypor%252B%2B2016%2BHRP.jpg
  • Isn't that the Vaypor S? They have been about for a while. The new ones are the Vaypor + 2016.

What is it with Bont? Their shoes are some of the best I've ridden (though their QC could do with a kick up the arse from a finish perspective), but they seem to do an absolutely dreadful job of getting the stock into their dealers.

Those 'new' Vaypor+ 2016 images have been doing the rounds for months (including on their own - and their ambassadors/brand advocates - Instagram feeds), but I haven't seen them appear online at any of the usual suspects. Current website is pretty crap too.

The whole thing just seems pretty strange to me - strategically negligent, almost...
  • jscl
    jscl Posts: 1,015
    Isn't that the Vaypor S? They have been about for a while. The new ones are the Vaypor + 2016.

What is it with Bont? Their shoes are some of the best I've ridden (though their QC could do with a kick up the ars* from a finish perspective), but they seem to do an absolutely dreadful job of getting the stock into their dealers.

Those 'new' Vaypor+ 2016 images have been doing the rounds for months (including on their own - and their ambassadors/brand advocates - Instagram feeds), but I haven't seen them appear online at any of the usual suspects. Current website is pretty crap too.

The whole thing just seems pretty strange to me - strategically negligent, almost...

You can't blame Bont for that. The issue there is Saddleback, who aren't the most switched on of distribs.
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.
  • jscl
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    JSCL wrote:
    dish_dash wrote:
    ^ that's basically a knock off of a Canyon Aeroad, non?

Nah. It looks considerably bulkier in the seat tube that the Canyon.

I don't buy in to the whole 'Italianess' of buying a Colnago. But this new one, mhmm..

It looks dangerously expensive to me.

Aero road bikes always have a premium, Colnagos always have a premium, and that one has Super Record and Bora Ultras. £10k? More? Wouldn't be surprised if it was £4k+ for the frame (based on what the Bianchi Oltre XR2 frame was going for...)

Part of me couldn't care how expensive it is... I kinda want one...
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.
  • Isn't that the Vaypor S? They have been about for a while. The new ones are the Vaypor + 2016.

Yes, these are the Vapour S now available in custom colours for 2017 I believe
  • But this washes over the head of the steadfast Rapha hater.

I only commented on the way it looked. I have a load of Rapha stuff, so hardly a hater.
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,234
    JSCL wrote:

What is it with Bont? Their shoes are some of the best I've ridden (though their QC could do with a kick up the ars* from a finish perspective), but they seem to do an absolutely dreadful job of getting the stock into their dealers.

You can't blame Bont for that. The issue there is Saddleback, who aren't the most switched on of distribs.

I went over to the Bont Vaypor S this year from Northwave (which I loved, but I needed new shoes and I've been intrigued with the Bonts for a while) with the Speedplay inserts; I tried my best to track down a Speedplay soled pair (they do exist, apparently) - but getting a pair in the UK ain't going to happen unless you're Wiggins. It seems mad: I'm basically saying "I have £250 for you: can you make it happen?".
    That aside, I had to ride in my old Northwaves (Extreme, with the Velcro straps) for a weekend and it was as though I was in my slippers in comparison to the Bonts in terms of stiffness. They are quite unique shoes. I love 'em.
  • Rapha MIPS SYnthe

CrTG9UVXYAUCQAS.jpg
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,343
    Anyone know if and where the Australian track cycling jersey is available? Love the teal colour! Already checked Adidas.
    584903736.jpg
    http%3A%2F%2Faoc-cdn.s3.amazonaws.com%2Frio2016%2Flive%2Fimages%2FdmImage%2FSourceImage%2F588559388.jpg
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • do like a nice Bolle
    14264995_10153669363730146_5860195285384203208_n.jpg?oh=c06766235749d46a6165719033c8d5b0&oe=5879DD35
  • M.R.M. wrote:
    Anyone know if and where the Australian track cycling jersey is available? Love the teal colour!

Same, but the Danish one! Anyone know where one can be had? Really loved that top.

Jakob-Fuglsand-Denmark-Olympic-road-race-kit-630x420.jpg
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Sadly it's now sold out as it was pre order only before 1/9/16. Website was

http://www.denm.dk/products/

I ordered it but god knows if it worked....
  • bobmcstuff
    http://road.cc/content/tech-news/204767 ... d%E2%80%9D

Diamondback (better known for their bargain basement MTBs) reckon this is the MOST AERO tt bike in the world.

I won't post a picture because some viewers may find it traumatic. If you are of a sensitive disposition please don't look.
  • Maybe the future for adventure road bikes. Sod the bikepacking bags, just get a top box Sorry I mean an integrated aero luggage hole.

I bet the Diamondback handles like a kite in side winds though!
  • They are owned by Raleigh and are pushed in the US as a stand alone brand of pretty high quality bikes.

Watch a US tour and there are plenty pro riders on Diamondback. That TT bike looks OK I reckon. No worse than some.
    Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently
  • jscl
    I did say this, but you all shot me down...
    Banking giants HSBC are set to replace Sky as the sponsors of British Cycling with the official announcement expected this weekend when the bank stage their first bike festival in Birmingham.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/articl ... mpics.html
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    I always thought it was a bit weird that they sponsored 3 cycling teams anyway.

HSBC will make a minging looking jersey no?
  • bobmcstuff
    Paul 8v wrote:

They probably will, but with their colours they could make a really nice looking one. Like the Danish Olympic one everyone likes.
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    Paul 8v wrote:

They could do something like the current Katusha top which is pretty decent IMHO
  • main_OO9383-02_evzero_polished-white-sapphire-iridium-pitch_001_Print.jpg?w=2000&h=2000&a=7

EVZero Pitch.
  • jersey_7_1600x.JPG?v=1474308240

jersey_9_1600x.JPG?v=1474308282

New Albion Cycling jersey
  • Salsiccia1 wrote:
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    Really like that Danish kit.

But NOTHING beats the Belgian national team jersey ever. Nothing.

Got a pic ?

belgium-rio-olympics_3758577.jpg?20160805173510

Same as always, and always superb.

Not sure about this one...

pkia9vw6scc8swoog4o0ok0-1996264-20522.jpg
  • bobmcstuff
    With compliments to Andyrr, Iljo eating a leek. Boonen and Terpstra veg box not pictured. Because it was Boonen & Kittel!

ETIXX_QUICKSTEP_01_NL.png

ETIXX_QUICKSTEP_02_NL.jpg

Don't suppose anyone has copies of these? Appear to have gone off the interwebs...
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,158
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    With compliments to Andyrr, Iljo eating a leek. Boonen and Terpstra veg box not pictured. Because it was Boonen & Kittel!

Don't suppose anyone has copies of these? Appear to have gone off the interwebs...
    I can't see the images, but I'm guessing this was one

Lidl-copatrocinador-proveedor-Etixx-Quickstep_TINIMA20160108_0191_5.jpg
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • bobmcstuff
    RichN95 wrote:
    bobmcstuff wrote:

I can't see the images, but I'm guessing this was one

Lidl-copatrocinador-proveedor-Etixx-Quickstep_TINIMA20160108_0191_5.jpg

I thought there was one where he had leeks in a jersey pocket and was nibbling on one.

But that ones still quite good.