2016 Gear

Comments

• ^yes, with Delia Smith taking over from Brailsford :-)
  • jscl
    jscl Posts: 1,015
    dish_dash wrote:
    dish_dash wrote:
    JSCL wrote:
    New kit supplier for Team Sky, anyone?

DHB and Wiggle are in the running, so I hear

And BC should be announcing their new sponsor replacing Sky next year, after Rio
    Last I heard Coca Cola was front runner to replace Sky @ BC. But I'm a bit out of touch on that front.

No, not a corporate

So what... A bank? Or a SWF?

Financial institution. Or so I've been told

Links with Norwich?
    If it's who I'm thinking based on that, it would make sense given their other cycling sponsorships are coming to an end..

As an alternative outsider - I know the challenger bank MetroBank are very keen to get in to cycling sponsorship as they expand in the UK, but I'm not sure it'll be them.
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    Cn-yaXpWAAAHxk9.jpg

Brownlee Signature AIR
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    I like how they've put it in a coquettish pose.
  • Coach H
    Coach H Posts: 1,092
    dish_dash wrote:
    JSCL wrote:

And BC should be announcing their new sponsor replacing Sky next year, after Rio
    Last I heard Coca Cola was front runner to replace Sky @ BC. But I'm a bit out of touch on that front.

No, not a corporate

Tinkoff? :wink:
    Coach H. (Dont ask me for training advice - 'It's not about the bike')
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,712
    Would be great to see "Norwich & Peterborough" on the BC jersey... but I think you are meaning Aviva.
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Re the Boardman bike - What is the small plate at the top of the front fork for? Any thoughts folks?
  • jscl
    RonB wrote:
    Re the Boardman bike - What is the small plate at the top of the front fork for? Any thoughts folks?
    Looks like an access point for the integrated/aero brake for cabling and adjustment.
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.
  • bobmcstuff
    JSCL wrote:
    RonB wrote:
    Looks like an access point for the integrated/aero brake for cabling and adjustment.

Either that or it doesn't have a front brake... ;)
  • bobmcstuff
    Would be great to see "Norwich & Peterborough" on the BC jersey... but I think you are meaning Aviva.
    Makes sense really, given they already sponsor the Tour of Britain.
  • FocusZing
    edited July 2016
    CoTYpZ-XgAAAxKx.jpg

CoTYpYIXEAEHhSp.jpg

Fork swapped out on this one brakes normal.
  • FocusZing
    Double.
  • Mccrear
    Mccrear Posts: 256
    i think it is unlikely to be the people you are thinking of as they unceremoniously dropped ToB this year, have massively reduced our presence in Manchester/Stretford over last few years but have renewed the rugby and NCFC sponsorship. As an employee though i would love it should it to happen.
  • mamil314
    mamil314 Posts: 1,103
    dish_dash wrote:
    JSCL wrote:

No, not a corporate

HMRC?
  • markwb79
    markwb79 Posts: 937

Castelli and Under Armour I heard.
    Scott Addict 2011
    Giant TCR 2012
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    FocusZing wrote:
    CoSGUo5UIAEa0P1.jpg

"The 100% carbon shoe to be used by Team GB riders, were first spotted when Sir Bradley Wiggins turned up with those shoes in a local time trial race. Manufactured by a small American company, Simmons Racing, the shoe was definitely designed without ventilation or comfort in mind. Designed to be aerodynamically-efficient and light, each shoe is custom-fitted through heat-moulding."

"Simmons Racing announced that the model will be available at a cost of $2,000 and can be customized for each athlete, just like the British team. A semi-custom model will be offered for $ 950. Nice!"

http://www.asiatri.com/2016/07/lightest ... -olympics/

I'll have 2 pairs then
  • jscl
    Mccrear wrote:
    i think it is unlikely to be the people you are thinking of as they unceremoniously dropped ToB this year, have massively reduced our presence in Manchester/Stretford over last few years but have renewed the rugby and NCFC sponsorship. As an employee though i would love it should it to happen.
    I have it on good grounds today that it isn't Aviva and in fact the bank from Hong Kong.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729

Poundland?
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    FSA electronic groupset
    prototype-FSA-electronic-shifting-drivetrain-group-for-road-bikes05.jpg
    prototype-FSA-electronic-shifting-drivetrain-group-for-road-bikes08-600x450.jpg
  • effillo
    effillo Posts: 257
    JSCL wrote:
    Mccrear wrote:
    I have it on good grounds today that it isn't Aviva and in fact the bank from Hong Kong.

Really?! Suprised by that.

Seems a very odd thing for them to sponsor, can't see how it could tie to them and the way they currently advertise and market themselves. Although they do sponsor the odd rugby and golf events I guess.

Will be odd to see the Sky link come to an end, must say though Sky have definitely got their money's worth out of it with the success and exposure the GB team has had over their tenure.
  • FocusZing
    I have a nagging feeling it won't be a certain financial institution.
  • FocusZing
    inseine wrote:
    FSA electronic groupset
    prototype-FSA-electronic-shifting-drivetrain-group-for-road-bikes05.jpg
    prototype-FSA-electronic-shifting-drivetrain-group-for-road-bikes08-600x450.jpg

It's good to see more manufacturers making groupsets. It should help drive down the level/cost of electronic gears.

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/arti ... ook-43625/
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Is that 10 speed? I'm having trouble counting today...
  • imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716
    Paul 8v wrote:

As far as I can tell it's 10 speed

28501468912_cbd19fbb4e.jpg

Poor not having the grommet in correctly for a photoshoot
  • jscl
    imatfaal wrote:
    Paul 8v wrote:

You definitely missed a sprocket out there tucked behind the cable in the photo. 100% 11spd.
  • imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716
    JSCL wrote:
    imatfaal wrote:
    Paul 8v wrote:

You definitely missed a sprocket out there tucked behind the cable in the photo. 100% 11spd.

I think it is more behind the chain than the cable - but, bearing in mind what you said, I have had a look at different clearer photos and they have 11 speed for sure

P1180533.jpg
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,401
    It would be the acme of foolishness to release a groupset with one gear less than all the others no?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • jscl
    ddraver wrote:
    It would be the acme of foolishness to release a groupset with one gear less than all the others no?
    It would, but this is FSA they're talking about... ;)
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Fairdoos, FSA could really do with losing the "Full Speed Ahead" thing from their branding, it's embarrassingly crap sounding. I couldn't bring myself to put anything on my bike that has "Full Speed Ahead" on it.

The rear mech looks cheap and nasty too? Or is it just me that thinks that?
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Still looks like a prototype so I imagine they'll jazz it up a bit. Hopefully not too much through as they are a bit OTT on a lot of their products I think.

Glad it's not just me that thought it was a 10 speed. Not that you actually need anymore but yes it would be unwise to release a 10. 12 speed can do one...