Tour de France 2015 Stage 2 Utrecht - Zeeland *SPOILERS*

Comments

• fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,857
    Cav just didn't have enough and with greipel stuck to cars wheel and Cav going so early was always going be out sprinted, on cavs Twitter he's posted a pic of the finishing Line saying he couldn't of done anymore as people saying he sat up so lost tony Martin the yellow jersey with being 4th he's right in what he says and can tell he wasn't in the best of moods but should renshaw left too early

Sagan NEVER had a team mate nor did Cancellara, yet they managed to beat him. same old "its my ball cavendish and am not playing" selfish. its always somebody else's fault. after all the work martin has done through the years this weasel cant repay him.

Good grief, you think Etixx were riding today to get Martin into yellow?
  • Cav just didn't have enough and with greipel stuck to cars wheel and Cav going so early was always going be out sprinted, on cavs Twitter he's posted a pic of the finishing Line saying he couldn't of done anymore as people saying he sat up so lost tony Martin the yellow jersey with being 4th he's right in what he says and can tell he wasn't in the best of moods but should renshaw left too early

Sagan NEVER had a team mate nor did Cancellara, yet they managed to beat him. same old "its my ball cavendish and am not playing" selfish. its always somebody else's fault. after all the work martin has done through the years this weasel cant repay him.

Likewise Renshaw. You can give MC this though, he is consistent: when it's all going well he comes out with all this false modesty and humility, 'oh it's all down to the guys in the team, without my lead-out men I'm nothing, bla bla'; and when he loses, he blames them too.
    MC is many things, but a gentleman and a sportsman he is not.
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    Cav just didn't have enough and with greipel stuck to cars wheel and Cav going so early was always going be out sprinted, on cavs Twitter he's posted a pic of the finishing Line saying he couldn't of done anymore as people saying he sat up so lost tony Martin the yellow jersey with being 4th he's right in what he says and can tell he wasn't in the best of moods but should renshaw left too early

The outraged reactions are getting pretty ridiculous... it seems to be people who don't like Cavendish gleefully grabbing the excuse to start laying into him.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Lol at the Cav hate - same old, same old

No idea what EQS were playing at especially as Geraint Thomas did them a massive favour from 1.2 - 0.8ish kms (though i suspect that was trying to drop Bertie). I don't know if it was over excitement or pressure or just a brain melt but that should ve been a formality from 1.5km to go.

Oh well, hopefully Cav is good and angry now and will clean up later.
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    Ettix have had some shocking errors this season. Very talented team who have cleaned up in the past. What's happened to them?

Still there or there abouts. Always on the podium when they should be.

Sport is more luck than most people care to think ;).

Have you read Ed Smith's book about luck? Been on my wish list for ages.
  • Lol at the Cav hate - same old, same old

Oh well, hopefully Cav is good and angry now and will clean up later.

Mmm yeah, can't wait to see him do another Veelers, what a hero.
    "LOLz"
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890

The outraged reactions are getting pretty ridiculous... it seems to be people who don't like Cavendish gleefully grabbing the excuse to start laying into him.

Even his fellow professionals dont much like him. I suggest you watch "clean spirit" and you will find what they think of him.
  • ddraver
    Boring now gazetta...
    - @ddraver
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002

Even his fellow professionals dont much like him. I suggest you watch "clean spirit" and you will find what they think of him.
    Would that be the documentary recorded during the Tour where the Veelers incident happened? And you say the riders on his team had negative opinions about Cavendish afterwards? How very unusual :roll: I don't believe he deliberately hit Veelers any more than I believe he deliberately decided "F*ck Tony Martin" today.
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    adr82 wrote:
    Gazzetta67[/url]"]
    adr82[/url]"]
    FleshTuxedo[/url]"]
    Gazzetta67[/url]"]
    Dav1d1[/url]"]Cav just didn't have enough and with greipel stuck to cars wheel and Cav going so early was always going be out sprinted, on cavs Twitter he's posted a pic of the finishing Line saying he couldn't of done anymore as people saying he sat up so lost tony Martin the yellow jersey with being 4th he's right in what he says and can tell he wasn't in the best of moods but should renshaw left too early

Would that be the documentary recorded during the Tour where the Veelers incident happened? And you say the riders on his team had negative opinions about Cavendish afterwards? How very unusual :roll: I don't believe he deliberately hit Veelers any more than I believe he deliberately decided "F*ck Tony Martin" today.

And in which Kittel eventually said he didn't think Cav did anything wrong.
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    adr82 wrote:
    Gazzetta67[/url]"]
    adr82[/url]"]
    FleshTuxedo[/url]"]
    Gazzetta67[/url]"]
    Dav1d1[/url]"]Cav just didn't have enough and with greipel stuck to cars wheel and Cav going so early was always going be out sprinted, on cavs Twitter he's posted a pic of the finishing Line saying he couldn't of done anymore as people saying he sat up so lost tony Martin the yellow jersey with being 4th he's right in what he says and can tell he wasn't in the best of moods but should renshaw left too early

So that makes it ok then ? after basically the whole table sat down to dinner said otherwise.Yes he may win a stage or 2 but as a human being he's an ignorant excuse of a man.
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    adr82 wrote:
    Gazzetta67[/url]"]
    adr82[/url]"]
    FleshTuxedo[/url]"]
    Gazzetta67[/url]"]

So that makes it ok then ? after basically the whole table sat down to dinner said otherwise.Yes he may win a stage or 2 but as a human being he's an ignorant excuse of a man.

STS1517CAVFAMILY_1075598k.jpg
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    I know it's disgraceful, people that are paid for a particular job and fail to live up to a standard invented by a bloke on a forum that doesn't like them. I watched an interview in which Cav said he did all he could, and if you looked at the others they rode it perfectly, what else could he really say. 25 is a tad more than a stage or two, what has he done to become an ignorant excuse of a man?
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,235
    Brilliant stage but disappointed with the outcome. I don't like Cancellara one bit. I'm a big fan of Tony Martin.

I have grown to really like Greipel and he rode by far the smarter race so he probably deserved the win but I'd have liked to have seen Cav win it. But given the leadout by Renshaw he was never in with a chance. What Renshaw was thinking I have no idea but getting dropped off into a head wind with 350 km to go sabotaged any chance of Cav winning. The fact that he came as close as he did to holding on suggests that there is nothing wrong with his form.

[quote="FleshTuxedo

Good grief, you think Etixx were riding today to get Martin into yellow?[/quote]
    Pretty sure that was one of three objectives.

Couldn't understand why they were riding so hard. If all they were after was a stage win and / or yellow, a ten second gap to group two would have been more than enough. Only reason to try and get the gap as big as possible as far as I can see was if they were really trying to support Uran's GC hopes.

Even so, I'm surprised that they didn't back off a bit and force BMC, Saxo and Sky to make more of a contribution. Although all three teams contributed to a greater or lesser extent, none of them threw the kitchen sink at it. If they had done, we could have been looking at a far bigger gap. An opportunity missed that they may come to regret.

Disappointed (but not surprised) that Peraud, Bardet and Pinot all failed to make the front group. Very pleased that Barguil did. Not as big a surprise as some might think. He hails from Brittany which has been known to have a breeze or two. Really looking forward to seeing him on his local roads and especially how he gets on on the Mur De Bretagne.
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    The amount of bile people can raise about somebody they've never met never ceases to amaze me.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    CyclingQuotes on Quintana and Valverde;

A pile-up by some riders from LottoNL-Jumbo as the peloton rode strung out with 50km remaining took the Colombian out of position and forced the whole Unzué-led squad, with Malori, Dowsett, Gorka Izagirre, Erviti, Castroviejo and Anacona - who crashed twice and suffered bruises to his elbow, leg and nose plus a slight ankle sprain, all of which won't prvent him to continue racing - to insist and keep the gap around one minute, until Anacona's second crash opened a further gap impossible to get back for the Blues.

"All those crashes under the rain were a bit unlucky for us," said Quintana to journalists next to the Movistar Team bus after the stage. "We lost a bit of time, but we hope to get it back, day by day. We managed to keep the squad together, also joined our forces with Astana and kept the gap smaller than it could have been."

In turn, Valverde recognized it hadn't been "a good day. It was really complicated due to foul weather, stressful. The important thing is that we didn't crash and everything has just started." The Spaniard explained that “Nairo was at the front with Dowsett, but the group started to split in the crosswinds, it also started to rain, another crash happened, we turned left towards a wind-exposed zone and echelons kept forming and forming until we were all of us trailing behind. From that point on, there was nothing to do but chasing."
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    23.jpg

FIN_STD_IMG.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,537
    The amount of bile people can raise about somebody they've never met never ceases to amaze me.

Oh I dunno, I've never met Gazzetta67 before, but I've got a bit of bile building up toward him....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • disgruntledgoat
    Somebody should start "Bikeradar July Bingo" You get your card and the first one to fill it with Tour time posting staples like "Irrational loathing of Mark Cavendish", "Sky definitely doping", "power meters should be banned", "Occasional poster gets banned", "Biking Bernie makes a comeback", "Biking Bernie calls Cavendish a racist", "Biking Bernie says '600ml of packed cells'" or "Iain says it's rubbish" gets to sound a klaxon and win a prize.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • ddraver
    I very nearly did DG but I thought I'd give every one a bit more credit - ah well...

btw - Nibbles is a great descender, Froome can't descend/doesnt like bad weather also need adding to your list ;)
    - @ddraver
  • disgruntledgoat
    Inevitable "should they have waited" conspiracy that lasts until September

Race leader compared to Armstrong in his pomp

Tenuous doping link established to stage winner/race leader whoever he may be

@gietvangent
  • ddraver
    The wonderfully stupid - Sky invented the mountain train, cycling was never ever like this before - followed by the hashtag #UKPostal
    - @ddraver
  • disgruntledgoat
    Actually sometimes I miss Bernie and his bonkers take on the socio economics of cycling taking in US imperialism, the state of Israel and how appalling everything British is.

I'm just going to go and look in the mirror and say "biking Bernie" 3 times.

@gietvangent
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,810
    #BringBackAurelio
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    I'm always up for a round of Tao of Brailsford.
    Behavioural change only comes when either the suffering or reward is great enough.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • disgruntledgoat
    #BringBackAurelio

I'd completely forgotten his original name! The shame...

@gietvangent
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    I think I preferred it yesterday when the forum wouldn't load.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    I think I preferred it yesterday when the forum wouldn't load.

Huy.jpg
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Kramon_TdF2015_st2_UtrechtNeeltjeJans_NPS0167-Version-2.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,791
    Somebody should start "Bikeradar July Bingo" You get your card and the first one to fill it with Tour time posting staples like "Irrational loathing of Mark Cavendish", "Sky definitely doping", "power meters should be banned", "Occasional poster gets banned", "Biking Bernie makes a comeback", "Biking Bernie calls Cavendish a racist", "Biking Bernie says '600ml of packed cells'" or "Iain says it's rubbish" gets to sound a klaxon and win a prize.

power meters should be banned of course
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm