Tour de France 2015 Stage 2 Utrecht - Zeeland *SPOILERS*

Comments

• JackPozzi
    JackPozzi Posts: 1,191
    What's that nose ring that Froome was just wearing in the ITV4 interview a second ago?! :shock:

http://www.theturbine.com/

In the nature of the thread. BAD SCIENCE KLAXON!!!!
  • JackPozzi
    JackPozzi Posts: 1,191
    What's that nose ring that Froome was just wearing in the ITV4 interview a second ago?! :shock:

http://www.theturbine.com/

In the nature of the thread. BAD SCIENCE KLAXON!!!!
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Well i ve never been one to really believe in the whole sportsmen as role models etc but Belgian TV now has an advert with their big name cyclists telling people not to jump the lights at rail crossings after the P-R incident

Apparently the numbers of people doing it (and I assume not making it) have been on the rise
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    It's lucky the riders didn't crash as much as this forum.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,707
    The only thing worse than the Etix leadout and Cav sprint was access to this forum during the race.
    Max overload can't be in double figures.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    Only Geraint Thomas crashes more than this forum :lol::lol::lol:
    www.dotcycling.com
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    CJKbF9zWUAA9hF2.jpg
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    edited July 2015
    CJKdHR-WoAAWvtK.jpg:large

Look at this photo. If I could hang on for 3rd, I could hang on for the win... Some imbeciles think cycling is a
    ...computer game. Problem is, social media & TV are platforms for them to be heard. Gutted for @tonymartin85. Congratulations @andregreipel.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Well i ve never been one to really believe in the whole sportsmen as role models etc but Belgian TV now has an advert with their big name cyclists telling people not to jump the lights at rail crossings after the P-R incident

Apparently the numbers of people doing it (and I assume not making it) have been on the rise

NMBS have a campaign at the moment. Pro cyclists probably make for better instructors than the model people getting hit by model trains on the station posters.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    It's his wedding ring. Michelle can attach a lead to it if she likes, just like a pig.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Adam Hansen, after a nasty looking crash, was in the last group of today's stage, with TV, Brice Feillu, Stijn Devolder, Nic Edet and Laurent Didier and Markel Irizar, over 11 mins down :shock:

They have a CG time so I hope that means they will be able to start tomorrow.
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    I will be mostly on the sun lounger today but will keep an eye on this thread to see if there is any weather related drama. Other than that it will be a dash back to the room for the last 10km.
    Might be the time to get off the sun lounger :D

Well I misjudged that about as badly as Nibali and Quintana. Got back to the room in time for Andre's interview.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,707
    What I suppose today did was replace the missing, long ITT in terms of time lost and gained.
    Should add a bit of fuel to the fire for the next two stages.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    That was fun. Composition of those groups are always amusing; Froome, Contador, Barguil making it, but Kristoff and Degenkolb not.

Yates boys have had a tough week in the crosswinds. I guess it gives them a bit more latitude to attack now though.
  • imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716
    edited July 2015
    duplicate
  • imatfaal
    edited July 2015
    triplicate
  • imatfaal
    edited July 2015
    quadruplicate ffs
  • imatfaal
    Adam Hansen, after a nasty looking crash, was in the last group of today's stage, with TV, Brice Feillu, Stijn Devolder, Nic Edet and Laurent Didier and Markel Irizar, over 11 mins down :shock:

They have a CG time so I hope that means they will be able to start tomorrow.

I make it 11 mins down in 209 mins winning time - ie 5.2%
    With an average speed of 47kph
    If I have found the correct rules a flat stage like this is Coefficient 1 (étapes sans difficulté particulière) so the following should apply
    "9 % au-delà de 46 km/h jusqu’à 48 km/h"
    ie a 9% cut-off so they should be OK.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Big shame for the Yates boys to miss group 1, 2 and 3.

Rolland is now nearly 7 mins down.

Majka and Navarro 6.5 mins down.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    This site is fast becoming unusable. Reading back through this thread it was like an echo chamber. Whenever I logon using my iPad I end up clicking on an unwanted ad as the screen jumps due to a bandwidth stealing, crash inducing video ad for chocolate finally loads and as I scroll down I inadvertently touch ads that are embedded within the thread. Obviously we should 'adverts pay for the site so please have the class not moan about them' is the mantra of the site owners but there won't be a site at this rate :evil:

Excellent stage despite the unpromising profile. You can't beat a good coastal stage with a bit of a breeze for throwing the cat amongst the pigeons. It's a good test of the contenders all round race craft. I didn't see the split, I had assumed it was just someone putting them in the gutter and forcing the echelons but notice Frenchie mentioned a crash?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    This site is fast becoming unusable. Reading back through this thread it was like an echo chamber. Whenever I logon using my iPad I end up clicking on an unwanted ad as the screen jumps due to a bandwidth stealing, crash inducing video ad for chocolate finally loads and as I scroll down I inadvertently touch ads that are embedded within the thread. Obviously we should 'adverts pay for the site so please have the class not moan about them' is the mantra of the site owners but there won't be a site at this rate :evil:

Excellent stage despite the unpromising profile. You can't beat a good coastal stage with a bit of a breeze for throwing the cat amongst the pigeons. It's a good test of the contenders all round race craft. I didn't see the split, I had assumed it was just someone putting them in the gutter and forcing the echelons but notice Frenchie mentioned a crash?
  • frenchfighter
    Kelderman crashed which caused a split as did the crash by Adam Hansen.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    There were a massive two Ned and Bel riders combined in the first group of 24.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Last post today and this forum is a pos today.

i-twZcK6T-L.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Brian Holm not a happy camper.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    8/10 for stage

0.2/10 for forum. FFS, fix it Future.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Coach H
    Coach H Posts: 1,092
    Great stage

My favourite bit wasn't EQS forcing the break, it was them (Trentin & Golas) disrupting the chase by getting in the line at the front and repeatedly sitting up. That is until Golas got a proper telling off from an Astana goon. In my head it went something like this [strong Eastern European accent] " look dip$hit you and that Italian poser in the girly coloured shoes have had your fun and done your job but I've had Vino on the radio and he said to tell you that if you disrupt this chase again the next time you see a red dot on your chest it won't be some kid playing with the laser pointer from his Dad's briefcase! Now beat it"
    Coach H. (Dont ask me for training advice - 'It's not about the bike')
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820

Those things can be a bit chicken or egg. The splits happened just after Quick Step hit the front. Kelderman's second crash was around that time too. A move like that from a team like Quick Step can cause a panic amongst the other teams, all wanting to bring their leaders to the front at the same time in a rush, causing crashes. The final split where Nibali and Gesink with teammates were dropped by the final front group happened 'clean', live on tv
  • Coach H
    Great stage

My favourite bit wasn't EQS forcing the break, it was them (Trentin & Golas) disrupting the chase by getting in the line at the front and repeatedly sitting up. That is until Golas got a proper telling off from an Astana goon. In my head it went something like this [strong Eastern European accent] " look dip$hit you and that Italian poser in the girly coloured shoes have had your fun and done your job but I've had Vino on the radio and he said to tell you that if you disrupt this chase again the next time you see a red dot on your chest it won't be some kid playing with the laser pointer from his Dad's briefcase! Now beat it"
  • Coach H
    edited July 2015
    Duplicate post caused by VERY bad website performance