Giro D'Italia- Stage 15 ***Spoilers***

1234568»

Comments

• secretsqirrel
    secretsqirrel Posts: 1,759
    Paul 8v wrote:
    Bo Duke wrote:
    Paul 8v wrote:
    I'm sure this has been covered on the previous pages but did Astana not get the memo that the TTT was stage 1?
    That's what I pointed out to the missus, lined up steaming up a steep climb with everyone else falling out of the back.... only Contador able to keep up...... frantic radio messages from base 'slow down, slow down....' .

Looks like we're back in the old days, these things don't just happen, they've been preparing all winter.
    I don't really like to dwell on that side of the sport as there's plenty of others who can fill that void but Jesus Christ on this particular occasion it looks bloody odd. Out on our club ride yesterday there were many, many comments made on it but I won't put them on here!

People said the same about Sky in 2012. Same tactics, but Sky were more successful.
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    Good for you.

That's all I have to say to you on the matter as I have zero desire to go in some long circular discussion with you like I have witnessed on the stage 10 thread.
    Well that's me told, isn't it? :)
  • RoadPainter
    RoadPainter Posts: 375
    tim000 wrote:
    tim000 wrote:
    Has Porte finished yet?
    :lol:

+28mins
    :shock:
    Presumably to become a stage hunter
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Presumably to become a stage hunter

On Pro Cycling Manager?

Maybe he is just missing his buddies on Tenerife. They appear to be having a whale of a time:
    https://instagram.com/chrisfroome/
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Paul 8v wrote:
    Bo Duke wrote:
    Paul 8v wrote:
    I'm sure this has been covered on the previous pages but did Astana not get the memo that the TTT was stage 1?
    That's what I pointed out to the missus, lined up steaming up a steep climb with everyone else falling out of the back.... only Contador able to keep up...... frantic radio messages from base 'slow down, slow down....' .

Looks like we're back in the old days, these things don't just happen, they've been preparing all winter.
    I don't really like to dwell on that side of the sport as there's plenty of others who can fill that void but Jesus Christ on this particular occasion it looks bloody odd. Out on our club ride yesterday there were many, many comments made on it but I won't put them on here!

People said the same about Sky in 2012. Same tactics, but Sky were more successful.

They certainly did, the speculation will never cease in this sport, I don't normally comment on such things but this stood out to me as a "WTF" moment.
  • frenchfighter
    @cyclingweekly 4h4 hours ago
    Alberto Contador knocks down fan’s selfie-stick at #Giro d’Italia |
    CF7jq_dW0AAL7Cy.png
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    @cyclingweekly 4h4 hours ago
    Alberto Contador knocks down fan’s selfie-stick at #Giro d’Italia |
    CF7jq_dW0AAL7Cy.png

SpectacularElasticBuffalo.gif