Top end Bib shorts

Comments

• Spooked
    Spooked Posts: 90
    Just this second got mine. I bet they dont bloomin fit when they arrive after the wait :roll:
  • drummer
    drummer Posts: 246
    Got the dispatch email this morning! Looking forward to checking them out!

Please fit please fit please fit please fit please fit please fit please fit.....
    chris
  • norvernrob
    norvernrob Posts: 1,447
    Got the dispatch email this morning! Looking forward to checking them out!

Please fit please fit please fit please fit please fit please fit please fit.....

Me too! It's only after reading this thread that I noticed my medium Aeron Pro are probably a bit too big, as I have to adjust the pad position every so often on a long ride. Hopefully a small in these should be a nice snug fit.
  • Spooked
    UPS have now delayed mine. Doesn't look like I will be wearing them in my French trip. Hopefully see them in two weeks time. Knowing my luck they will be returned back to sender or something daft. :cry:
  • norvernrob
    UPS have now delayed mine. Doesn't look like I will be wearing them in my French trip. Hopefully see them in two weeks time. Knowing my luck they will be returned back to sender or something daft. :cry:

Any explanation as to why? Mine haven't arrived yet, I was hoping today or tomorrow.
  • Spooked
    Not as of yet. Fingers crossed it'll be a Friday delivery!
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,586

Any explanation as to why? Mine haven't arrived yet, I was hoping today or tomorrow.

Have you guys checked the tracking details in your LP despatch e-mail?

I too received a 'UPS delayed' e-mail, but on checking the tracking website, my shorts have landed in Barking early this morning, so reckon they will be delivered tomorrow.

Looks like the parcels took 2 days to get from Italy instead of the usual 1, and this is what they term as a delay.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • Spooked
    Awesome. Barking it is. Thanks for that.
  • daniel_b
    Mine are now scheduled for delivery tomorrow, hope you get yours too.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • englander
    englander Posts: 232
    Check your post everybody, mine have arrived! They feel like a real step up in terms of quality compared to what I currently have (DHB Aeron Pro/Endura FS260 Pro). Given that these are the same price as the FS260s, which is what I was going to buy an additional pair of in the first place, these LPs only have to equal the pad comfort and they will be a winner for me.
    Specialized Allez 2010
    Strava
  • Spooked
    Yep. Got mine. Wow. Going to have to order another pair now. They are that good. Just been out for a quick blast and the pad is brilliant, construction is fantastic. Id say these are on a par with my assos. Definatley better than my morvelo nth bibs in my opinion.
  • ben-----
    ben----- Posts: 573
    Are there any working discount codes for those La Passione shorts at the moment? I fancy a pair of them.
  • Omar Little
    Omar Little Posts: 2,010
    Mine arrived today too - pair of large and pair of medium, i was going to exchange the ones that didnt fit however they both fit fine with the large being slightly lower on the leg and the medium being a bit tighter. Not much in it though.

Quality seems good - packaged in a nice musette too. However not riden in them yet so this is just a first impression.
  • daniel_b
    Mine have arrived as well, pairs 3 & 4.

Be interested to see what other designs they come out with in the Autumn i guess it will be - going to be tempted by tights I guess, depending on cost and any nice discount codes floating about.

I gather last year they had good discounts on during the tdf, nothing this year that I have seen.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • norvernrob
    Mine arrived today too. Fit perfectly in a small, I have skinny thighs and wondered if the hem would be loose but it isn't at all. The quality is obviously above that of the similarly priced DHB Aeron Pro I usually wear for longer rides, if they ride as good as they look and feel then I won't be shelling out on anything more expensive that's for sure.
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    So just back from a 270 ish mile Coast to Coast using Santini Edge ( from prendas) definitely the best £85 I have spent on cycling gear. Very comfy even on a 120 mile day.
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • drummer
    drummer Posts: 246
    From the bag, the LP look & feel absolute quality! The sizing is snug though. I'm a L/XL in most brands but I went for XL and no way would I have got in a large.

Feel great on, detailing is great. Chamois looks very good.

Soon as I've taken a ride in them I'll let you know.

First impressions though..... EXCELLENT!
    chris
  • the_rover
    the_rover Posts: 402
    I'm getting close to buying a pair but I've emailed them with a sizing question first.
    I'm 5"9, 40in chest, 34in waist, 29in inside leg. I was thinking that size large would be ok, anyone of a similar size here whose bought a pair? Any thoughts?

Cheers.
  • norvernrob
    I'm getting close to buying a pair but I've emailed them with a sizing question first.
    I'm 5"9, 40in chest, 34in waist, 29in inside leg. I was thinking that size large would be ok, anyone of a similar size here whose bought a pair? Any thoughts?

Cheers.

I'm 5'9, 38" chest, 30" waist, 31" inside leg and size small are a snug fit. The hem is quite far down my thigh, definitely slightly longer than my other bibs so a large may be a bit long in the leg for you.
  • the_rover

Cheers.

I'm 5'9, 38" chest, 30" waist, 31" inside leg and size small are a snug fit. The hem is quite far down my thigh, definitely slightly longer than my other bibs so a large may be a bit long in the leg for you.

Thanks for the reply Rob, I'll see what they say but might end up getting a med and a large and sending back what doesn't fit.

Cheers.
  • The Rover wrote:

Cheers.

Thanks for the reply Rob, I'll see what they say but might end up getting a med and a large and sending back what doesn't fit.

Cheers.

I'm 5'10, 40" chest, 34" waist, 31" inside leg. Large fit me fine and Ilike the long leg length but wuldn't want them any longer. For you I'd say M. As everyone says, well worth it.
  • the_rover
    edited July 2015
    I've ordered two pairs of size med after reading through the thread and taking onboard what you guys have said plus I exchanged a few emails with la passione and they think med will be ok.
    When I originally signed up for emails from them they sent me a discount code of LP15 which doesn't work anymore, I quiered this with them and they sent me another one specific to me for 15% off my first order.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    Have always gone for Castelli and their higher end range, but of late, the quality has gone down meaning they are not worth the price. By gone down I mean bobbling on bib shorts and decals cracking even from hand washing. As a club we've recently moved to Champion Systems custom kit and the quality seems every bit as good as the Castelli stuff but half the price. It's better than Endura's custom kit on first inspection.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • KheSanh
    KheSanh Posts: 62
    I recently bought two pairs of Merlin's Elite Bibs, I normally use DHB's pro bibs. Both are good but I prefer the Merlin ones as I really like the chamois as it is more comfortable for me than the DHB one and the cut of the Merlin Bibs is also better for me. I went for the slightly larger sizing. They have them on offer for £45 so at that price I thought I'd give them a go and am well pleased.
  • KheSanh
    KheSanh Posts: 62
    Merlin have an additional 10% off clothing so they're only £40.50 at the moment so ordered another couple.
  • andy81
    andy81 Posts: 118
    Still considering a pair of the LP bibs, but also looking at the offers currently on Bikeinn - can anyone provide a comparison between the LP and Castelli X2 Endurance/Free Aero Race shorts (quality, pad and sizing)?
  • norvernrob
    Went out for my first ride in the LP bibs the other day. They're easily the most comfortable bibs I've had, I didn't even think about them until late in the ride when I remembered I had them on! The fit is perfect and the pad super comfortable.
  • Guys I'm going to purchase a pair of these LS you're all raving about, what size should I go for though?
    I'm 5'11" with a 36" waist and 33" inside leg.

Was thinking XL looking at their sizing guide.
  • the_rover
    Mine arrived this morning and feel very nice! The fit is a little bit snug but I'm losing weight through commuting so I'm not too worried and they feel better once I'm in the biking position. As others have said they have a long leg length. I reckon large would have gone onto my kee cap!
  • norvernrob
    Had an email from LP, the summer sale is on. Classic bibs are £60 which is a steal.