Le Tour de Yorkshire ***Spoliers***

Comments

• RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Black Hill coming up, unclassified but a good place to attack this late on in the stage.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    Craddock is making me feel much better about my terrible climbing style!

LPN been taking acceleration tips from Froome...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    ddraver wrote:
    Craddock is making me feel much better about my terrible climbing style!

LPN been taking acceleration tips from Froome...

Not so hot on the flat either
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • RonB
    Worth it though. Now 11s ahead and 10 bonus seconds for the stage win.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    That could be an important 1second
  • disgruntledgoat
    Has Lawson Craddock ever been measured for a bike? Did he ever sit on one before he became a professional cyclist?
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,160
    inseine wrote:

Killed the race unfortunately.
    Finale bit of an anticlimax, but nice climbs, scenery and support.
  • ddraver
    Hofland wins in the same way he won Brabantse Pijl, GvA 2nd

LPN takes the overall
    - @ddraver
  • disgruntledgoat
    ddraver wrote:
    Hofland wins in the same way he won Brabantse Pijl, GvA 2nd

LPN takes the overall

Hermens, nee?

@gietvangent
  • ddraver
    Sorry, wrong dutch name beginning with H
    - @ddraver
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,325
    Mad_Malx wrote:
    inseine wrote:

So about a third of the race was unexpectedly interesting, one third was dull transition stuff, and the remaining third featured all the climbing and failed to live up to the hype and our own fevered imaginations. Grand Tours need three weeks to achieve all that...
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    Mad_Malx wrote:
    inseine wrote:

So about a third of the race was unexpectedly interesting, one third was dull transition stuff, and the remaining third featured all the climbing and failed to live up to the hype and our own fevered imaginations. Grand Tours need three weeks to achieve all that...

' bout sums it up. Enjoyed it though.
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    inseine wrote:
    Mad_Malx wrote:
    inseine wrote:

I enjoyed it hugely, to be honest - it was always engrossing - but it just struck me that it's a sort of Twenty20 GT, isn't it?
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570
    Mad_Malx wrote:
    inseine wrote:

little bit of ignorance (or exaggeration) there. there was about 2,500 metres of climbing on friday, a lot of it well in to double figures.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Race was a success.

Good crowds, good route, as good racing as you could expect.

Think it's pretty legit.
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    inseine wrote:
    Mad_Malx wrote:
    inseine wrote:

I enjoyed it hugely, to be honest - it was always engrossing - but it just struck me that it's a sort of Twenty20 GT, isn't it?

Just need an A/B split stage day with a short TT/TTT?
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    gsk82 wrote:
    Mad_Malx wrote:
    inseine wrote:

little bit of ignorance (or exaggeration) there. there was about 2,500 metres of climbing on friday, a lot of it well in to double figures.

My tongue was firmly in cheek...
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    I just fell asleep

god

ad breaks too long
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    ASO have taken on Wiggo's advice from 2012, Nordhaug wins a meat hamper.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    hammerite wrote:
    They've seen the fat content of the average Sky rider. That wasn't a prize, it was an aid package.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • disgruntledgoat
    hammerite wrote:

Love a meat tombola

@gietvangent
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Wow what a sh*t race this is. I said on Friday that was the GC done, and well that was the GC done wasnt it.

Cant believe Samu or Voeckler didnt go for it.

I mean the race was dull as you like today. All four wins also come from riders who would hardly get a look in in Europe.

Wont be watching next year unless they get a proper startlist.

Excellent work from Craddock, would have been a nice win. Good job Ben, nice solo win for the move - looked super smooth.

As for the crowds - its nice to see but largely down to this being a novelty plus there being several million too many people in the country.

As for Wiggins - well as I say, he is sh*t and a disgrace. I am amazed the British press and ITV4 fawn all over this loser. He said he would attack. Lol, good joke that, just about finished the race today.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • specialgueststar
    specialgueststar Posts: 3,418
    I've always rated Edet but got no idea why
  • disgruntledgoat
    Riders make the race FF. How can you blame the organisers for teams tactics?

Also, let's not forget the man you just called sh*t has 7 world
    championships, 4 Olympic golds, a tour de France, 3 national titles and probably one of the best years any cyclist has ever had.

@gietvangent
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    As for the crowds - its nice to see but largely down to this being a novelty plus there being several million too many people in the country.
    You're welcome to leave any time you want...

You're right though, people were just stood at the side of the roads because the country is so crowded that there is simply nowhere else for them to stand.
  • disgruntledgoat
    thegibdog wrote:

You're right though, people were just stood at the side of the roads because the country is so crowded that there is simply nowhere else for them to stand.

Also, its outside London and we'll all just go and gawp at anything being a bunch of slack jaw yokels

@gietvangent
  • RonB
    Bunch of folk wi' nowt better to do :wink:

CEGGkfqW8AEN6Br.jpg:med
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,160
    RichN95 wrote:
    hammerite wrote:
    They've seen the fat content of the average Sky rider. That wasn't a prize, it was an aid package.

:D
  • mm1
    mm1 Posts: 1,063
    thegibdog wrote:

At least that's what that there Faridge would have us believe... Lots of empty space in those aerial shots, which leads me to believe that some of those folks may have chosen to be there. Old enough to remember when there was never any cycling on tv. Crowds have been good in the past, look for ToB photos from the 50s and 60s fo example.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,162
    Wow what a sh*t race this is. I said on Friday that was the GC done, and well that was the GC done wasnt it.

Cant believe Samu or Voeckler didnt go for it.

I mean the race was dull as you like today. All four wins also come from riders who would hardly get a look in in Europe.

Wont be watching next year unless they get a proper startlist.

Excellent work from Craddock, would have been a nice win. Good job Ben, nice solo win for the move - looked super smooth.

As for Wiggins - well as I say, he is sh*t and a disgrace. I am amazed the British press and ITV4 fawn all over this loser. He said he would attack. Lol, good joke that, just about finished the race today.

I think today was just too attritional to allow the attacks to come. Good win by Hermans again, it would have been nice for Craddock to hold on but I'm guessing the photos would have been less aesthetically pleasing. He reminds me of TV on the bike other than the gurning and the helmet was hideous. As for Wiggins, he was there as a figurehead to help gain interest in this new race and I'd say he did that well. He's very much in hour record mode and was never going to risk a fall on wet roads. I did expect him to have a dig yesterday though even if it was just to let the crowd see him clearly.

Great few days riding by my future man Davies. Hoped he would break into the top 10 today but must have just missed out. Nice to see Edmonson briefly showing himself again too.

Edit - not sure what you mean by all 4 wins coming from riders who wouldn't normally get a look in. Nordhaug has been a Classics outside contender for a few years and could have won Amstel a few years back had someone not wiped him out. Hofland had some very good results last season and is just coming back from injury from memory. If he was on a better team he'd regularly be on the podium. Hermans already has a decent win this season at Brabantse Pijl