Le Tour de Yorkshire ***Spoliers***

14567810»

Comments

• Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Dabber wrote:
    Anyway FF, next year you'll have a bit more time to go ride your bike instead of watching this crap race won't you.

As long as it's bone dry and 30C in the shade.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • EnnBee
    EnnBee Posts: 20
    Be interesting if wiggins does do a Tour series round what the crowds will be like there, i'm guessing they will be increased a fair wack

Yes. Croydon was intended as his first round, apparently, but he may be in the Isle of Wight next week if the rumours are true.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,791
    Milton50 wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Milton50 wrote:
    Can't be seen as anything other than a resounding success for a first year race. Hopefully it moves up to HC and it goes from strength to strength.

If it moves to world tour status it would be a shame as we then wouldn't have the British teams.

It's a shame, but having the best cyclists in the world here every year with decent media coverage will be better for British cycling in the long run.

its a tricky one

keeping the british teams in is good...and has certainly brought the standard up in the UK scene. same for the US teams at Utah, ToC and that pro challenge thing. The domestic squads hang in there longer each year even if they do get a kicking.
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    I thought I'd put this here rather than start a new thread.

Gary Verity is now Sir Gary Verity.

Good for him. He seems like an all round good bloke, despite the trousers.
    Twitter: @RichN95