Paris Roubaix ***Spoilers***

Comments

• emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    Fair play to that Cofidis rider, last man in race still in Arenberg riding
    www.dotcycling.com
  • curium
    curium Posts: 815
    Fortunate that the TGV was going slow - full pelt and this race would of made the british news tonight!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Fabs having a moan on twitter, saying if they follow rules, dq's should happen
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    CyclingHub quick off the mark with their video clips as always: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nA-84SIFnSo
  • indyp
    indyp Posts: 735
    jeez, a bit risky going through those barriers!
  • Remember Hoste et al getting dq'd for that in the final?
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Given the difficulty of identifying the riders I think heavy fining would be appropriate. Easy to identify the teams at fault.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • BlueDynamo
    BlueDynamo Posts: 143
    Please tell me if I'm being far too sensible but surely the barriers at the crossings should be the full width of the road? Your always going to get riders dodging round the half barrier if its a possibility.
    "One thing that is worse than Carlton Kirby: people complaining about Carlton Kirby.

Talk about first world problems."

The_Boy, 13/4/14, Paris-Roubaix 2014 "spoiler" thread
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    I think Bernie's been helped to get back by the train. His beard of power calling on other forces to aid his return.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    G down and effectively out.
  • emadden
    sjmclean wrote:

In fairness, some riders should definitely be dq'd for that. Some seriously stupid moves there by some riders. A few of them almost crashed. Imagine if they did?
    www.dotcycling.com
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    G down
  • G crashed!
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Whoopsie G!!!!!!!

Bernie's beard of power not all powerful then.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    Thomas down.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    G crashes
  • emadden
    Thomas showing his great bike handling yet again.
    www.dotcycling.com
  • type:epyt
    type:epyt Posts: 766
    Thomas punctures ...
    Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it.
  • sjmclean wrote:

Oh my. I agree with Cancellara's complaining?! I must be getting old.

Thomas down. Not holding his line
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • The_Boy
    type:epyt wrote:
    Thomas punctures ...

:D:D
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • BlueDynamo wrote:
    Please tell me if I'm being far too sensible but surely the barriers at the crossings should be the full width of the road? Your always going to get riders dodging round the half barrier if its a possibility.

not sure they're erected with bike racing in mind

@gietvangent
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    type:epyt wrote:
    Thomas punctures ...
    Salty
    :D
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Thomas fails to bunny hop curb.

Most of the peloton should be dq'd and paris Roubaix race jury has precedent.

But they won't cos that would be rubbish.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    No one going back to help Thomas haha.
  • The_Boy
    No one going back to help Thomas haha.

Plan A is still at the front.
  • Thomas fails to bunny hop curb.

Most of the peloton should be dq'd and paris Roubaix race jury has precedent.

But they won't cos that would be rubbish.

At least a swiss francs in the VC Roubaix Xmas kitty?

@gietvangent
  • The_Boy
    race splitting up now.
  • Van Keersbreuk stomping it now. Stannard 3rd wheel

@gietvangent
  • BlueDynamo
    BlueDynamo Posts: 143
    BlueDynamo wrote:

not sure they're erected with bike racing in mind

Fair enough. But the bad publicity the race and sport would get from a rider getting killed by a train surely warrants a bit of cash to be spent at those areas. There can't be the many double crossings in the race?
    "One thing that is worse than Carlton Kirby: people complaining about Carlton Kirby.

Talk about first world problems."

The_Boy, 13/4/14, Paris-Roubaix 2014 "spoiler" thread