Paris Roubaix ***Spoilers***

Comments

• The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    RichN95 wrote:
    Great. My bet for the day has lasted about as long as my bet on the National did yesterday.

Better that than second. Trust me.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    'That's Entertainment' Wiggo-themed ad on ES. First smart thing he's done in 3 years.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    hammerite wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    We're all gonna complain about Quickstep riding here, I take it?
    Yeah, they should let Sky do it. (It would be the right tactic IMO for Sky to hammer it on the front through to Arenberg)

Quickstep come to the front on the cobbled section and tuck in on the bits of road in between. Sky just stay on the front all the time. While Degenkolb gets an armchair ride.
    Yeah, but Degenkolb's a sprinter. It's not in his interests to have hard racing at this stage.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • RichN95 wrote:
    Yeah, they should let Sky do it. (It would be the right tactic IMO for Sky to hammer it on the front through to Arenberg)

I can see that point of view. Burn everyone bar Thomas, Standard, Rowe and Wiggins to prevent them having to fight for position until they have to
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Macaloon
    hammerite wrote:
    Quickstep come to the front on the cobbled section and tuck in on the bits of road in between. Sky just stay on the front all the time. While Degenkolb gets an armchair ride.

Giant have Ninja powers, and Cheng. Even with Kittel in the team their train was fresh and dominant every stage. We won't see them and then Big John will appear in the final.
  • andytee87
    andytee87 Posts: 414

BR doesn't support QS does it? It supports Sky...

Well I'm supporting my man Trentin anyway
  • Macaloon wrote:
    'That's Entertainment' Wiggo-themed ad on ES. First smart thing he's done in 3 years.

except a world champs a tour and an Olympic gold, maybe?
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Štybar should have waited to get his teeth fixed until after today.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • "Gentse Amerikaan" Tyler Farrars mullet is not doing it for me

@gietvangent
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I put it to you that Kelly is as bad as Kirby. He's been confused about different editions twice now.
  • above_the_cows
    Blimey my man Tim in the break is a big lad.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    RichN95 wrote:

I can see that point of view. Burn everyone bar Thomas, Standard, Rowe and Wiggins to prevent them having to fight for position until they have to
    It's more that to win they (more specifically Wiggins) need to go solo from a small group which hesitates in the chase. For that to happen a lot of damage has to done before Mons en Pevele.
    Rewatching last year, Wiggins attacked with 8km to go and was chased by De Backer for Degenkolb - the rest were struggling. Without that he may well have won. They need to remove the likes of De Backer, even if it is at the cost of Rowe and Stannard.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Macaloon
    except a world champs a tour and an Olympic gold, maybe?

You have a good point. 2.75 years, and I'm only referring to how his career and legacy has been handled, not his bike riding.
  • above_the_cows
    "Gentse Amerikaan" Tyler Farrars mullet is not doing it for me

Does anything about Tyler Farrar do it for you?

He seems a nice lad, lives local and likes a beer?

Plus we saw him out riding once and my wife correctly identified him as "Tyler Farrar, sprinter with team Garmin Transitions".

He's on my " my man" squad

@gietvangent
  • above_the_cows
    "Gentse Amerikaan" Tyler Farrars mullet is not doing it for me

Plus we saw him out riding once and my wife correctly identified him as "Tyler Farrar, sprinter with team Garmin Transitions".

The beer thing redeems him. The Transitions thing will always haunt him. Is he on your my man squad for the year or just for today? It's hard to keep up with all these my men.
  • Wiggins at the back, making his way back up. Malori on the deck

@gietvangent
  • above_the_cows
    What's Wiggo doing at the back?

Tinky Sexy at the front for my man Bodnar... or maybe Sagan.

The beer thing redeems him. The Transitions thing will always haunt him. Is he on your my man squad for the year or just for today? It's hard to keep up with all these my men.

He's part of my Gentenaar division with De Gendt, Devenyns, Keisse and Wiggins

@gietvangent
  • above_the_cows
    NOOOOOO! Disaster for my man Tim in the break. :(
  • QS giving some hammer with Wiggins down the bunch

@gietvangent
  • above_the_cows
    Ooo my man Bert De Backer was the second best Giant last year apparently. Kom op Bert. B*gger Degenkolb ride for yourself. And me.
  • Something is wrong with my TV. I'm seeing 6 Lotto Jumbo riders at once

@gietvangent
  • Sagan in a ditch!

@gietvangent
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,706
    And a bloke from Sky.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Wiggins still at the back with about 15 minutes to get up there before Arenberg. Nobody with him... Not good

@gietvangent
  • above_the_cows
    Wiggins still at the back with about 15 minutes to get up there before Arenberg. Nobody with him... Not good

Has he already packed it in for today?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Mussels and chips almost ready (for those who have been following my culinary traditions).

Too ill for a beer though, shame.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,706
    Sagan has the squits, apparently.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Macaloon
    I love the 'spare parts depot' concept of EQS strength in numbers.