Paris Roubaix ***Spoilers***

Comments

• thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    Just listened to the Recon Ride podcast on Cyclocosm.com, opinion was split between Sky and Etixx - Quick-Step for the win. Looking forward to seeing how it plays out, for my money the Sky riders would be happy if any of their riders won (yes, I even reckon Wiggo would be satisfied bowing out having helped Thomas/Stannard win), can the same be said for EQS?

It'll also be interesting to see how much rope Kristoff is given, will all the other teams work together to drop him?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Degenkolb, gotta be.
  • rick_chasey
    Come on my sweepstake man.... *Ahem*

CCYB-unWEAACzZk.jpg
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Macaloon would be well advised to steer clear of this months issue of posh Flemish cycling magazine Bahamontes.

I had managed to avoid that, thanks.
    Until now.

If Wiggo wins, I'll take a proper tribute to his plaque.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • rick_chasey
    Sep's breakfast.

CCYU7nIWEAIv8Vw.jpg
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Haha.

Got to hope for a Sagan win followed by a Sep win. The Belgium's need someone they can believe in so you have to hope there is always a courageous Belgie in the mix. Sagan needs this win.

If Wiggins is going to win then it isn't from a sprint so, yes of course, he has no other choice then to go for it. I have said it before on several occasions but never understood why he didn't use his pursuiting/TT ability to ride away from people. I mean if the guy is putting out anything close to his pursuit wattage over a sustained 4km attack then no one is even going to be able to hold his wheel let alone come past him.

Just hope there are no bad luck or mechanical incidents taking out the favourites. Also hope Kristoff and Terpstra don't figure too much.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    RichN95 wrote:
    Jared Gruber photoblog. Is that a thing? A photoblog?

http://www.yarak.cc/remembering-roubaix

Thanks - beautiful.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    20150411-20150411-DSC_9917-659x440.jpg

Roubaix team cars are jacked up a few inches, and many teams run thicker tires as well. Most have steel skid plates installed underneath. All these measures help protect the undercarriage from the crown, the raised center section of the pavé, which can easily take out an oil pan or worse
    Contador is the Greatest
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    Well it shows how far Sky have come in a year for anyone to even be mentioning any of their riders being in the favoured few. Or could it be "same old Sky, can't race classics" by 4pm?
  • niknak1
    niknak1 Posts: 528
    My sweepstake man, Gougeard, in the early break.
    Come on.
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    I've got three e/w bets on:

Degenkolb
    Boom
    Langeveld
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    edited April 2015
    okwiea.jpg
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • rick_chasey
    Suspect the odds on Wiggins are to do with the amount of money riding on him rather than pure chances.

Aren't big volumes for cycling so a few big beats a certain way can change the odds a lot.
  • hammerite
    Milton50 wrote:
    I've got three e/w bets on:

Degenkolb
    Boom
    Langeveld

I went Thomas, Degenkolb and Stybar.
  • hammerite
    Sean De Bie (Lotto Soudal), Gregory Rast (Trek Factory Racing), Adam Blythe (Orica-GreenEdge), Alexis Gougeard (Ag2r-La Mondiale), Aleksejs Saramotins (IAM Cycling), Pierre-Luc Perichon (Bretange-Seche), Tim Declercq (Topsport-Vlaanderen), Frederik Backaert (Wanty Groupe Gobert) and Ralf Matzka (Bora Argon 18).

In the break.
  • RichN95.
    hammerite wrote:
    Sean De Bie (Lotto Soudal)
    In the break.
    My sweepstake pick. This race is basically over then.
  • rick_chasey
    Meanwhile, in Shoreditch.

CCYTAH2XIAAEwfT.jpg
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Suspect the odds on Wiggins are to do with the amount of money riding on him rather than pure chances.

Aren't big volumes for cycling so a few big beats a certain way can change the odds a lot.

Yep, don't know how the Telegraaf can give him four stars though.
  • RichN95.
    I thought in London all beers were sold for the price of two.
  • rick_chasey
    RichN95 wrote:
    I thought in London all beers were sold for the price of two.
    Think it's more out in the sticks the local publicans like to subsidise the local's self medication as a public service, usually because they're too depressed they're not in London ;).
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    hammerite wrote:
    Sean De Bie (Lotto Soudal), Gregory Rast (Trek Factory Racing), Adam Blythe (Orica-GreenEdge), Alexis Gougeard (Ag2r-La Mondiale), Aleksejs Saramotins (IAM Cycling), Pierre-Luc Perichon (Bretange-Seche), Tim Declercq (Topsport-Vlaanderen), Frederik Backaert (Wanty Groupe Gobert) and Ralf Matzka (Bora Argon 18).

In the break.

I think I'm supposed to care about one of them...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Meanwhile, in Shoreditch.

CCYTAH2XIAAEwfT.jpg

Stab stab twist kill stab.... Ahhh that's better.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • hammerite
    ddraver wrote:
    hammerite wrote:

In the break.

You can't even muster a swipe at Adam Blythe's shoes. This is going to be a long day at the laptop.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    English streams here. Coverage starting at 1245 CET.

http://www.steephill.tv/classics/paris-roubaix/#live
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    edited April 2015
    hammerite wrote:
    ddraver wrote:
    hammerite wrote:

In the break.

You can't even muster a swipe at Adam Blythe's shoes. This is going to be a long day at the laptop.

Joel Jr. needs a stern look or two from me ;)

A repeat of the Degenkolb/PR episode of Lemond on Cycling now
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • rick_chasey
    Anyone watching the 2014 replay?

Forgot how far back Wiggins, Boonen, Thomas and Terpstra were after Carrefour.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Lemond getting a selfie with Degenkolb. lame
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Can't say how relieved I am that Rob Hatch is on talking duty for ES
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    edited April 2015
    iainf72 wrote:

The only comment under that article reads simply "Geert Lienders"

Never read the bottom half of the internet, folks
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent