The Conspiracy Theory

Comments

• Manc33
    Manc33 Posts: 2,157
    You know this stuff now even if you're trying not to. :wink:

It doesn't matter to me what you believe, that can't affect me, it matters to you, it affects you only.
  • stretchy
    stretchy Posts: 149
    Manc33 wrote:
    I made the claim knowing no real images exist. I wouldn't be making the claim if any did exist, that would be idiotic.

Do you have any evidence of this? Anyone can just claim any photo is a "fake". This is why people can't be bothered to find and post more pictures of earth because you'll say "That's fake, it's a painting or a composite", when you can't actually prove any of them are really fake.
  • stretchy
    Manc33 wrote:
    It doesn't matter to me what you believe, that can't affect me, it matters to you, it affects you only.

Is this something sensible from manc33? He must have been killed for knowing the truth and replaced with a reptilian bot.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Manc33 wrote:

It is far more important to me to tell people this stuff rather than worrying about whether they believe it or not, you don't have to believe it to be told it.

So now you're a prophet..??
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    Imposter wrote:
    Manc33 wrote:

It is far more important to me to tell people this stuff rather than worrying about whether they believe it or not, you don't have to believe it to be told it.

More of a 'loss' :mrgreen:
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • Manc33
    edited April 2015
    Imposter wrote:
    Manc33 wrote:

Where are you pulling that from?

If only one guy thinks "You know what, despite all the BS, I can't find a real image of Earth from space, I am going to keep looking for one" then it is worth it, that is better than nothing. Maybe at some point we might have some transparency at NASA as opposed to secrecy if enough people knew this stuff.

I just find it funny that people will continue to believe in something for which there is no proof once they are aware of it but OK. Living in a fantasy was never something I could go for, I don't like being bullshitted to, but it depends how much you don't like it I suppose. If you can be content with the current stuff NASA puts out then I can't exactly help that lol.

Like I said earlier in the thread, amateur astronomers show us more stuff going on in space than NASA does. If NASA saw something they wouldn't even tell us, thats the primary reason they exist at all because they certainly don't meet the standards if they are pretending to be a real space agency.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Did you watch the video I posted?

We have posted plenty of pictures and videos (which are just a series of pictures anyway) you choose to think they are all fake what more can we do?

Are you ever going to respond to our questions?

Is that actually you on that body building forum? Why were you banned?
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Manc33
    Chris Bass wrote:
    We have posted plenty of pictures and videos (which are just a series of pictures anyway) you choose to think they are all fake what more can we do?

If it is "just a series of pictures anyway" why are you taking it seriously and making out it is a video?

Because people have to clutch at straws when it comes to showing anything genuine.

There is nothing genuine to show, no images, no videos.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 59,686
    Tell us what shape you think the Earth is. It's not going away and it's easy to answer - unfortunately for you there appears to be no good answer :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • stretchy
    Manc33 wrote:

Prove it
  • Manc33
    stretchy wrote:
    Manc33 wrote:

Prove it

You can't prove a negative.

If you're claiming something, you have to prove it.

I don't need to prove anything because what I am asking for proof of has not been shown.

The fact that you guys are happy with CGI mock ups and animations show why we are in this situation.
  • imposter2.0
    Manc33 - let me also ask you to answer this directly, seeing as you have managed to conveniently ignore everyone else's identical question. Here goes:

WHAT SHAPE DO YOU THINK THE EARTH IS??
  • Manc33
    Imposter wrote:
    Manc33 - let me also ask you to answer this directly, seeing as you have managed to conveniently ignore everyone else's identical question. Here goes:

Toss a coin. Heads I think it is flat, tails I think it is round.

Its the only way to find out.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 59,686
    Imposter wrote:

mrsDoyle-1a0icdh.jpg
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • stretchy
    Manc33 wrote:
    stretchy wrote:
    Manc33 wrote:

Prove it

You can't prove a negative.

If you're claiming something, you have to prove it.

I don't need to prove anything because what I am asking for proof of has not been shown.

The fact that you guys are happy with CGI mock ups and animations show why we are in this situation.

Actually we've posted pictures as proof of what you are asking for and you are not accepting them, citing that they are fake. Logic would dictate for you to prove what you are saying. Or shall we just accept what you say because you are Manc33 and you know the whole truth?
  • imposter2.0
    Manc33 wrote:
    Imposter wrote:

Toss a coin. Heads I think it is flat, tails I think it is round.

Its the only way to find out.

Not acceptable - you must have an opinion. You've been happily sharing lots of your other less conventional opinions on this thread. You surely have formed your own opinion by now on something as fundamental as this. One more time:

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,346
    Imposter wrote:
    You've been happily sharing lots of your other less conventional opinions on this thread.
    I thought that was the whole point of this thread?
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • imposter2.0
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Imposter wrote:
    You've been happily sharing lots of your other less conventional opinions on this thread.

And you felt that needed pointing out?
  • pblakeney
    Imposter wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Imposter wrote:

It appeared so.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • imposter2.0
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Imposter wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Imposter wrote:

It appeared so.

So you felt it was necessary to remind people that sharing opinions was ok on a thread intended for sharing opinions. Awesome insight there.

Anyway, if it's ok with you, I'm more interested in what Manc33 has to say about the shape of the earth.
  • pblakeney
    Imposter wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Imposter wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Imposter wrote:

It appeared so.

So you felt it was necessary to remind people that sharing opinions was ok on a thread intended for sharing opinions. Awesome insight there.

Anyway, if it's ok with you, I'm more interested in what Manc33 has to say about the shape of the earth.
    You started it.
    I wouldn't hold your breath waiting.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • imposter2.0
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Imposter wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Imposter wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Imposter wrote:

It appeared so.

You started it.
    I wouldn't hold your breath waiting.

I didn't.
    And I'm not.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,506
    Ouija wrote:
    Has anyone typed "Manc33" into google and followed the links to the various forums he's been banned from? Almost as entertaining. The dateabilty rating of "0%" on one site made me chuckle.
    Banned for arguing about Jews, must have been a different Manc33.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Manc33
    According to the internet I also live in Plymouth and Rugby, not just Manchester. :)

You keep repeating the same stuff about how the images you've provided are adequate when they absolutely are not. If they are adequate to you, there's the problem. If real images existed I wouldn't be stupid enough to say they don't, anyone could just go find one lol.

If you're happy to go along with a load of CGI, paintings and animations, then go along with it, I can't help you, its down to you to notice it. If you never notice it, you never notice it. Doesn't matter about that to me, what matters is pointing this stuff out and I have done that.

Yes do make it stop, close the thread, its just a thread highlighting how ignorant people can be when shown something (and when not shown something as in the case of genuine images and videos).
  • pblakeney
    Does someone now regret starting this thread?
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • stretchy
    So obviously the pictures are fake because manc33 is says so. He can't provide any reliable sources so I'm not entirely sure where he gets it from, because he won't tell us. If you can't provide any decent sources then yes I am going to believe the images over some over paranoid internet warrior. Sorry.
  • Manc33
    So obviously the pictures are real because people say so? You can't provide any genuine images, so I'm not entirely sure where you get it from, because you won't provide any answers to it, just more fake images. If you can't provide any genuine images or videos then yes I am going to believe the images are fake, over some secretive space agency giving us mock ups and no video footage. Sorry.

Its obvious people can float around in space, George Clooney and Sandra Bullock did it.
  • Manc33
    stretchy wrote:
    Don't get mad. The image is our proof.

Post the best one you've got.
    stretchy wrote:
    where is your proof the image is fake?

- Earth is nearly always a perfectly round circle (no bulge at the equator).
    - Dire lack of images - there should be thousands by now.
    - NASA annotations tell you it is a composite anyway, on some images.
    stretchy wrote:
    Do you really not understand what I am saying?

Do you know the difference between a painting and a real image?
    stretchy wrote:
    I want to know how you, above everyone else, know that these images are fake?

Well because other people are looking for real images, not just people here on a bike forum - and no one else can find any either. There is also no full frame video of Earth spinning.

Until we have that as proof, you can "provide" all the fake crap you want, who cares.

The official ISS stream I looked at last night showed an Earth with no land on it anywhere, by the way Earth actually HAS LAND on it... so how can the stream be showing no land?

Because it is a zoomed in part of the globe with a wide angle lens to make it look like the Earth is a lot further away.

You can't possibly be taking that stream seriously.

What are you going to say now "It has no land there because Manc33 says so" lol, when all I did to know that was take one look at the video. No then, its not because I say so, use your eyes.

Can anyone explain that one? Where's the land on the ISS stream?

People actually believe this stuff. :|
  • stretchy
    edited April 2015
    http://www.planetary.org/multimedia/spa ... 5t1-2.html

This one seems reasonable. (I don't know how to post pics)

EDIT: here it is (in small)

20141110_20141109_sastind_437795_f840.jpg

I can't comment on the ISS every time I go on the feed it shows the dark part of the earth. :roll:

Obviously there are other people looking at it, who are they? Where is there work? (this is that source I was asking for)
  • Manc33
    The above image is a lot more accurate than the usual stuff is (colourful CGI cartoon looking ones, paintings) but there's still no way to know if it is real or fake. You're just assuming it is real because you trust NASA. I don't trust NASA and because I don't, I think it is likely to be a fake.

Here's the first six thumbnails from the ISS feed...

fPBSsQ9.pngT6tLGFE.pngENQzAJo.png
    UzcBmMe.pngtUV5MgU.pngL5RLw1w.png

For a start, where's the land?

You can scroll through as many as you want - all you're going to see is high altitude footage with wide angle lenses. This is clear to see from the fact that where there should be land on the Earth, there is no land. Thats because you're looking at a small section of the planet as opposed to the whole top of it. It curves at the edges due to using a wide angle lens, its quite easy to fake it.

Well, its easy to fake it when people say "Haha here's the ISS stream" and all it does is continues to back up what I am saying. :roll: