The Conspiracy Theory

RDW
RDW Posts: 1,900
edited September 2015 in The cake stop
So, is the world today largely as it appears, or is recent history mostly a lie, with the real agenda driven by a secretive cabal who covertly manipulate national and global events for their own obscure ends? Who are these people, what do they want, and are they all controlling our minds with chemtrails?:[/i]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemtrail_ ... acy_theory

jet_fuel.png
http://xkcd.com/966/
---

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,773
    It is not a conspiracy if they are out to get you.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,497
    PBlakeney wrote:
    I think you'll find you meant paranoia rather than a conspiracy :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,320
    Which is worse?
    1. Not believing any of this horseshit and just getting on with your life and doing the best you can for you and yours whilst not shitting on others.
    2. Believing it all and telling others about it, but not actually bothering to do anything about it.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Which is worse?
    1. Not believing any of this horseshit and just getting on with your life and doing the best you can for you and yours whilst not ******** on others.
    2. Believing it all and telling others about it, but not actually bothering to do anything about it.

As with most things in life, number 2 is worse!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • chris_bass
    I have not heard a compelling argument for why they (the Illuminati, NWA, banking family, reptilians or whoever else they dream up) need to do any of this stuff (911, kill diana, 7/7, JFK etc etc).

To stay in power? Why wouldn't whoever they are trying to fight off to remain in power just expose it all? and if there is no one else, why do they need to do it?
    To make money? if they already control all of the money why bother?

And if there is someone/something controlling all the money and countries of the world, why is that a bad thing? how would my life be better if there wasn't?
  • Pituophis
    Pituophis Posts: 1,025
    Maybe you have just been persuaded to think that it wouldn't necessarily be any better. :shock:
  • pblakeney
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    I think you'll find you meant paranoia rather than a conspiracy :wink:
    It was a test to find out who is out to get me.
    I now know of one.

Or, it was too early in the morning.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,946
    edited March 2015
    Chris Bass wrote:

And if there is someone/something controlling all the money and countries of the world, why is that a bad thing?

If this is true they are making P155 poor job of it.

I just can't believe that the world is that organised, even under a 'conspiracy'. I often think that the theorists, sub-consciously, can't stand the thought that they might not have something looking over them, however bad it might be. They need the idea a 'big brother'.

The older I get, the better I was.

• bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Capt Slog wrote:
    [ I often think that the theorists, sub-consciously, can't stand the thought that they might not have something looking over them, however bad it might be. They need the idea a 'big brother'.
    A lot of psychological research suggests that this is precisely the point.

But of course that might just be what they want you to think...
  • pblakeney
    Capt Slog wrote:
    Chris Bass wrote:

And if there is someone/something controlling all the money and countries of the world, why is that a bad thing?

If this is true they are making P155 poor job of it.

I just can't believe that the world is that organised, even under a 'conspiracy'. I often think that the theorists, sub-consciously, can't stand the thought that they might not have something looking over them, however bad it might be. They need the idea a 'big brother'.
    Having recently had a low level dealing with this Country's security departments in my opinion they are in no way as organised as you would think, way below what you would expect, and dreaming of being anything like Hollywood would portray them.
    Or, I could be lulling you into a false sense of (lack of) security because I am part of the system.
    Or, I could just be joking.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • Stevo_666
    Think I'll dig out my old DVD's of the X Files. That was a cracking conspiracy theory based series. And about as reals as some of the ones on here.

And it's got Gillian Anderson in it.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,686
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Wasn't she from Manchester as well? All makes sense now.

Or was it that bird in Frasier?
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Wasn't she from Manchester as well? All makes sense now.

Or was it that bird in Frasier?
    Pretty sure she was American. More importantly, I have an old copy of FHM in the loft with pics of her wearing a purple rubber cat suit. How much am I bid? :)
  • RDW
    Apparently the moon as we know it is a hoax. Not just the moon landings, but the actual moon. This guy has compelling evidence that the lunar surface we see from the earth is some sort of giant hologram that conceals what is really going on there: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3axPn65MGM
  • Wunnunda
    Wunnunda Posts: 214
    Mmmmm...Gillian Anderson
  • pblakeney
    RDW wrote:
    Apparently the moon as we know it is a hoax. Not just the moon landings, but the actual moon. This guy has compelling evidence that the lunar surface we see from the earth is some sort of giant hologram that conceals what is really going on there: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3axPn65MGM
    Woah!
    They've had 3D holograms for centuries and kept it secret?
    Sneaky sods!
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • orraloon
    PBlakeney wrote:
    They've had 3D holograms for centuries and kept it secret?
    Sneaky sods!

Nah, the hologram is projected only when the moon is full, when is crescent and that you see the real moon, but when is full 'they' cover up what is really going on there. Weren't you paying attention to his spiel? After all, he observed the moon every night for a year. Howled at it more like.

I liked the way that the increased views of his Youtube, i.e. each time someone clicks the link and goes WTF, is confirmation in his odd little world.

Mind you, he missed seeing Wallace and Grommit up there so credibilty zilch.
  • pblakeney
    orraloon wrote:
    Weren't you paying attention to his spiel?
    I am quite disappointed at the prospect of being associated with the type of person who would bother to click on the link. :shock:
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,344
    Chris Bass wrote:
    I have not...

And if there is someone/something controlling all the money and countries of the world, why is that a bad thing? how would my life be better if there wasn't?

Maybe there are multiple 'deities' competing for power :roll:
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    RDW wrote:
    If you want to see an amusing bunch of conspiract theorists with a whacky CT, have a look at this lot: I've picked one of their better fruitloop threads :) :
    http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=62346.0
  • I do love a good conspiracy theory. Also, anything to do with Ancient Aliens. I'd watch that all day.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • RDW
    edited March 2015
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    If you want to see an amusing bunch of conspiracy theorists with a whacky CT, have a look at this lot: I've picked one of their better fruitloop threads :) :
    http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=62346.0

Somehow, though, I get the feeling that a few of the theorists on that site are as sincere as a solemn pledge by Nick Clegg!

Incidentally, Gillian Anderson:
    tumblr_l8wwjevlaV1qzw7wro1_500.jpg
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    What about Bildeberg? They seem to be a rather large cabal of world leaders and industrialists, who don't want anyone to know what is discussed at their meetings.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • veronese68
    edited March 2015
    Well, this thread has noticeably improved. And I'm not talking about Mr Goo's post. :-)

edit: this comment looks a bit daft now the lovely picture of Ms Anderson in purple latex has gone.
  • orraloon
    Mr Goo wrote:
    What about Bildeberg?

Don't they make exceedingly good cakes?
  • tangled_metal
    tangled_metal Posts: 4,021
    Nice photograph. Think i had to throw out my collection back in the day. However, I actually zoomed in to read the writing in the bottom right corner. How sad is that? i am now no longer the sort of kid who zooms into...well the more obvious parts of the photograph but someone who wants to read the article!!!! Growing up is a terrible thing, but not something troubling the regulars on big girls thread I see.
  • veronese68
    There's writing on that picture? :shock: :oops:
  • tangled_metal
    tangled_metal Posts: 4,021
    Yes but I still don't know what it said. I zoomed in to read it but got a corner of purple that took my attention away and I headed left!! Nice thigh.
  • chris_bass
    I hadnt even thought about Gillian Anderson for years, now she seems to pop up everywhere! This is a great great thing!

As someone who tends towards the more strawberry side of blond, she does our people a great service!
  • RDW
    edited March 2015
    Gillian Anderson. The truth is out there.
    gillian_anderson01.jpg