Clarkson

Comments

• VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    He said they were a package in relation to them being a team, Clarkson, May and Hammond.
    IMO not so long ago a new company was started and contracts were talked about brings a new show format with an auto theme.
    Immediately after a series of ever increasing events occur (yes, I'm fully aware of him being outspoken for his entire career but never to the level of being racist, sexist and abusive)
    He has a contract on the table which already is one of the highest ever by the BBC at £750,000 yet has pulled out of signing it for several months.
    You have teams of people who have been on standby on many occasions yet they have been let down at the last minute because of issues with JC.

It's a barmy situation and one that really is due to one reason.

JC is clever, he knows the industry, he knows the business.
    He wouldn't have done all he has done without being either mentally ill or on purpose for alternative motives.
    Living MY dream.
  • Manc33
    Manc33 Posts: 2,157
    Where's the proof Oisin got hit?
  • VTech
    Manc33 wrote:

#boom
    Living MY dream.
  • socrates
    socrates Posts: 453
    He got what he deserved. Top Gear's a load of shit anyway.
  • Manc33
    VTech wrote:
    Manc33 wrote:

#boom

Is this a joke or would this work?

I am not a member of any social networking sites so don't know the drill. :oops:

Me join something with a 140 character limit, I don't think so somehow.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,516
    The link is to a nice piece from Piers Morgan.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... again.html

Which may provide a different perspective to V-Techs and in that respect only time will tell...
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,063
    Manc33 wrote:

Are we discounting witness statements of everyone present as evidence?
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,159
    Yawn. Is this thread still going on then? Rich bloke loses one of his lucrative contracts, oh dearie me.
  • VTech
    Slowmart wrote:

Which may provide a different perspective to V-Techs and in that respect only time will tell...

The problem is that Piers and Jeremy don't seem to get on. I do agree that time will tell. It may well be that Clarkson has only started a new media and production company which is in talks with several media sources including sky and netflicks to air a completely different show which has nothing to do with Clarkson May and Hammond.
    Of course it may also only be coincidence that this media company tried to secure a small test track for footage shoots by coincidence for it's footage of cyclists speeding furiously round the track on a Sunday morning :mrgreen:
    Living MY dream.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,657
    Slowmart wrote:

The guy is a tool, but I quite like that...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Manc33
    Jezza should do it back to him. Its not like he doesn't have ample ammunition to throw at Piers Morgan when this is the same Piers Morgan that had to flee the UK and go to the US because he was involved in a phone hacking case. The amazing thing is he didn't even hide out, he went on US TV annoying them about how they should give up their guns. Its amazing no one did anything to him over there but then he always has bodyguards with him. The guy is rotten to the core, another smirking Ben Linus type, urgh.
  • frisbee
    frisbee Posts: 691
    Manc33 wrote:
    Jezza should do it back to him. Its not like he doesn't have ample ammunition to throw at Piers Morgan when this is the same Piers Morgan that had to flee the UK and go to the US because he was involved in a phone hacking case. The amazing thing is he didn't even hide out, he went on US TV annoying them about how they should give up their guns. Its amazing no one did anything to him over there but then he always has bodyguards with him. The guy is rotten to the core, another smirking Ben Linus type, urgh.

Jezza should go punch the smug twat again, now that he's had some practice.
  • Manc33
    He should, Morgan is far more guilty than Clarkson. Clarkson wasn't hacking people's phones.
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
  • VTech
    mrushton wrote:

Plans are well under way for his next show which he confirmed will be a motoring show.

I wouldn't watch his show or material, he has manipulated people for his own gain even though he was rich enough to lavish in luxury until his death.
    Disgusting.
    Living MY dream.
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    I understand the not renewing his contract but clearly media world needs to make money. He must be sat with his agent (and possibly May/Hammond) having a good chuckle and looking fwd to the royalties
    M.Rushton
  • VTech
    mrushton wrote:
    I understand the not renewing his contract but clearly media world needs to make money. He must be sat with his agent (and possibly May/Hammond) having a good chuckle and looking fwd to the royalties

He won't get royalties as he doesn't own the media company anymore having sold it to the BBC.
    he is however in partnership with May and Hammond and another in a new media business.
    Living MY dream.
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    Wilman now. May confirming he won't work with Jeremy. Richard has lunch with all three.

Over to you Netflix.......
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • VTech
    Wilman now. May confirming he won't work with Jeremy. Richard has lunch with all three.

Does anyone believe that ?
    Living MY dream.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,159
    First World problem? Definition of?

Rich k-nob maybe gets more dosh. Obv we should all care.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,874
    orraloon wrote:
    First World problem? Definition of?

Rich k-nob maybe gets more dosh. Obv we should all care.
    A website purely for cyclists? First world issues.
    The reality is that no one cares anything about 100% of what is written here.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • ddraver
    Those 3 (?4) are "Top Gear", put it on any channel and call it whatever you like, everyone will still call it "Top Gear". Thee BBC have been short sighted to paint themselves into the corner, they'd be monumentally stupid to try and recreate the show with other people under the name "Top Gear".
    - @ddraver
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    VTech wrote:

Yes. Wilman has quit.

Yes. May has said that.

Yes, Richard had lunch with all three.

Or do you mean the Netflix thing? ;)
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • VTech
    VTech wrote:

Yes. Wilman has quit.

Yes. May has said that.

Yes, Richard had lunch with all three.

Or do you mean the Netflix thing? ;)

I mean, does anyone think they won't work together as a team again ?
    Living MY dream.
  • turbotommy
    turbotommy Posts: 493
    edited April 2015
    I've not been following this super closely but it doesn't look like the bigger TV channels are fighting for their signatures. No chance they're seen as damaged goods / too much trouble?

Also I don't see any reason why top gear couldn't be successful with a different line up. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the bbc at least tried to continue with it.
    Cannondale caad7 ultegra
    S-works Tarmac sl5 etap
    Colnago c64 etap wifli
    Brother Swift
  • ddraver
    Nope
    - @ddraver
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    I'm not sure I buy into this whole "he planned it all" conspiracy stuff. If that was to work they would need the new program to be ready to go pretty quickly or the buzz created by the fracas would be a long time dead. Wouldn't he and the others have lost out on their £750,000 per episode for the last three episodes that weren't finished or aired?

Would it not have been better to finish the series, not sign a new contract, sort the new thing out and create some kind of scandal before that was ready to be aired? he would be £2m up from the last episodes and advertising the new program would take care of itself.
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • VTech
    TurboTommy wrote:
    I've not been following this super closely but it doesn't look like the bigger TV channels are fighting for their signatures. No chance they're seen as damaged goods / too much trouble?

Also I don't see any reason why top gear couldn't be successful with a different line up. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the bbc at least tried to continue with it.

I think you may be right, having a media company and then getting someone to sign you are two very different things.
    Im not sure if top gear would be the same without them as they did build up a following similar to that of a cult.
    I thought the programme was daft in the last few years which was a shame, I'm still happy that my car was the only one Clarkson featured where there were no negatives :mrgreen:
    I think its a shame though, people losing jobs, people being let down. Very sad.
    Living MY dream.
  • VTech
    Chris Bass wrote:
    I'm not sure I buy into this whole "he planned it all" conspiracy stuff. If that was to work they would need the new program to be ready to go pretty quickly or the buzz created by the fracas would be a long time dead. Wouldn't he and the others have lost out on their £750,000 per episode for the last three episodes that weren't finished or aired?

Would it not have been better to finish the series, not sign a new contract, sort the new thing out and create some kind of scandal before that was ready to be aired? he would be £2m up from the last episodes and advertising the new program would take care of itself.

I doubt very much he didn't get paid for the remainder of the contract. I don't see it as a conspiracy theory, just the fact that history seemed to be repeating itself. I have friends who worked with and relied on top gear for a living. I can't see any reason to disbelieve that this was anything but intentional.
    Living MY dream.
  • ddraver
    With respect to your friends VTech, that is a hazard of working in TV. If they are good at their jobs they ll be hired again. (probably by the same people the way this is playing out...)

I still can't see any reason why this HAS to have been intentional either. It's difficult to prove negatives after all
    - @ddraver