Clarkson

Comments

• slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,516
    Michael Flatley went off to run his own show and is now worth £191 million at the last estimate so he's probably a few quid behind V Tech :wink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Flatley

I thought Flatley did it in the right way though and the action's of JC now seem contrived and self serving.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Manc33 wrote:
    When Vtech first said something about Clarkson colluding it was "Oh you're a conspiracy theorist too now are you?" blah blah blah and now... its looking like he was correct after all?

Get the champagne out. This is a first.
    I said it's a credible scenario - not that he was right. There is a slight difference...

Remind me where I said VTech was a conspiracy theorist on Clarkson? (PS: If Clarkson hit someone trying to get himself sacked to make a few bob, it's not exactly a conspiracy is it? :wink: )

Don't spoil things for Manc33 - there's still plenty of potential for deranged conspiracy theories if your mind is that way inclined. For example, whilst we hopefully can all agree that the idea that a TV presenter might manipulate things to suit his own ends is hardly a conspiracy theory, we could still have it that it is all a cunning plan by the BBC to get rid of Clarkson without having to sack him. Obviously, even Oisin Tymon was in on it as he had to engineer and goad Clarkson into hitting him. Now that is a conspiracy theory! And that should keep Manc33 happy for a while........
    Faster than a tent.......
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,936
    Well, according to Jeremy, they have already received a charity donation of £100k to do the "last ever" lap on the TG track, and that auction is closed.
    That tells me that it has been planned, executed, and all I need to know about the future of TG.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Well, according to Jeremy, they have already received a charity donation of £100k to do the "last ever" lap on the TG track, and that auction is closed.
    That tells me that it has been planned, executed, and all I need to know about the future of TG.

There is another side to this, one where quite a few people are now going to be unemployed. Several suppliers who are now looking to replace contracts and general people and companies who have been let down.
    What are they called, ahhhh collateral damage.
    Living MY dream.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,101
    this was one of my first thoughts when the news broke

with so much 'bbc' production now done by non-bbc companies and private contractors, unless there's a remarkably rapid picking up of the pieces it's going to hit some people very hard

the bbc is not blameless in this, the senior management went into a blind panic and hit the kill switch, but they could have continued without him for the last episodes, just dust off the the hignfy joke and replace him with a tub of lard
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • VTech
    sungod wrote:
    this was one of my first thoughts when the news broke

with so much 'bbc' production now done by non-bbc companies and private contractors, unless there's a remarkably rapid picking up of the pieces it's going to hit some people very hard

the bbc is not blameless in this, the senior management went into a blind panic and hit the kill switch, but they could have continued without him for the last episodes, just dust off the the hignfy joke and replace him with a tub of lard

I think you are bang on with this.
    I think people made a terrible mistake, the best thing would have been to get a celeb in to cover the remaining shows. If I had been in charge, given the information I knew I would have already been prepared with someone in mind.

I know of a few people messed around including a close friend who although hasn't lost much money, he had stayed in the UK whilst his family went away for their first holiday in a few years without him as he was booked to work on the show.
    I am sure there will be people/companies who will go under due to this mess. Its quite laughable when you get to the main substance of the issue. How a huge corporation could be so fundamentally flawed is beyond me.
    Living MY dream.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,657
    Eh? I though this was all planned?!?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • VTech
    ddraver wrote:
    Eh? I though this was all planned?!?

Its such a shame you need to argue with me at every level. It takes away your ability to add something to the topic which is a shame because I am sure you could add value to it.
    Living MY dream.
  • ddraver
    So pointing out your inconsistencies is not useful? Surely it is crucial to drill down to what (we think) happened?

Could it be that you don't like it so you resort to insults?
    - @ddraver
  • VTech
    ddraver wrote:
    So pointing out your inconsistencies is not useful? Surely it is crucial to drill down to what (we think) happened?

Could it be that you don't like it so you resort to insults?

I have no issue with insults, I just failed to see where you have pointed to a single inconsistency with my posts.
    If you could assist me in this matter I would greatly appreciate it.
    Living MY dream.
  • ddraver
    Having spent 20 pages saying this was a plan by Clarkson to break his contract - 2 months before it finished anyway - in order to avoid any future anti-competition laws with a new broadcaster (you suggested Netflix). You now think sungod is "bang on" with his supposition that "the senior management went into a blind panic and hit the kill switch"

Either your of the opinion that Clarkson punching Oisin was enough of a big deal for the BBC to fire Clarkson and break the contract or that it is actually a non-event and that the BBC has overreacted - in which case Clarkson had, presumably, not done enough to break a contract and start all the stuff you ve been carping on about
    - @ddraver
  • VTech
    ddraver wrote:
    Having spent 20 pages saying this was a plan by Clarkson to break his contract - 2 months before it finished anyway - in order to avoid any future anti-competition laws with a new broadcaster (you suggested Netflix). You now think sungod is "bang on" with his supposition that "the senior management went into a blind panic and hit the kill switch"

What Clarkson does and the BBC do is totally separate. I believe Clarkson left for reasons that benefit him, I believe this was financially motivated and that it wasn't a ploy of the BBC to achieve more followers for TG. I also believe the way it has been dealt with by the BBC is totally corporate and that it has left them in a position of looking like fools. They have only (IMO) assisted Clarkson in his attempt to secure himself in the best way possible.

Either your of the opinion that Clarkson punching Oisin was enough of a big deal for the BBC to fire Clarkson and break the contract or that it is actually a non-event and that the BBC has overreacted - in which case Clarkson had, presumably, not done enough to break a contract and start all the stuff you ve been carping on about.

I believe that yes, he should have been fired for it but this isn't the case is it, the BBC have been foolish and allowed his persona to be raised amongst the followers. JC (IMO) is at the moment walking away from this in a very good position which in reality is unfair. Normal folk would lose a lot for walking into work and punching a colleague.

I do hope the above assists you.
    Living MY dream.
  • ddraver
    I think you've now added a third (if not fourth) interpretation to your story

I come back to this...
    ddraver wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    mrushton wrote:
    http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/mar/20/jeremy-clarkson-foul-mouthed-rant-bbc-top-gear

Seems there is more to the story as you read thro to the bottom

Does anyone still think what I wrote was wrong ?

i think Clarkson could personally release a statement saying VTech is wrong and you'd still think you re right
    - @ddraver
  • VTech
    ddraver wrote:
    I think you've now added a third (if not fourth) interpretation to your story

I come back to this...
    ddraver wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    mrushton wrote:
    http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/mar/20/jeremy-clarkson-foul-mouthed-rant-bbc-top-gear

Seems there is more to the story as you read thro to the bottom

Does anyone still think what I wrote was wrong ?

i think Clarkson could personally release a statement saying VTech is wrong and you'd still think you re right

No sir, the point is identical throughout.
    I struggle to see your point, to me it is nonsense but of course you will reply to the contrary.
    Are you in employment ?
    Living MY dream.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,533
    What's someone's employment status to do with anything?

Do you eat shreddies for breakfast?
  • ddraver
    Once again he resorts to insults.

Maybe reflect on the reality that you re roundly mocked on tis forum.and have received several bans. Then ponder why you keep coming back.... There is something rather sad about that. Anyway there are Danish DSs to discuss which is far more interesting...
    - @ddraver
  • VTech
    ddraver wrote:

Maybe reflect on the reality that you re roundly mocked on tis forum.and have received several bans. Then ponder why you keep coming back.... There is something rather sad about that. Anyway there are Danish DSs to discuss which is far more interesting...

I didn't insult you at all, I pointed out that you were indeed using lies in an attempt to discredit me which was pointless for two reasons, a) those impartial are laughing at you, b) your attempts are futile as I'm laughing at you.

I have not received several bans, I was banned once via a difference of opinion by some of the mods, I know at least 2 who didn't want me banned, more than likely due to the fact that the ban was based on a lie.
    I come back for people like you, your like my jester. I would employ you to amuse me.
    Living MY dream.
  • Manc33
    Manc33 Posts: 2,157
    If Clarkson colluded with the BBC then a "conspiracy" is precisely what it is.
  • VTech
    Manc33 wrote:
    If Clarkson colluded with the BBC then a "conspiracy" is precisely what it is.

I don't think for one minute that this is the case. The BBC would have nothing to gain, he is earning £750,000 an episode so it isn't even money related as the earnings from the show cover this many times over.
    Living MY dream.
  • VTech wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

I didn't insult you at all, I pointed out that you were indeed using lies in an attempt to discredit me which was pointless for two reasons, a) those impartial are laughing at you, b) your attempts are futile as I'm laughing at you.

I have not received several bans, I was banned once via a difference of opinion by some of the mods, I know at least 2 who didn't want me banned, more than likely due to the fact that the ban was based on a lie.
    I come back for people like you, your like my jester. I would employ you to amuse me.

What an odious spiteful little man you are.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • ddraver
    No worries, Schleckonds, I reckon we'd get a million signatures demanding I got let off if I Clarksoned him...
    - @ddraver
  • VTech
    ddraver wrote:
    No worries, Schleckonds, I reckon we'd get a million signatures demanding I got let off if I Clarksoned him...

I'm not surprised at the comment by sloppy-seconds.
    Neither am I of yours. Your welcome to have a shot any time you feel like it. I've never backed down from anything.

Sloppy, anything to actually add to the thread ? Any info, any updates or anything that you can muster up to discredit what I've written rather than just post a hate line as you always tend to do.

The problem is, you do this quite often and I really have two options, argue or leave you to look the fool.
    I don't get much fun from you so enjoy your self and continue.
    Living MY dream.
  • MisterMuncher
    MisterMuncher Posts: 1,302
    As tomorrow's "papers" appear online, it appears he has been sacked. What a shame.
  • Manc33
    Manc33 Posts: 2,157
    Top Gear already was Highest Gear. You need Higher Gear.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,936
    Gear to infinity, and beyond!
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • ddraver
    Manc33 wrote:
    Top Gear already was Highest Gear. You need Higher Gear.

Fair play, i did lol!

Oh well, No surprise really. 6 out of 52 Sunday nights a year will be a bit less interesting...
    - @ddraver
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    Netflix then. Hope the other 2 follow.

And, please Netflix, don't do that thing where you release all at once. Make us wait. In fact make us wait till 8pm on a Sunday evening.....
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • ddraver
    Any other expats know if TGUK is dubbed or subbed in countries that like to dub?
    - @ddraver
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    Clarkson has tweeted that he's not heard anything.

So, pretty poor form for a) the director of Radio to comment and b) for someone to have leaked the outcome to the press.

One might conclude that the BBC, if the above (b) has happened, are in breach of employment law.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.