Clarkson

Comments

• mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    Oddly, not everyone of us has a Wiki page/Twatter or Facewash account/Smartphone/Strava thing/powermeter because we don't care about them and are to busy getting on with life (when the MIB allow us to)
    M.Rushton
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Manc33 wrote:
    the producer is punchable
    But surely he hasn't signed a contract saying he is punchable, so you wouldn't be allowed to hit him?
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    bompington wrote:
    Manc33 wrote:
    the producer is punchable
    But surely he hasn't signed a contract saying he is punchable, so you wouldn't be allowed to hit him?

I think you are coming at it from the wrong angle, Clarkson asked him to produce a contract in which it said he wasn't allowed to punch him, he could not, therefore Clarkson punched him. I was there and saw it all, the legalese they were tooing and froing with was spectacular, no normal person could be expected to understand it, luckily an expert was also there. On the plus side he did help me to pay in my tax receipts.
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Clarkson doing TG Norway according to Daily Telegraph, that is all.
  • MisterMuncher
    MisterMuncher Posts: 1,302
    Oisin is a pretty common and ordinary Irish name. He's only "oddly named" if you're pathetically insular.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 9,019
    VTech wrote:
    I agree with you about his history, I've never known him try and throw a punch, he isn't stupid and has been in broadcasting long enough to know what you can and can't do.
    Likewise he has worked for the BBC long enough to know what you can and can't do.
    this was planned.

I don't see him as the kind to throw a punch either - most of us probably haven't thrown a proper punch since we were in our youth if at all and I would guess someone of Clarkson's background falls into that category. If you aren't a fighter then most of us have a pretty big mental block about actually doing that.

However I'm not sure about the line that he knows what you can and can't do in broadcasting - I mean his eeny meeny incident showed monumentally bad judgement - he may have been valuable enough to ride out the storm but if nothing else incidents like that would harm his value to commercial TV - it damages the brand and fewer advertisers would want to be associated with it.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    VTech wrote:
    I agree with you about his history, I've never known him try and throw a punch, he isn't stupid and has been in broadcasting long enough to know what you can and can't do.
    Likewise he has worked for the BBC long enough to know what you can and can't do.
    this was planned.

I don't see him as the kind to throw a punch either - most of us probably haven't thrown a proper punch since we were in our youth if at all and I would guess someone of Clarkson's background falls into that category. If you aren't a fighter then most of us have a pretty big mental block about actually doing that.

However I'm not sure about the line that he knows what you can and can't do in broadcasting - I mean his eeny meeny incident showed monumentally bad judgement - he may have been valuable enough to ride out the storm but if nothing else incidents like that would harm his value to commercial TV - it damages the brand and fewer advertisers would want to be associated with it.

IMO your looking at it from the eyes of a normal guy but this isn't the same as advertisers and marketing people. Nor legal agents.

I wouldn't be surprised if he has been on the lookout for an "easy out" since selling the company. It is a fact that if you don't own a company you don't have the same love for it.
    Likewise advertising companies don't care about bad clients, they care about negative publicity but even then they will always side with financial reward. Sometimes the negative feedback people like JC get is easy forgotten when you have huge revenues coming in.
    Also, it's made harder when people like him have a crazy following considering that the shows he puts out is of an overall poor quality.
    But.........at the end of the day, he will walk away from this with more cash than most here could ever imagine and I am sure that this will be enough for him to be happy about the whole situation.
    Living MY dream.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Has anyone ever seen Clarkson and Vtech in the same room?
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,657
    the best conspiracy....in the world
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    Harry-S wrote:
    On a personal note, I once wound him up very badly and it was a long time before he snapped. All he did was look at me, with his hands clenching and unclenching, and eventually coming out with "JUST F**K OFF!!". I can't see him throwing punches in a work environment, but who knows?

Come on, it's a boring Friday in the office. Let's have some details here...
  • mrushton
    http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/m ... c-top-gear

Seems there is more to the story as you read thro to the bottom
    M.Rushton
  • VTech
    mrushton wrote:
    http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/mar/20/jeremy-clarkson-foul-mouthed-rant-bbc-top-gear

Does anyone still think what I wrote was wrong ?
    This is not the actions of someone worried about losing £750,000.00 per episode + expenses.

Plus the new company, plus the sale of bedder 6.
    Living MY dream.
  • harry-s
    harry-s Posts: 295

Nothing hugely entertaining I'm afraid Chris.

It was at Le mans quite a few years ago, - he was in the pit lane with Noel Edmonds and a shoot was going on of the pair of them walking along and chatting about their passion for endurance racing (Jesus H Christ...). Along with a mate, I decided mid take to walk across their path with spaghetti legs and ridiculous shorts. It was after about take 6 that he lost it.

It wasn't big, and it wasn't clever. And I'd drank a bottle of Scotch that morning.
  • ddraver
    VTech wrote:
    mrushton wrote:
    http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/mar/20/jeremy-clarkson-foul-mouthed-rant-bbc-top-gear

i think Clarkson could personally release a statement saying VTech is wrong and you'd still think you re right
    - @ddraver
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Harry-S wrote:

Nothing hugely entertaining I'm afraid Chris.

It was at Le mans quite a few years ago, - he was in the pit lane with Noel Edmonds and a shoot was going on of the pair of them walking along and chatting about their passion for endurance racing (Jesus H Christ...). Along with a mate, I decided mid take to walk across their path with spaghetti legs and ridiculous shorts. It was after about take 6 that he lost it.

It wasn't big, and it wasn't clever. And I'd drank a bottle of Scotch that morning.

PLOP PLOP

bit of name dropping....

and Jesus was there as well...

well I was only saying to the David's this morning that's Milliband and Cameron, when we going for a snort with Hazza, that's Prince Harry...
  • ai_1
    ai_1 Posts: 3,060
    Manc33 wrote:
    The only online pic of the oddly named Top Gear producer I can find is the recent one relating to this alleged incident. Who is this guy? Where's his Wiki page? I am not defending Clarkson but the producer is punchable. He looks like he goes around tickling people.
    What is your real name?
    Firstly I'd like to know if it's odd. Then I'd like to use it to find an online picture of you and look up your wiki page. I will then be able to conclude if you are punchable......sheesh!

Incidentally: It's not an especially odd name. "Jeremy Clarkson" seems more unusual to me. I don't think I've ever met someone called Jeremy. I have definitely met several Oisin's. I presume we're talking first names?
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    Harry-S wrote:

It is quite funny though - and to lob Noel Edmonds into the mix is great!
  • VTech
    ddraver wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    mrushton wrote:

i think Clarkson could personally release a statement saying VTech is wrong and you'd still think you re right

That wasn't the question, why not answer the question and actually add something to the thread ?
    Or are you the one in 12 jurors who finds a man innocent who was caught holding a knife with blood on his hands having just sworn to several people in the pub that he is going to kill the man he found in bed with his wife and trots to the mans house, breaks in and attacks the man in front of his wife and kids and several family friends and is charged with murder?

Evidence is often what normal folk rely on to get to a conclusion and it couldn't be more one sided than the above statement.
    Living MY dream.
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,807
    If I had kids I'd make them read this thread to show them what's wrong with the internet. 18 pages of utter w@nk.
  • VTech
    If I had kids I'd make them read this thread to show them what's wrong with the internet. 18 pages of utter w@nk.

If you had kids you would almost certainly think differently.
    BTW, as a father of 3 I wouldn't show my kids 18 pages of utter w@nk because as a father I wouldn't think it appropriate. I would however take them swimming on a tuesday, karting on a satuday and try 3 foreign holidays a year.
    Living MY dream.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,516

So there's no danger of you modding the place then :wink:
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • ddraver
    VTech wrote:
    ddraver wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    mrushton wrote:

That wasn't the question, why not answer the question and actually add something to the thread ?
    Or are you the one in 12 jurors who finds a man innocent who was caught holding a knife with blood on his hands having just sworn to several people in the pub that he is going to kill the man he found in bed with his wife and trots to the mans house, breaks in and attacks the man in front of his wife and kids and several family friends and is charged with murder?

Evidence is often what normal folk rely on to get to a conclusion and it couldn't be more one sided than the above statement.

You really are too easy to play with...
    - @ddraver
  • mrushton

Twitter/the internet/Facewash is utter w@nk but once in a while it comes good eg Arab spring/fixing your bb/or someone telling you your lights are on. It's just some of the people on there eg the lunacy over a woman on a banknote or Ashley Judd mentioning something about NFL or Cancellara/Heysjerdal having a motor in their bikes
    M.Rushton
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,807
    mrushton wrote:

Twitter/the internet/Facewash is utter w@nk but once in a while it comes good eg Arab spring/fixing your bb/or someone telling you your lights are on. It's just some of the people on there eg the lunacy over a woman on a banknote or Ashley Judd mentioning something about NFL or Cancellara/Heysjerdal having a motor in their bikes

Agreed. Sadly, this is about as far away from an Arab Spring as you can get.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    ddraver wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    mrushton wrote:

:D:D
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • VTech
    ddraver wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    mrushton wrote:

I could see how someone would smile if the point being made was at least 0.000005% valid but in this case it isn't even as high as that.
    This is however why I keep coming back, the beauty of seeing how people live and react is addictive here.
    Living MY dream.
  • rafletcher
    rafletcher Posts: 1,235

You mean to say you read it ALL :shock:
  • ddraver
    yeah we re all sheeple :roll:
    - @ddraver
  • VTech
    netflix
    Living MY dream.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    VTech wrote:
    ddraver wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    mrushton wrote:

I could see how someone would smile if the point being made was at least 0.000005% valid but in this case it isn't even as high as that.
    This is however why I keep coming back, the beauty of seeing how people live and react is addictive here.

must admit aint read the thread, just scanned through last page and the comment made me smile, so thought i'd share my happiness, now i'm all :( thanks for that
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....