Clarkson

Comments

• bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    and on that bombshell. good riddance :wink:
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    I will certainly be glad that my weak and fragile little mind is not being warped when I sit down to watch a repeat of Flog It next Sunday
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    BO110XX !!! Just when they were looking to agree sorting out the head to head to head (Ferrari, McLaren and Porsche).
    Whatever one may think of Clarkson, I don't think Top Gear would have been the success it is without him. He may be big headed and opinionated, but I think he is a breath of fresh air. Being on TV these days must be stressful, where one has to watch every word uttered, lest it offends even a minority of one. Hope it gets sorted so we can see the ultimate fastest lap.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • Manc33
    Manc33 Posts: 2,157
    There goes the only decent programme left on TV.

Clarkson was about the only guy left on TV that would openly say "Hang on, what the hell does this Government think they are doing?" and spark people's brains a little bit, albeit extremely briefly, at least it happened from time to time, a flash in the pan of reality.

Who have we got on TV these days... spineless bastards like Ant and Dec and Jedwood.

Even Noel Edmonds has more balls than they do!

Both Clarkson and Edmonds were basically saying why is the Government now telling us all what to do when we are supposed to be telling them what to do, I mean its a simple enough observation, but one not made by many people in today's world.
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,803
    The Middle Classes answer to Roy Chubby Brown. Keep calm people. Tuck your t-shirts nice and tightly into your jeans, buy your Daily Mail and vote UKIP!
  • Manc33
    UKIP = "You kip"

Unless it doesn't I mean its only right there.

Same with the "Food and Drug Administration" in the US - they are administering drugs to people via food and are even telling you they are doing that. Its not even hidden. :shock:

Same with the "Criminal Justice System". A justice system for criminals and boy do they take advantage of it, covering each other's skinny little pedo backs all the time. :|

On all news reports they massage the reports by saying "historical allegations" all the time, making out cases like Savile, Hall and the rest are "isolated cases" when the whole system is held together by the ability to compromise pedophiles. So many pedo's are in the BBC and government because they are about the only people that can be forced to be told what to do and say, like push this policy through that wouldn't get pushed through in a million years in a normal government...

This is why every single dossier goes "missing" and every time its an isolated case. :roll: How can a repeating pattern be isolated?
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    Do you know what? I understand why you can't use a chain link now...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • RDW
    RDW Posts: 1,900
    Manc33, wouldn't it save time if you just listed the conspiracy theories you don't believe (if there are any), so we can take all the others as read? :D
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,481
    Whats the conspiracy theory for MH370?

I much prefer Clarkson to any PC garbage that usually permeates modern media and its only a TV programme which sits under light entertainment and goes to show how tightly wrapped some people are given the nature of the show.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    ddraver wrote:
    Do you know what? I understand why you can't use a chain link now...

:lol::lol::lol:
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    Hmm, I like Top Gear, and accept that the three actors on their play their roles well.

But, this means I have to side with Manc33. It's a dilemma this. Curse you Clarkson.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,549
    Hell probably be back once the BBC remember how much money TG makes for them around the world. If not then its a pity as I always enjoyed how he would wind up tree huggers, lefties and do gooders.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MisterMuncher
    MisterMuncher Posts: 1,302
    Aye. Some fella I used to work with couldn't solve his disputes like an adult either. He got sacked.

I'm sure fabulous, profitable talent like big Jezza will just get snapped up by the commercial sector. After all, he's done really well outside the format of Top Gear in days gone by.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I quite like Clarkson (and the other two), but cannot stand Top Gear these days.
    Its so up its own arse.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,803
    I suspect that all 3 presenters would chortle whilst reading this thread.

They are just as happy with people appreciating the wind ups as they are with people getting wound up.

Anyone who thinks that Clarkson is gone, is going to be disappointed.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • MisterMuncher
    MisterMuncher Posts: 1,302
    I remember people saying the same of Jonathan Ross...
  • Ber Nard
    Ber Nard Posts: 827
    PBlakeney wrote:

They are just as happy with people appreciating the wind ups as they are with people getting wound up.

Absolutely. My first thought was the Beeb must think the viewing figures for this series of Top Gear aren't where they want them to be so better stir up a bit of controversy.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Bring back Chris Goffey, there hasn't been enough analysis on effective boot space since he left
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • dj58
    dj58 Posts: 2,217
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Hell probably be back once the BBC remember how much money TG makes for them around the world. If not then its a pity as I always enjoyed how he would wind up tree huggers, lefties and do gooders.
    and bicyclists :)
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,803
    An excellent opportunity for a DVD special using the stuff filmed but not shown.

Hmmmm.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364
    Ber Nard wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:

Absolutely. My first thought was the Beeb must think the viewing figures for this series of Top Gear aren't where they want them to be so better stir up a bit of controversy.

That sounds like a conspiracy theory :D

Hope the f*ckwit goes. Jonathan Woss was an overpaid f*ckwit too.
    Grange Hill was axed and they replaced it with this format of top gear to provide continuation for that generation - boys to boys, with a 20 year time gap and no increase in mental capacity required to watch. I wonder what people are going to do now on a Sunday night seen as TG has been suspended? God forbid they might replace it with a programme where people might have to think a little.

So he is deliberately controversial and deliberately non PC? So what? It is much more clever to be articulate and to the point. Could we not have people on television that don't pander to such a low denominator - entertainment which in essence is so banal you can miss the 'b' off the word?

A programme which worships the car and bad driving eulogised by cyclists ?!? Farq me.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tangled_metal
    tangled_metal Posts: 4,021
    Don't worry there's still enough programmes of TG to last Dave forever. You know you've watched Dave too much when you can recite what the presenters say just before they say it.

Seriously, used to like it and some programmes were replayed a lot on Dave.

Anyone watch US TG? Dull presenters. TG Australia? I've watched a bit and that's got an Aussie version of Jezza.
  • sarm34
    sarm34 Posts: 182
    Clarkson for PM :D
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364
    sarm34 wrote:
    Clarkson for PM :D

He'd fit right in with UKIP.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!

• That sounds like a conspiracy theory :D

Grange Hill was axed and they replaced it with this format of top gear to provide continuation for that generation - boys to boys, with a 20 year time gap and no increase in mental capacity required to watch. I wonder what people are going to do now on a Sunday night seen as TG has been suspended? God forbid they might replace it with a programme where people might have to think a little.

So he is deliberately controversial and deliberately non PC? So what? It is much more clever to be articulate and to the point. Could we not have people on television that don't pander to such a low denominator - entertainment which in essence is so banal you can miss the 'b' off the word?

A programme which worships the car and bad driving eulogised by cyclists ?!? Farq me.

You know that thing on the arm of your sofa - it's called a remote control, it can be used to change channel or switch off your tv.

If you don't like TG, don't watch it - simple!
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,481
    The reinstate Clarkson petition is over 110,000 signatures.

https://www.change.org/p/bbc-reinstate- ... d_donation

I've signed :wink:
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Manc33
    The conspiracy comes in with outspoken people on TV getting ousted from TV and replaced with obedient people. Soon you won't be able to say anything.

Who remembers Tomorrow's World? :cry: The BBC axes every good show in the end, its just that the public wouldn't stand for it normally.

It was the same with the England football team and how they never got Brian Clough, he was too much to handle.

They don't like having people on TV that speak their mind, we might all want to do it. :o
  • FatTed
    FatTed Posts: 1,205
    I quite like TG, not as much as I used to. I like a show where no thinking is required, do enough of that at work.
    Would be a lot better if we knew what the fuss was about.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Ber Nard wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:

That sounds like a conspiracy theory :D

100%^this. He's a complete nobber who gets away with so much because he's a "bit of a laugh" . Should be condemned to Channel 5 for the rest of his life. Having seen Paul Kimmage's driving antics in Rough Rider, he should p!ss off with him as well.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    He wanted time off to take his caravan to Dorset.