Omloop Nieuwsblad **Spoilers**

Comments

• Boonen gets a little gap and sits up at the top, Trentin nearly broadsides the peloton after spinning his back wheel, Van marcke caught behind a split
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,092
    There was a gap between the fuzzy shapes there.
    Exciting stuff.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    Boonen beard bothering!

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    First real selection is imminent I think
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    Boonen gets a little gap and sits up at the top, Trentin nearly broadsides the peloton after spinning his back wheel, Van marcke caught behind a split
    I was impressed how smoothly Trentin managed to merge into the line on the other side of the road!
  • Stybar has made it back to the front and working with Boonen, GVA up there too.

Eikenberg is next up.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • philwint
    philwint Posts: 763
    they are really stringing it out now - just as I have to switch the cycling to the second monitor for the rugby #firstworldproblems
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,443
    Tegen!!!!!!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • adr82
    Did they just have a marshal specifically for a car left parked on the route?
  • adr82 wrote:

THey have aboout 30 that ride ahead on motorbikes and park up when they see a hazard

@gietvangent
  • adr82
    adr82 wrote:

THey have aboout 30 that ride ahead on motorbikes and park up when they see a hazard
    Like the idea, just surprised it's necessary over there... with the popularity of these events you'd think people would know to move their vehicles!
  • Ah there's LUC and Tornado Tom Frits. All is right with the world.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Ugh, Wolvenberg. Then about 5km solid of cobbles.

@gietvangent
  • Luke Rowe the first Sky rider to jump

@gietvangent
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,092
    Regardez et écoutez

Takes me right back....
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Front group has thinned right down to about 30 now

@gietvangent
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    Thought they weren't meant to ride on teh pavement?
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • Luke Rowe makes it up to the break.

@gietvangent
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,589
    The_Boy wrote:

They aren't.

But they cant disqualify 7/8 of the race...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • TheHound
    TheHound Posts: 284
    Brave move a long way out, or setting it up for someone else?
    Bianchi Intenso Athena
    Handbuilt Wheels by dcrwheels.co.uk
    Fizik Cyrano R3 Handlebars
    Selle Italia SLR Kit Carbonio Flow saddle
    Deda Superleggero seatpost
  • But they cant disqualify 7/8 of the race...

#LetEveryoneRide
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy wrote:

They aren't.

But they cant disqualify 7/8 of the race...

Was a rhetorical question. Probably should have put a ' ;) ' there or something.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • TheHound wrote:
    Brave move a long way out, or setting it up for someone else?

THe latter, getting the rest of them off the front and making the other teams work.

Puncture for my man and PTP pick "Gentse Amerikaan Tyler Farrar"

@gietvangent
  • Haaghoek and Leberg coming up and then the mad fight for position before the Molenberg.

Tommeke hits the front!

@gietvangent
  • That's a nice little group, Boonen, VanMarcke, Stannard, Kristoff, GVA

@gietvangent
  • TheHound
    TheHound Posts: 284
    Boonen looks slick in shorts and white shoes and socks.
    Bianchi Intenso Athena
    Handbuilt Wheels by dcrwheels.co.uk
    Fizik Cyrano R3 Handlebars
    Selle Italia SLR Kit Carbonio Flow saddle
    Deda Superleggero seatpost
  • The_Boy
    Tidy little group forming.
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Here we go. There's the split. Vanmarcke, Stannard, Boonen in there.
  • Rear puncture for Vanmarcke.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,443
    Oh Poor Sep!!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver