Omloop Nieuwsblad **Spoilers**

Comments

• Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Quickstep smoking cigars and letting Sky show their cards this early.
  • philwint
    philwint Posts: 763
    The gap came down about a minute over that pave, so Brad must have been pushing it a bit.
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    Luke Rowe (?) in some argy bargey with BMC?

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • Luke Rowe and a BMCer having a nice chat. :)
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • 1km climb here, then a loooooong dowhill into ROnse, then the Kruisberg and then the fun starts!
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • philwint
    Is it weird that I prefer the dutch commentary, I don't understand a word of, to Mr Kirby?

:s
  • Stybar stuck behind the crash on Haaghoek, apparantly.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Another QS making his way through the cars

@gietvangent
  • Another pile up midway down the peloton.

@gietvangent
  • OK so let's cobble.

Hi folks, the proper racing has returned. Do we have any roundabouts to worry about today?
    Correlation is not causation.
  • OK so let's cobble.

Hi folks, the proper racing has returned. Do we have any roundabouts to worry about today?

only 2 and they;re in the last 10km

The next 10 could be interestng, road to the bottom of the Taainberg is terribele

@gietvangent
  • Is at as windy down there as it is up here? Nasty southerly up this way.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,105
    I'm following the race, sat in a bar in Thailand (I know, poor me) on my phone with no access to any live streams. This thread and the pitifully poor cyclingnews commentary are my only sources of information. Your updates are greatly appreciated.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    I'm boarding my loft - managed to get a stream up on my iPad up there. Damned if I'm going to miss the first proper race of the year while I mess up some simple DIY of a Saturday afternoon
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Kruisberg done. Gap down to under 2 minutes.
  • milton50
    Some crazy people in tractors blowing their horns.
  • philwint
    @65km the break is down to 1'55"

Sky all over the front of the group - Eisel & Wiggins doing the lion's share of the work

Couple of minor crashes.
  • philwint
    and yes - lots of tractors!
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    Tractors! Lots of em! Blissssssss....

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • milton50
    My feed is french, which I can't speak, but it sounds like some kind of protest by farmers?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 73,787
    Headwind atm looks like?
  • Kopje thee iedereen?

Wiggins and Bernie almost indistinguishable from each other with their beards.
  • Headwind atm looks like?

Roughest bit of cobbles of the whole course too

@gietvangent
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,105
    See, absolutely no mention of tractors on the cyclingnews feed. Pitiful.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • milton50
    Brammier attacks out of the breakaway group.
  • see what i mean about that descent?

@gietvangent
  • Boonen in digging on the Taainberg shocker

@gietvangent
  • milton50
    Boonen stretching his legs!
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    Peloton looks split up, another crash?
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    How come Matt Brammeier is wearing leg warmers? I've been on the west coast of Ireland in August when this would have passed for a very nice summer's day.