The classics thread

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Chadders81 wrote:
    Can we discuss Milan San Remo in this thread?

Absolutely.

Amateur pundits (i.e. me) struggle a bit more with MSR because it's more of a lottery!
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,541
    It's usually a similar type of winner each year though.
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,605
    Someone who still has a sprint after 290km....
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    It's hardcoreness rating is linked to the weather.
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,449
    It's hardcoreness rating is linked to the weather.

And the list of winners.
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    It's an interesting half hour of viewing.
  • gweeds
    smithy21 wrote:

That's about the size of it. Turn on when the race hits the Cipressa and Poggio....
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    Gweeds wrote:
    Someone who still has a sprint after 290km....

And can climb and go downhill well, that might be Cav's undoing if things get tasty on Poggio and down the other side. The movistar bloke looks class, but think he would prefer an uphill sprint to flat? Either way he battered Degenkolb the other day, made him look silly really.

I guess Omloop isn't televised hence I don't recall seeing Stannard win it last year, but Wiggins riding this year, could be interesting, do they stream it?
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Gweeds wrote:
    smithy21 wrote:

That's about the size of it. Turn on when the race hits the Cipressa and Poggio....

The greatness of this race is that I've tuned in and turned on already. Shame so few GT contenders take the classics seriously.
    SPTDW1111-660x440.jpg
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • rick_chasey
    okgo wrote:

I guess Omloop isn't televised hence I don't recall seeing Stannard win it last year, but Wiggins riding this year, could be interesting, do they stream it?

iilegal feeds on cyclingfans & steephill only.

Would be very surprised if Wiggins features in omloop in anything other than the obligatory signing in shot.

April is a while off and he got spat out in Qatar
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    Omloop is your one day a year to practice your dutch as Sporza is usually the only channel showing it.
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • gweeds
    OyoyoyoyOyoyoyoyOyoyoyoyOyoyoyoyOyoyoyoyOyoyoyoyOyoyoyoyOyoyoyoyOyoyoyoy
  • Contador is the Greatest
  • gweeds
    I'm personally finding it hard to get too stressed about this. In other news, men find women's bums attractive and vice versa.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    It's a bit tacky but why people are getting worked up about it is beyond me.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • rick_chasey
    It being on Friday is the main problem.

Sickie day.
  • iainf72

Sickie day.

I know

They should move G-W to a Friday and have E3 on a Sunday. No one cares about G-W
  • rick_chasey
    iainf72 wrote:

Sickie day.

I know

They should move G-W to a Friday and have E3 on a Sunday. No one cares about G-W

I liked E3 Sunday G-W Wednesday, Flanders following Sunday. Bish bash bosh.
  • iainf72 wrote:

Some people certainly get more worked up then they should and are very vocal, but the simple fact is there is nothing positive to say about that poster.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • iainf72
    iainf72 wrote:

Some people certainly get more worked up then they should and are very vocal, but the simple fact is there is nothing positive to say about that poster.

The whole thing is ridiculous. People bleating on it's sexual assault? Really? And then some link it to the lack of womans races.

Sigh.
  • iainf72 wrote:

Women who are offended by stuff like this need their heads seeing to. The article written in cycling news about this (including Sagan incident) is just the usual cringeworthy overly feminist rubbish.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/opi ... ng-in-2015

Interestingly the article doesnt even mention this one:

e3_zpsqmmof00p.jpg

Which I am VERY offended by! Treating men like objects.
  • iainf72
    Should I complain about this?

B-sK2TAWkAAuHTM.jpg
  • iainf72 wrote:
    Should I complain about this?

What am I missing? His lack of style?
    Contador is the Greatest
  • gweeds
    Did he ride through a sticker shop to see what he came out with stuck on?
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Omar Little
    Omar Little Posts: 2,010
    thiscocks wrote:
    Women who are offended by stuff like this need their heads seeing to. The article written in cycling news about this (including Sagan incident) is just the usual cringeworthy overly feminist rubbish.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/opi ... ng-in-2015

Interestingly the article doesnt even mention this one:

e3_zpsqmmof00p.jpg

Which I am VERY offended by! Treating men like objects.

Presumably doesnt mention it because it is parody of the official poster from last year.
  • iainf72 wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

The whole thing is ridiculous. People bleating on it's sexual assault? Really? And then some link it to the lack of womans races.

Sigh.

Like I said some people overreacted which shouldn't surprise you.
    My point still stands that it has euro trash written all over it. If someone wants to see photos of ladies, a cycling poster is not the place for that.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • gweeds
    I'd agree with this.

Doesn't bother me personally but I can see why it would. Some have over-reacted but an easy way to avoid that is not put tits and arse on a race poster.
  • Here is the video of the unveiling. Poster flanked by lots of men. Sure they had a good school boy giggle over that.

http://www.steephill.tv/players/720/foc ... 32&yr=2015
    Contador is the Greatest