And now Max Iglinskiy done for EPO

Comments

• joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    I suspect they will suspend the development team and give the WT team a warning that if anyone else is caught during 2015 then they will lose it too.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    B3ZQrrQCEAE3hku.png

via @dimspace
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • joelsim

I thought they were a completely different team with nothing to do with Vino/Astana :shock:
  • Seriously stupid all these positives.

bettiniphoto_0182225_1_full_670.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • If Cookson had the balls he’d now demote the Astana WT team to Conti for a year and maybe promote a Conti like MTN? But £$€ rules the roads so it’ll never happen.
  • There are many things in life I don't understand.

Two that are relevant to this thread are...

1. Why the hell Vino is anywhere near cycling after the damage he has and continues to cause.
    2. Why on earth riders continue to compromise their credibility (Lars Boom, Lieuwe Westra, Fabio Aru et al.) by signing for a team where this individual has control.

I am sure once I get a grasp on that, the meaning of life will be simple...
  • There are many things in life I don't understand.

1. Why the hell Vino is anywhere near cycling after the damage he has and continues to cause.
    2. Why on earth riders continue to compromise their credibility (Lars Boom, Lieuwe Westra, Fabio Aru et al.) by signing for a team where this individual has control.

My jury's out on Aru having credibilty.
  • Vino has suspended the Continental team: http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/vinokou ... ental-team

“The young riders are crazy if they still haven't understood that there is no place for doping in cycling,” Gazzetta dello Sport reported Vinokourov as saying. “People have to understand that they (the Continental team) has nothing to do with this team (the Astana WorldTour team). The only thing we have in common is the jersey and the name.”

So that's alright then.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,396
    There are many things in life I don't understand.

Riis is still involved and he surely falls into the same bracket as Vino.
    I do agree with point 2 - you must be pretty dim, or desperate for the cash to risk your career in such a dodgy set up.
  • bdu98252
    bdu98252 Posts: 171
    It must be a translation error. The doctor comes in and gives them a list of things not to take. The Kazakh cyclists think he told them to take it all. Easy mistake to make when you are working across nationalities:)
  • Dorset Boy wrote:

I do agree with point 2 - you must be pretty dim, or desperate for the cash to risk your career in such a dodgy set up.

Looking forward to seeing FF's response to point no. 1. :)
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    If a 20 year old (or more than one) on a British development squad was popped for doping would it mean Wiggins doped?

Some well thought out Inner Ring articles

http://inrng.com/2014/11/should-nibali-leave-astana/
    http://inrng.com/2014/10/astana-licence ... davidenok/
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • If a 20 year old (or more than one) on a British development squad was popped for doping would it mean Wiggins doped?

Guilty by team association is stupid imo.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Yep, just a coincidence that all these riders on a team run by a known, unrepentant doper are doping. Pure random chance.
  • fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,857
    Vino has suspended the Continental team: http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/vinokou ... ental-team

“The young riders are crazy if they still haven't understood that there is no place for doping in cycling,” Gazzetta dello Sport reported Vinokourov as saying. “People have to understand that they (the Continental team) has nothing to do with this team (the Astana WorldTour team). The only thing we have in common is the jersey and the name.”

So that's alright then.

Have any of the riders suspended had anything interesting to say? I'd love to look them in the eyes while they're being asked if the team was involved.
  • fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,857
    If a 20 year old (or more than one) on a British development squad was popped for doping would it mean Wiggins doped?

Guilty by team association is stupid imo.

Because there's no historical evidence of cycling teams organising their doping together?
  • Looking forward to seeing FF's response to point no. 1. :)

FF is entitled to a different viewpoint. I suppose :)
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Looking forward to seeing FF's response to point no. 1. :)

FF is entitled to a different viewpoint. I suppose :)
    Not so much entitled as contractually obliged, by all appearances ;-)
  • It is a forum after all :)
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    These Kazkh kids aren't stupid, they're desperate. They probably don't come from a cosy background like us keyboard warriors on here and want take the only route they can see to pull themselves up in life. Also the fact that they are getting popped points to a lack of organised doping on behalf of the Continental team. There may be blind eyes being turned, but it does not whiff of a programme.

The Iglisnki brothers have probably doped all their careers, originally for the same reasons as the Continental team kids and have just continued with or without team help.

All that said, I can't stand Astana, an advertisement for a corrupt regime run by a bunch of unrepentant dopers, so I will not feel sorry for them if they are kicked off the World Tour.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Timoid. wrote:
    These Kazkh kids aren't stupid, they're desperate. They probably don't come from a cosy background like us keyboard warriors on here and want take the only route they can see to pull themselves up in life.

...I s'pose in many ways they the quintessential Pro Cyclist...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,791
    Astana do need some sort of sanction..just for being lax never mind anything else
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    The Astana Continental team has to be shut down. Three positives this year, one last year and a 19 year old dying of a stroke in the spring (which may not be down to doping but questions have to be asked)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    Dorset Boy wrote:

Hey-Ho :- People from the Sh*thouse Team Deutsche Telekom are still involved with the longest tenure in cycling racing.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • joelsim
    RichN95 wrote:
    The Astana Continental team has to be shut down. Three positives this year, one last year and a 19 year old dying of a stroke in the spring (which may not be down to doping but questions have to be asked)

Agree. And I very much doubt whether Astana is even remotely clean.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Joelsim wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

The thing with Astana seniors though, is that everyone knows that there are two very distinct factions in that team - the Kazakh faction and the Italian faction. I don't think they have much to do with each other. It's an odd team.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • joelsim
    RichN95 wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

The thing with Astana seniors though, is that everyone knows that there are two very distinct factions in that team - the Kazakh faction and the Italian faction. I don't think they have much to do with each other. It's an odd team.

Agree on that Rich, but I will be very surprised if Nibs and Aru have great seasons again next year. Hope I'm wrong.

Having said that, they haven't had anyone busted today, so that's positive news.
  • RichN95 wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

You are joined on the same page by the MPCC, Rich:
    http://cyclingtips.com.au/2014/11/mpccs ... me-entity/
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • joelsim
    Kreuziger blood values

1. Date 03.05.12. Haemoglobin 15.0, haematocrit 45.1o/o, retics 1.46.
    2. Date 14.05.12. Haemoglobin 14.5, white count 43.2, reticulocyte count 1.44%.
    3. Date20.05.12. Haemoglobin 14.8, haematocrit 44.8o/o, retics 1.b2.
    4. Date 25.05.12. Haemoglobin 16.1, haematocrit 48.1o/o, retics 1.44.

HCt went from 43.2 to 48.1 in the last week of a GT