Help: Boardman HT Comp 650b, Sell Or Keep?

Comments

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    heathen!
  • Cody
    Cody Posts: 565
    Thanks Chunkers for putting it in to context.

Well Jody P, I'm religious and want to increase in spirituality and from what I've researched and from what I know about eating is that, our bodies are designed to be food deprived. This is exactly what the Caveman Diet entails and so does the China Study. Our bodies are designed to fast for many days at a time. Although I don't believe in man developing from apes and certain aspects of evolution, I agree with it's eating habit where the diet of a caveman is such that they need to feel the hunger and only eat when they are really hungry and not because they think they should just eat when they feel like. My spirituality increases when I eat light, less and the right food. I develop anger problems when I consume meat which is why I now eat meat once every 2-3 weeks, and only a small bit and it has to be Halal or Kosher, can't be anything like Swine or Beef or whatever, it's forbidden in both Bible and Qur'an. I don't drink alcahol as it's forbidden in my religion, but that's out of the question anyway it's not good for you full stop.

Yeah, I have a medical condition. I've suffered from an overactive Thyroid when I was 7 and an underactive Thyroid at 11. Since then my metabollism has slowed down immensely and have gained weight. Was super slim at 16 until I moved house at 17 and just put on 3 stone in weight. I use to cycle to and from my old house to my new house every day whilst I was renovating it but stopped once I moved in. I have it reviewed every 6 months but doctors advice is always the same, he thinks it's fine. I don't think it's just fine. I think there is a natural way to heal a Thyroid problem but I haven't researched it and if I do, my parent's won't believe me and they'll just keep forcing me to take medication for rest of my life. The thyroid is a small butterfly shaped organ in the middle of the neck which produces 50% of the bodys energy levels, and that's about all I know. I watched a video last night on Tyroid problems and it was an American girl explaining that a good diet should be followed, no processed food, less meat more vegetables, low sugar drinks, plenty of water and so on.

I personally believe that we shouldn't eat too much and only a little but then again, my lifestyle is not cycling. My diet is based on the lifestyle I'm living. Working in office from 11-6pm, 5 days a week. so If I just eat and eat, I'm going to get fat. I didn't go out this morning as it was very windy all night long, WISE DECISIONS.
  • Cody
    However, my brother is the total opposite. Let me just give you a brief of my life when I was younger. I played cricket and football everyday and ate a lot, I was super slim or I looked anorexic, but now I don't have energy to do sports, I just feel as though I don't have the energy. My brother graduated from uni as a sports physiotherapist and nutritionist. he goes gym 4 times a week, doesn't like walking and hates running outside in the park. He goes running on a treadmill and does cardio, he weighs 10 stones with less than 10% body fat.

Paul Skibum, don't you think 2000-3000 calories is too much, and 1000 or less is too little, so, somewhere in between that would be ideal wouldn't it?

At the moment I'm at work, drinking a bottle of Ribena light which is an awesome 20 calories.

I'm trying to lose weight through three things, cycling, running and walking. I walk 30 mins each day, which is not enough, I go running 2-3 times a month in park and cycling twice a week. But that will change so as I find out why my energy levels are so low.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    I think all this could be solved if we all meet up and talk it over with a pint and a nice steak and chips......oh wait a sec
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Just a comments on something you've said. Our bodies aren't designed to be food deprived. They're designed to be able to cope with deprivation, they don't function optimally and it's certainly not something I'd recommend doing to yourself just for the sake of feeling more spiritual.

Feeling like you've not got the energy to do any exercise is probably down to the fact you're not putting enough energy into your body itself, simple enough. Eat more. OK so you're hypothyroid, a) you've got medication to help with this b)try eating more but in several smaller meals through the day.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Should this thread be retitled "Help: God, sell or keep?"
  • Cody
    Hi, I decided to have an additional meal today. An hour ago I had a tuna and sweetcorn sandwich and a packet of crisps from my local co-op and another bottle of ribena light. I am quite full now and don't think I could eat a 3rd meal in evening, even though it's a long way off. I might just have a soup and a whittards caramel hot chocolate and go bike riding for a bit after 8pm, just locally. Or, if I can I will try to eat a 3rd meal maybe a chicken burger with chips.

Rockmonkey, don't gain the world and lose your soul.
  • rockmonkeysc
    Cody wrote:

I was told by a Jehovas Witness that athiests have no soul.
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Cody wrote:
    Hi, I decided to have an additional meal today. An hour ago I had a tuna and sweetcorn sandwich and a packet of crisps from my local co-op and another bottle of ribena light. I am quite full now and don't think I could eat a 3rd meal in evening, even though it's a long way off. I might just have a soup and a whittards caramel hot chocolate and go bike riding for a bit after 8pm, just locally. Or, if I can I will try to eat a 3rd meal maybe a chicken burger with chips.

Based on this I think you should start eating proper food.

I take it it's a fried burger with fried chips. The Tuna sandwich could be on shitty white bread with loads of mayo - this is all not great and perhaps the root of your energy problems - eat proper food.
  • rockmonkeysc
    There is no energy in a tuna sandwich or crisps. The same amount of wholemeal pasta would be infinitely better.
  • Cody
    Well it was in a brown oatmeal bread with low fat mayonaise and the ribena was 20 calories, that's what it said on the bottle. The sandwich was 340 cals.

I don't know what else to eat. My brother eats really healthy everyday but he eats fresh breast chicken which we buy from our uncles meat shop in manchester every month. We get it at cost price. He eats brown rice and pasta and chicken, that's his diet. and some vegetables.

yh its a fried burger with fried chips. we also have option to have grilled but costs bit more. it's £2.50 for a burger meal but for a grilled its about £3.50.

I'm finishing work now and it's sunset so it's prayer time and then home time.
  • rockmonkeysc
    You need carbs for energy, calories are useless if they're not the right sort of energy. You need a balanced diet, brown pasta and brown rice are great, so are bananas, dried fruit & nuts. If you can't eat a lot then you need to really think about what you are eating. Not just for energy to ride but your general good health.
    I'm not going to suggest you go against your beliefs, but just think about how to make it work better for you. There are plenty of Muslim athletes, there must be some guides on diets which will allow you to exercise but work with your faith.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    You need carbs for energy, calories are useless if they're not the right sort of energy. You need a balanced diet, brown pasta and brown rice are great, so are bananas, dried fruit & nuts. If you can't eat a lot then you need to really think about what you are eating. Not just for energy to ride but your general good health.
    I'm not going to suggest you go against your beliefs, but just think about how to make it work better for you. There are plenty of Muslim athletes, there must be some guides on diets which will allow you to exercise but work with your faith.

I suggest bacon. Breakfast of champions.

And quite tasty.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    cooldad wrote:
    I suggest bacon.

Which is, of course, one of God's more inspired creations.
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • rockmonkeysc
    cooldad wrote:
    I suggest bacon.

Which is, of course, one of God's more inspired creations.

The entire pig was one of gods finest creations. Who would have thought so many delicious meats could come from one animal.
  • Cody
    Yeah I can't eat pork, here's why - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDmNcGloewg
  • cooldad
    Life is too short to watch pointless videos. Perhaps you could explain simply and succinctly in your own words.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • rockmonkeysc
    Cody wrote:
    Yeah I can't eat pork,

If God doesn't want us to eat pigs, why would he make them so delicious?
  • cooldad
    Cody wrote:
    Yeah I can't eat pork,

If God doesn't want us to eat pigs, why would he make them so delicious?

To tempt you into sin, so you will be tortured in the eternal fires of hell.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Etc.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • rockmonkeysc
    In that case I choose an eternity in hell.
  • cooldad
    In that case feel free to covet your neighbours wife.

Or his ass.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Umm watching that video... the bloke is talking garbage. Historically there would have been good reasons for not eating pork relating to some parasites they harbour being zoonotic, particularly trichinella as part of its life cycle involves living in the muscle. These days the the food safety procedures in place massively minimise the risk of this, all pigs within the EU are tested for it at slaughter. Food safety is a massive issue, particuarly following the BSE issue in the 80s and 90s and for red meat species especially the process animals and carcasses go through is very thorough.

As for pigs eating garbage etc and all this toxin bollocks...

There is strict regulation as to what pigs (and production animals in general).are allowed to eat, farmers aren't allowed to just feed them any old crap they've got leftover, in fact neither is a smallholder with pet pigs either, it's a strictly legislated area. No meat, nothing that has entered a human kitchen, strict regulation of milk and fishmeal. Most pigs commercially raised will be on a carefully formulated diet that is often the largest area of investment on a unit. It isn't just made of crap, after all these are production animals, the diet is designed to be readily digestable for them to acheive optimum growth rates while also minimising risk to the end consumer. The idea that we want to be feeding pigs with foods which when broken down will release toxins into their bodies in the first place is just daft. Commercial farming is just that, commercial, it's all about acheiving maximum productivity which means keeping the animals healthy and feeding them food that is easily metabolisable so they can get optimum energy

Then regardless of what a pig eats, first it gets a nice wash in acid in it's stomach, which kind of provides an inhospitable envrionment for pathogens, it's not perfect but it's a good enough system for us humans. Next it hits a load of enzymes that act to break down whatever it happens to have eaten before it is absorbed and metabolised. Surviving bacteria stay in the gut and generally don't cause a problem. In animals where they cause a problem, e.g. by releasing toxins into the bloodstream the animal becomes systemically ill, at which point it can't go for human consumption anyway. There is very strict regulation as to a) what can be transported to a slaughterhouse, b) what can be slaughtered on farm and then sent to a slaughterhouse c) what can actually pass through a slaughterhouse and be cleared fit for human consumption.

If you're not going to eat pigs at least do it on welfare grounds, then again, I guess as a muslim you're eating meat that has been slaughtered based on halal and kosher you probably don't give a shit.

Actually, I think he does potentially make one valid or semi-valid point about how efficient pigs are about converting food into output, they are more efficient than cows and sheep as they don't have a rumen full of microbes helping digest their food. Poultry are even more efficient than pigs when it comes to FCE, incidentally if you're worried about food-borne illness from "dirty" animals, avoid poultry, or learn to cook and wash your hands.
  • neilus
    neilus Posts: 245
    OP, age/height/weight? 5' 5 and 12st, or 6' 4 and 12st are two very different situations. Something doesnt add up. You are on consuming 50% of the calories that historians believe prisoners in Auschwitz consumed yet youre worrying about your weight and evidently think you have to lose some? Does this sound wierd to anyone else? My only explanation is that it is something related to your thyroid, its the only explanation how you can be on a starvation diet and still gaining or maintaining excessive weight. If your GP keeps saying its alright, and you think it isnt, and to me something sounds very iffy, then change your GP now.
  • Just popped up on my facebook feed... thought it was apt.

10354173_10152752151398936_6753505371452716631_n_zps00c73501.jpg
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    Cody, you're either the dullest man alive or average at winding people up.
  • rockmonkeysc
    Just popped up on my facebook feed... thought it was apt.

10354173_10152752151398936_6753505371452716631_n_zps00c73501.jpg

Athieism facebook page? I saw that one as well.
  • Cody
    Well in England, eating beef is more likely to harm you than eating pork. Chickens contain all kinds of diseases partly because of mass production practices which we loudly fail to denounce. But Allah (god) our heavenly father wants us to see wether we can hold our hands back, it's a partial fast, we fast from all forms of food during Ramadan, and we fast from some kinds of foods throughout our lives, that's the distinction between the halal (lawful) and haram (unlawful) legislation, that the benefits of fasting are available to us even when we're not fasting, because we abstain from certain types of foods and certain types of pleasures which intrinsically given that gods creation is so pure, and that it's his creation. our own contingent and not absolute. There's nothing wrong with the absolute consumption of pork. It's only wrong because Allah (god) our heavenly father has said, to test us, don't consume it. His command is a word and his punishment is a word.

Jesus never ate pork, Mary never ate pork. All 124,000 prophets who walked the earth from Adam to Muhammad (peace be upon them) never ate pork, it's a documented fact.

I'm going to aim to eat a bit more tomorrow, 2 meals and a snack and plenty of fluids.

I rushed home today it was freezing cold, so I decided to get a grilled peri burger from a local shop and ate it on my way home, missed my prayer though. I commited a sin yesterday by lusting at a woman who was married and I sinned today so I have to repent, I need to spend rest of the night repenting along with some sleep. Yes I'm ashamed if you ask me, it's not a nice feeling and it makes you feel guilty when you lower yourself to that level and the only solution to these problems is marriage. Too many women and girls in society dressed almost naked, how can a man of god walk these streets? we are living in the end times my brothers, wake up and realise. I must go now I delayed my prayer earlier on so want to go pray it.
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    Priceless, absolutely priceless. A good stout wänk is what you need, just to let off a little steam.
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • Cody wrote:
    Jesus never ate pork, Mary never ate pork. All 124,000 prophets who walked the earth from Adam to Muhammad (peace be upon them) never ate pork, it's a documented fact.
    Where, exactly?
  • cooldad
    Cody wrote:
    Where, exactly?

Must be fact. I read it on the internet.

(A few posts up to be exact.)
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
This discussion has been closed.