Help: Boardman HT Comp 650b, Sell Or Keep?

Comments

• Cody wrote:
    Religion doesn't cause wars, it's people who don't believe in it and who believe the affairs of the state as their religion, they cause wars. David Cameron, Tony Blair and all the other murders who have killed thousands of innocents in Iraq and Afghanistan and in many other countries, these are the real killers. They are as Atheist as you can get. They don't believe in god, they call it what Richard Dawkins calls it, 'the god delusion'. These people god calls, 'compounded ignorance', where they think they actually know something but they don't.
    I have been extremely patient thus far.

Religion doesn't cause wars? Really? whatever your beliefs of these people, you are wrong and misguided. How many countries have had a go at Israel in the past? Doesn't the Israel conflict continue today? That is one religion v another.

Tony Blair followed the Americans in to Afghanistan. And the reason they went there was because the Taliban government in Afghanistan refused to hand over Osama bin Laden, despite Al Qaeda and the Taliban not being friends. They did not hand him over because of something called the Pashtun Wali code. Had they done so, they would like have been in power for some time after 2001. The Americans, and therefore the Brits would never have gone back there.

Tony Blair took us into both places, Iraq may be questionable but Afghanistan wasn't. Where has David Cameron sent anyone? He inherited an army that was already deployed. What ever anyone thinks, you can't just pull out of a country and leave it.

Your post reeks of ignorance, typical Islamic spiel of people who know absolutely nothing about the situation whatsoever.

The 'desire' of Muslims to spread Sharia law to Christian countries, religious groups like IS (however extreme they might be, Muslim nonetheless) that kill non-Muslims unless they pay a tax.

In England we have also had to deal with the IRA over Northern Ireland.

Don't sit there and say religion doesn't cause wars, you ignorant and ill educated moron.
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    Religion is for weak minded fools who cannot manage to determine direction for their lives without having it spoon fed to them by some self serving sap in a dress.

Do you really need religion to tell you to be nice and to do unto others as you would have done to you? Do you need someone to tell you that its not nice to hit people and steal stuff? And the irony is over the centuries millions have died in the name of religions which preach peace and tolerance.

Science is purity, every forward step in science advances humanity toward a time when religion will be driven from our lives forever. The only benefit of religion is some nice architecture.

Just my opinion obviously.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I am happy to call myself a Christian in short hand, or a monotheist born and raised in the Protestant Christian tradition in long hand (that's fun when the Jovo's come calling and once they work it out I lose them fast), that said I am a scientist, I believe in evolution and I don't believe in the creation in 6 days.

I believe the bible is a group of good stories that were convenient explanations for the church (and the equally good stuff they didn't liken got buried out of site - the church is a political animal) and not the word of god. That said even if you believe in evolution, you can ask the question of who started it right? I appreciate there is no evidence god exists, nor evidence he doesn't which is why it's called faith. I also believe in one god, and can accept that much evil in this world has been political battles between different political churches (catholic to Protestant, Christian to Muslim, Shia to Sunni, the list goes on - all of whom believe in one god yet seem to hate the others for worshiping the 'wrong god'.) nearly all of that is religion being used as a rallying call. IS for example is NOT about an Islamic state but about a Sunni state, they hate the Shia!

As with any belief, those who believe in one thing will rarely change that belief (including if the belief is atheist), so I don't try and change anyone's mind, nor do I want anyone to try and change mine. I do though believe in morality and at the core of nearly all religions if followed correctly is a strong morality, just a shame it gets hijacked by extremists in ALL religions.......
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Cody
    Cody Posts: 565
    Morning folks.

Red Devil Ghost, how can I be offended by your words, when you have been misguided? Practice patience and perseverance and you will prosper. But listen my friend, Israel is a creation of the British State, a result of the Balfour Declaration. Originally the state was to be created in Sudan or Ghana but because of a heavy religious Jewish presence in Palestine who were living peacefully among Muslims and Christians, the British decided to intervene. Three wars later and half a century later, thousands of Muslim Palestinians have either fled, or had no where to flee or have been killed by the enemies, the Zionist Jews of Israel. These Zionists are not Jews by blood, they have a political agenda and do anything to push their agenda in this particular part of the world. The original Jews who lived in Palestine prior to the creation, no longer exist. They are religious Jews and lived a very long time ago in the Middle East at a time during the dark ages and before that during the time of Moses. So, whilst Palestinians are being driven out for occupation of land, illegal occupation of land that is and being killed by the dozens, this begs the question, do we as LOGICAL HUMAN BEINGS have a right to hold a rational belief that it's ok to be against the creation of the state of Israel and to defend Palestine by any means necessary? the answer is decide for yourself.

Lord Rothschild the leader of the Jewish community in Britain at the time of around 1917 said in a letter to the government the following words, "His Majesty's Government view with favour the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people, and will use their best endeavours to facilitate the achievement of this object, it being clearly understood that nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine. Source >> (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/mid ... 682961.stm)

Facilitate the achievement of this object? by killing thousands of innocents? imprisoning thousands of innocents? taking over land? bulldozing houses? cutting off water supplies and food? raping respectable Muslim women dressed in pilgrim garbs which was their sign of modesty ... all as a result of the creation of a Jewish state my friend, all in the name of Judaism and Zionism. And, then you wonder why so many people are against them, even me. But even non-religious modern day Jews are beginning to speak out against Israels code of conduct towards Palestinians. I know there are some good Jews out there who say to Israel, "not in my name", when it comes to what Israel are doing to the Palestinians, the inhumane treatment. The territory defined as the land of Israel in the Bible promised to the religious Jews, was a stone throw away from the red sea, but not where it currently is today.

The truth is that the Jewish faith and Zionism are two very different philosophies. They are as opposite as day and night. The Jewish people have existed for thousands of years. In their two thousand years of Divinely decreed exile no Jew ever sought to end this exile and establish independent political sovereignty anywhere. The Zionist movement created the Israeli state. It is less than 100 years old. Its essential goal was and is to change the nature of the Jewish people from that of a religious entity to a political movement and many Jewish spiritual leaders objected to this at the time. Zionists want the world to believe that they are the representatives of the entire Jewish people. This is false. Whoever tries to ridicule the Zionists puts his/her livelihood and, at times, his very life in danger.

The creation of Taliban was by the C.I.A and possibly ISIS OR ISIL. Russia lost the war in Afghanistan in 90's and so did America, they haven't won the war, they just don't know how to win. I could go on and on about that but I won't.

Isis aren't Muslims, they are a creation of western powers and are terror-ists. They do not represent Islam and never will. They kill innocent people and have no right to take life. If you want to know about Islam, read the Qur'an.

Just want to state the obvious on Darwinism and Evolution. Have you seen the disasters darwinisms evolution theory brought to humanity in the past 100 years? amounts of blood were spilled and people subjected to the most terrible fear and oppression. Such dictators as Hitler, Stalin inflicted genocide on millions. Hitler had those whom he regarded as useless exterminated in the gas chambers. Hundreds of thousands of people in many Western countries from Great Britain to Germany, from the USA to Sweden were by force sterilized or left to die just for being sick, crippled or old. All over the world, people were oppressed and exploited because of ruthless competition. Racism became the ideology of certain states, and some races were not even regarded as human at all. They proposed the notion or thought that life is a battlefield, that the oppression and even extermination of the poor and those races whom they regarded as inferior was justified. That as a result of that pitiless struggle, the fittest would survive and the rest would be eliminated and that all this would lead to human progress. With his theory of evolution, Darwin sought to apply this philosophy of selfishness to the natural sciences. Ignoring the examples of solidarity and cooperation created by God in nature, he maintained that all living things were engaged in a ruthless struggle for survival. On the basis of no scientific evidence whatsoever, he even claimed that this same ruthlessness applied to human societies. So basically to sum some of it up, he regarded the lives of the poor, the sick, the ill, the disabled and the weak as unimportant. Hitler and Stalin adopted this ideology seriously and it caused major catastrophes.

Yes Rookie. You must believe in the 6 day creation if you want to be a believer, but god didn't rest on the 7th day, god doesn't need rest or he isin't god :) In the final revelation, god tells us, he "created life in stages", and the creation of the embryo in the mothers womb is in there too step by step. God can do anything he wants, all he has to say is, be and it is.

Remember I'm not trying to convert anyone, I'm merely expressing an opinion :)

Right I got to go get a haircut and do some work.
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    The mods must be on holidays.
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    cooldad wrote:
    Perhaps this thread is now ready for Crudcatcher?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad
    Cody wrote:
    Morning folks.

...loads of random drivel...

I, for one, welcome our reptilian shape shifting overlords.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Jesus christ, what in hell have I stumbled across here?! (see what I did there?)

jackson-im-just-here-to-read-the-comments-02.jpg

Brought up as a Christian, but view myself as atheist.

bible-sci-fi-fantasy.jpg
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Haven't the US / UK vurses the middle east wars been about oil with a limp excuse of crushing terrorism?
  • Angus Young
    Haven't the US / UK vurses the middle east wars been about oil with a limp excuse of crushing terrorism?

There is a correlation between our eagerness to intervene and how much oil there is. And the very first thing we did upon rolling into Iraq was to put a massive guard on the oil refineries. Had we put as much effort into restoring the local infrastructure Iraq would be a very different place today and we'd probably be doing trade with them rather than wondering which bunch of psycho nutters are bidding for control this month.
  • cooldad
    Cody wrote:
    Lord Rothschild the leader of the Jewish community in Britain at the time of around 1917 said in a letter to the government the following words, "His Majesty's Government view with favour the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people, and will use their best endeavours to facilitate the achievement of this object, it being clearly understood that nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine. Source >> (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/mid ... 682961.stm)

Well done on quoting a source. However the letter you quote from was in fact written by Balfour to Rothschild.
    I wonder if perhaps some of your other rantings may not be 100% accurate?
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Antm81
    Antm81 Posts: 1,406
    Cody wrote:
    The creation of Taliban was by the C.I.A and possibly ISIS OR ISIL. Russia lost the war in Afghanistan in 90's and so did America, they haven't won the war, they just don't know how to win. I could go on and on about that but I won't.

You are very deluded aren't you. The Russians tried turning afghanistan in to a communist state originally due to its wealth of resources, at this point the North of the country was a tourist haven whilst in the South the Americans were providing aid in the form of irrigation. The local population didn't want communist rule and so rebelled causing the Russian military to invade. The C.I.A then provided aid to the mujahideen to help them fight the Russians. The Russians then left Afghanistan realising like others that the country couldn't be conquered in the late 1980's.

This then left a power vacuum in the country, leading to different tribes creating their own laws etc. and abusing the general population. The population eventually turned to a religious leader and former mujahideen war Lord and his religious students (talibs) to restore order to the country, thus installing the Taliban as a de facto government. They were however just as corrupt executing their opposition (mainly the northern alliance) and not allowing any form of democracy.

As red devil ghost said the Taliban harboured elements of Al Qaeda after 9/11 (as they have with numerous nato troops that have become lost) and refused to give them up causing NATO to invade with the aid of the northern alliance to install a democratic government and restore order to the country.

There was no war to win in the country, the conflict was about stabilising a country which due partly to western involvement with the war with the soviets was suffering from a huge power vacuum. I have worked in the region on numerous occasions and have seen a huge difference in the country over the years which the local population are happy about.

You may think that you have all the knowledge about what has happened, but just bear in mind that what I have told you comes from numerous sources who are all native to Afghanistan during cultural training I have received from them. So I think you may be a little deluded about the realities of the situation.
  • Cody
    I'm not deluded, was just in a rush to write what I wrote above which wasn't concise, it's what happens when you're rushing. Yes in 1989 the Russians tried to force communism on to the country's population, but the Afghans with the Americans support fought back the Russians with the support of Mullah Omar as the religious leader of the Mujahideen soldiers, but his main desire was to lead the Taliban which at the time was a powerful movement raised to bring stability to a country ripped apart by the Russian war. But instead of the Islamic world which Omar had a vision for, the Taliban turns Afghanistan in to a humanitarian disaster. If you go back 10 years before, around 1973 which was when King Zaheer Shah was in power and fell from power in to exile from a power struggle which ruined international relations. This made Afghanistan an inviting target from one of the most or the only most powerful force in the region, the Soviet Union. The kremlin feared that the Unites States could have used Afghanistan to threaten the Soviet mainland, according to a C.I.A officer. But the Soviets knew they couldn't afford to lose Afgghanistan due to it's resources and opium and the lesson was never learned when the British was in Afghanistan during the late 1800's and were defeated by warriors even then, so how could the Soviet defeat the Afghans if Afghanistan has never been defeated, even Genghis Khans army and Alexander the Great couldn't do it.
    The Russians supposedly left not only thinking they couldn't defeat but they had no money left in the reserve for to fund the war, or so I'm led to believe.

Why did you work in the region, what role did you play?

Cooldad, yes I meant to say Balfour wrote the letter to Rothchild, we make a mistake sometimes, when we're rushing.

Rockmonkey, you're right. It's been about oil and if you watch Zeitgeist the movie, it's written and narrated by some Christian or whatever you call them, I don't know the name for them but they're some guys who know everything about the hidden powers in the world and behind the governments which dictate to us what to do and these guys they say that the last war, armageddon will be Islam vs the world, and Islam will prevail all over the world and Jesus will return and fight the devil and convert to the biggest religion at that time and lead by example. But it's not just a war on oil, it's a war on religion, to stop the spread of Islam which will conquer the world and it's been prophecised by many of the worlds greats like George Bernard Shaw, Thomas Carlysle, Napoleon and much much more, but what they tell you in the media is it's a war against propoganda and the spread of terrorism. They are going in to Islamic countries and have been doing since Islam spread in the 7th Century. The first country to be attacked by Queen Isabella and King Ferdinand was Andalusia, Spain. They feared Islam would spread in to Britain and Europe, not radical Islam but the beautiful Islam we don't see in the media. Guess what they did, it was called the Spanish Inquisition, they killed thousands of Muslims, exiled the Jews and Tortured the Christians for refusing to leave the land. Grenada was the last to fall in Spain. So even at a time when Muslims were living peacefully in Europe, British kings and Queens were intent on causing havoc. Even Jerusalem was conquered by the Crusades. It's always been a war against Islam, they will just never tell you in the media. Islam is always in the media, not even money can buy that amount of publicity.

I'm not saying all of this to impress anyone on this forum. I'm merely expressing a fact or an opinion :)

Not sure if I've missed anything out.

I've been for a bike ride yesterday, did 3 laps around park. Just had a bit to eat today, some waffles in morning and some soup at 3pm and hot fluids in between. Got work tomorrow, once I've recovered from this flu I'll make an effort to do some jogging this week, early mornings just as the other guy suggested I should make use of my mornings wisely.
  • rockmonkeysc
    Come on, stop all this. Sunday is a day for enjoying a quiet pint, not discussing religion.
  • Cody
    Yusuf - Roadsinger - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9cNzhy6TEw

Nice song from Cat Stevens. Hope you like it.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Cody wrote:
    Rockmonkey, you're right. It's been about oil and if you watch Zeitgeist the movie, it's written and narrated by some Christian or whatever you call them.

um, a person?
  • welshkev
    I think i'll stick with bill and ted's mantra

3b452386c02f6e9c879d3519e54f6de482b94442813bace3575c7d2b96501a2d.jpg
  • neilus
    neilus Posts: 245
    Thread of the Decade! For all the wrong reasons, but still entertaining!
    OP, I read your other post. I'll try and keep it simple: please start eating. I do understand where youre coming from, if ive understood you correctly, regarding the relationship between diet and spirituality. But turning your back on a toxic diet of junk food does not require you to plunge yourself into a massive calorie deficit which is surely having a massive detrimental effect on your metabolism. If you dedicated half the effort you put into blathering wierd obsessive claptrap on internet forums into educating yourself about nutrition and perhaps learning how to cook a few simple MEALS you would feel a whole lot better.
    Apologies in advance for the sarcy comment, but you seem like a decent chap but dangerously clueless about diet. Sort it out. Good luck!!
  • rockmonkeysc
    The post above is right, not eating enough is very bad for your health and can cause problems like type 2 diabetes, is that what god wants you to do to yourself?
  • Why is this incredibly off-topic nonsense in the General forum.

All the mods must be out riding their bikes which is what I suggest Cody attempts.
  • paul.skibum
    "to stop the spread of Islam which will conquer the world" - no it wont because there are enough people who dont believe in religion to prevent that. isham, christianity, judaism - all are predicated on beliefs that should have stopped in a rational thinking world about 100 years ago. One day people will pop open their eyes look around and realise that they have been wallowing in the mire when they could have been showered and shaved and sitting up on the big boys table with the science dudes.
  • Angus Young
    "to stop the spread of Islam which will conquer the world" - no it wont because there are enough people who dont believe in religion to prevent that. isham, christianity, judaism - all are predicated on beliefs that should have stopped in a rational thinking world about 100 years ago. One day people will pop open their eyes look around and realise that they have been wallowing in the mire when they could have been showered and shaved and sitting up on the big boys table with the science dudes.

Unfortunately I fear the human race is simply far too stupid for that to come to pass. I mean, it's not as if it's difficult to find out about science now, in this day and age we're saturated with resources. And still otherwise rational people opt for the make believe explanation, no matter how much logic they have before them.
  • Cody
    What has been written (prophecised) will surely come to pass. We're not stupid if we knew it wasn't going to happen. Think about it, why would we spend our whole lifes worshipping something we can't see? we would be wasting our times if we knew there wasn't going to be something at the end of it i.e paradise. and I think we would be wasting our time in frivolity in this world knowing there is hell at the end of a life free from the obligation of worship. Those who have no purpose in this life thinking that their only purpose is to believe nothing, they are the losers. Believe in something, it gives you hope to live.

Anyway, I've gone through 2 weeks so far of eating 1 meal a day and the occasional breakfast and snack in between and plenty of fluids e.g tea and water. I hope to keep it up. I am feeling a bit tired maybe because of lack of calories or calorie deficit. But I couldn't be too sure. Doctors advise us to eat between 2-4 or 6 small meals a day. That's dangerous because dangerous toxins are produced in the body as a result. I'm not very comfortble with eating more than 2 small meals a day, I can't do anything otherwise.

I woke up this morning, very windy, didn't go cycling or running, been really windy and stormy all night.

What was it like in your part of the country guys?
  • welshkev
    I once wrote that I was going to marry cindy Crawford and be a millionaire who lived on a yacht in the south of france.....that never came to pass
  • cooldad
    Cody wrote:
    Think about it, why would we spend our whole lifes worshipping something we can't see?
    Insanity?
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • cooldad
    Cody wrote:
    Doctors advise us to eat between 2-4 or 6 small meals a day. That's dangerous because dangerous toxins are produced in the body as a result.
    I believe that's called poo, and your body has an orifice for getting rid of it. Your problem may be that you use it for talking out of instead.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Angus Young
    Cody wrote:
    Think about it, why would we spend our whole lifes worshipping something we can't see?

It's your comfort blanket.
  • JodyP
    JodyP Posts: 193
    Cody wrote:
    What has been written (prophecised) will surely come to pass.

That's what you call faith. You have no proof that the prophesy will come true. Just like the end of this world has been prophesied numerous times and none of them have been correct.
    Cody wrote:
    We're not stupid if we knew it wasn't going to happen. Think about it, why would we spend our whole lifes worshipping something we can't see?

You tell me. There is no proof it will happen or what you believe is true. But each to their own.
    Cody wrote:
    Those who have no purpose in this life thinking that their only purpose is to believe nothing, they are the losers.

:roll: Maybe people think that about those who blindly follow religion. I don't think there is a person out there whose sole purpose in life is to believe nothing. Respect is a two way street. You cannot just call people losers if they don't believe what you do or are happy to go through life without following a faith.
    Cody wrote:
    Anyway, I've gone through 2 weeks so far of eating 1 meal a day and the occasional breakfast and snack in between and plenty of fluids e.g tea and water. I hope to keep it up. I am feeling a bit tired maybe because of lack of calories or calorie deficit. But I couldn't be too sure. Doctors advise us to eat between 2-4 or 6 small meals a day. That's dangerous because dangerous toxins are produced in the body as a result. I'm not very comfortble with eating more than 2 small meals a day, I can't do anything otherwise.

I may have missed this bit but why have you been advised (or feel the need) to eat so little? Why is eating dangerous and what toxins are you concerned about? Do you have a medical condition that you haven't disclosed.
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    JodyP - I don't think he was calling people actual losers. Just that they'll 'lose out' if they don't believe.
  • paul.skibum
    The minimum number of calories an adult male needs to sustain himself is 1300 per day - this is simply to live. An active male who goes to work, does active things and generally has a life to follow needs between 2000 and 3000 depending on their build and levels of activity.

I would suggest that having one meal and the occasional snack will lead you down a rapid path to meeting your beloved maker sooner. All well and good if you are sure he's there and ready to meet you. If there is any doubt, I'd have a big old bowl of cereal and have a good bike ride on your new found energy.

Go ride somewhere like the Peak district where you can see geology in action, witness the wide glacial carved U shaped valleys or cycle to the Jurassic coast and pick fossils off the beach and see animals that once lived on this marvelous planet, evolved and died over the millenia of existence.

Then go to the pub and have a nice pie and a pint safe in the knowledge that no one is judging you.
This discussion has been closed.