Help: Boardman HT Comp 650b, Sell Or Keep?

Comments

• Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    Now, I wouldn't claim to be an expert in the matter, but I'm pretty sure horse poop is not a viable alternative to tuna.
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    No knowing how the monkey's mind works as it's impossible I suspect he's referring to the fact his bike would have lots of horse poop on it so if you turned it into a sandwich it'd not be nice - suspect he's missed the point.
  • Cody
    Cody Posts: 565
    Hi Scoi, well I'm thinking that if and when I get in to regular riding and as Spring time approaches and as weather warms up a bit, I'll invest in a nice pair of shorts, possibly those Europa Deka 2, 3/4 calf length shorts for about £35, I'm hoping they come down by then significantly. I couldn't commute in work trousers, I have no where to shower at work to rid the smell, and no where to put the bike we don't have a garden. It's just a roadside office joined on to other shops facing more shops on other side. Well this is what I've got to begin with, I've got a Karrimor bright yellow running jacket, which I paid £8 for and looks very similar to a cycling jacket, except the cut at the bottom is differrent, otherwise you can't tell the difference. I use to wear a pair of 3/4 cut short denim jeans couple of year back when I did a bit of cycling but I do own jogging bottoms baggy type, but I think I prefer to wear the other sort with cuffed bottoms and less baggier, I will aim to get a pair this weekend from SportsDirect for around a tenner. I've got a pair of Karrimor running gloves in bright yellow, very thin with a built in key pouch but I'll save up a few bobs and buy a decent set of MTB gloves. As for lights, I don't need something too bright, the admin Supersonic said some lights to be seen or see with are ideal and I thought lights to be seen with are great way to let other cars and people know you are there and let the presence be seen. I'll probs want a nice set of easy to take on and off lights so I'll look for a good cheap set online ebay or something. Sorry to hear about your better half hope she is doing fine and going strong and hope she regains strength cycling :)

Thanks everyone for your help, I didn't realise there was a second page of posts and replies from you all.
    I might try the early morning 30 minute ride, I have a local park I could go there every morning, on some days I might go jogging and on some days I might go cycling. I'm just struggling with diet at the moment, I just have a very very small breakfast at 10am and water throughout the day and an evening meal at 6pm. Jesus (peace be upon him) said, "you will not enter the kingdom of heaven, he who fills his stomach". Eating little and less is key to god consciousness in my religious beliefs. I'll give some cycling a go this weekend and let you know how it goes.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I will never understand religion
  • Angus Young
    edited October 2014
    Cody wrote:
    Jesus (peace be upon him) said, "you will not enter the kingdom of heaven, he who fills his stomach".

Is it a tight squeeze through the pearly gates, then?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    It's probably against the rules to suggest a psychiatrist, but I would suggest a dietician.
    Breakfast is so named for a reason. You need energy to get through the day.

Although I am no expert on religion, I would think that your imaginary friend would know the difference between sensible eating habits and gluttony. Do you?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • rockmonkeysc
    Am I going to hell for having shreddies this morning?
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I doubt it.....unless you used full fat milk and lots of sugar!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • cooldad
    Am I going to hell for having shreddies this morning?
    Probably. That's disgusting.
    http://myshreddies.com/
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • rockmonkeysc
    So if you go to hell for eating cake does that mean that in the eyes of god Paul Hollywood and Fred West are equally evil?
    If that's the case then I'm off to church.
  • Cody
    Got a bit of time to myself this evening. I suppose I eat a healthy but moderate diet for my way of life. Today I had in the morning a slice of toast, cup of tea and 1 egg. Then, throughout the day I had water and this evening at 6.30pm I had a medium sized vegetarian meal and 1 meat samosa. I think, my breakfast is too small and my evening meal is too much and maybe I should swap the two round, eat bit more for breakfast and little less for evening meal. It's adequate for what I do, 30 mins of walking each day and car cleaning/washing on the weekend and the occasional bike ride round the block. No you won't go to hell for eating Shreddies but I believe you will if you overeat, but my imaginary friend is what keeps me going in life. Every morning pre-dawn and every night I pray for salvation, so what I eat I believe is adequate for me. Maybe if I was doing miles and miles like more than 14 miles a day I suppose eating 2-3 good but small meals is ideal, but at the moment and for over a year now I just cannot eat that much. I have a small belly which has developed but god knows that it was not because of my laziness but because of what we are being fed in todays society, things like processed meat and factory farmed goods and chemically grown food and veg. This is against the natural earthly laws which we have discredited and abandoned. We are inclining more and more towards illness and corruption and less towards peace and forgiveness which is the solution for humanity. We care less what we say and do but focus on the mistakes of others without feeling the need to address them and make them aware of their wrong doings. The kingdom of heaven is only for those who de-code the meaning of life within their own personal lives and within the lives of others or at least help others to and to attain or have that special link with their creator and the reality is, in this world, to get to paradise it is surrounded by hardships whilst hell is easy, it's surrounded by desires.

So yeah, this world for me is like the battle of Somme. Prayer is for soldiers :)

Truth hurts doesn't it folks.
  • Angus Young
    So if you go to hell for eating cake does that mean that in the eyes of god Paul Hollywood and Fred West are equally evil?

Are you trying to say they're not? Have you not been watching Bake Off?
  • Angus Young
    Cody wrote:
    Got a bit of time to myself this evening. I suppose I eat a healthy but moderate diet for my way of life. Today I had in the morning a slice of toast, cup of tea and 1 egg. Then, throughout the day I had water and this evening at 6.30pm I had a medium sized vegetarian meal and 1 meat samosa. I think, my breakfast is too small and my evening meal is too much and maybe I should swap the two round, eat bit more for breakfast and little less for evening meal. It's adequate for what I do, 30 mins of walking each day and car cleaning/washing on the weekend and the occasional bike ride round the block. No you won't go to hell for eating Shreddies but I believe you will if you overeat, but my imaginary friend is what keeps me going in life. Every morning pre-dawn and every night I pray for salvation, so what I eat I believe is adequate for me. Maybe if I was doing miles and miles like more than 14 miles a day I suppose eating 2-3 good but small meals is ideal, but at the moment and for over a year now I just cannot eat that much. I have a small belly which has developed but god knows that it was not because of my laziness but because of what we are being fed in todays society, things like processed meat and factory farmed goods and chemically grown food and veg. This is against the natural earthly laws which we have discredited and abandoned. We are inclining more and more towards illness and corruption and less towards peace and forgiveness which is the solution for humanity. We care less what we say and do but focus on the mistakes of others without feeling the need to address them and make them aware of their wrong doings. The kingdom of heaven is only for those who de-code the meaning of life within their own personal lives and within the lives of others or at least help others to and to attain or have that special link with their creator and the reality is, in this world, to get to paradise it is surrounded by hardships whilst hell is easy, it's surrounded by desires.

So yeah, this world for me is like the battle of Somme. Prayer is for soldiers :)

Truth hurts doesn't it folks.

While you were obsessing about gluttony did you forget the one about sloth?
  • cooldad
    If this is the sort of fun we can expect in heaven, I'm OK with the other place.

And ebola, AIDS, typhoid, smallpox, crocodiles, typhoons, mosquitoes, and Kim Jong-un are all natural earthly things. Good luck with that.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Cody
    I'm glad I'm no longer an Atheist, it was a miserable life. But god is found in sad hearts. Many are called, few are chosen :) and now, it's can only go one way from here, up and up and up. Our return is to him and he will remind us of what we use to do. The end of all journeys is back to god.

I rode my bike this evening at 9.30pm, put on my jacket, fleece and trainers and cycled up hill for about 5 mins, then it was all downhill from there rest of the way home. Then reached bottom of hill which leads all way up to my house and cycled all way up then reached home. The end of a cycle journey is the destination which we intended to. I'm going to give it another go tomorrow night. For now, my legs need a rest. My sleeptime was at 10pm.

After praising the lord, I will retire to my bed.

Life is good :)
  • Angus Young
    Cody wrote:
    I'm glad I'm no longer an Atheist, it was a miserable life.

Staying in bed everyday until nine or ten o'clock is a classic sign that life might not be as happy as you'd like us to believe. It's what depressed people do.
  • cooldad
    havetouched.jpg
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • cooldad
    Cody wrote:
    I'm glad I'm no longer an Atheist, it was a miserable life.

Staying in bed everyday until nine or ten o'clock is a classic sign that life might not be as happy as you'd like us to believe. It's what depressed people do.
    I can sleep all day. I'm either really, really depressed.

Or dead.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Cody
    Yeah, I wake up around 5am to wash and then pray, then go back to sleep at 5.30.

Just like some people drink to forget, I pray to remember :)
  • rockmonkeysc
    The vicar (part time) I work with definitely disagrees about the overeating and going to hell thing. He does also say most of the bible is a load of rubbish which never happened. He does say most of the bands I listen to (Slayer, Ministry, Eyehategod) will go to hell but only for their poor dress sense.
    He also says a man who lies with another man should be stoned, I guess a joint or two would help.
  • cooldad
    I think you should do the christian thing and donate your bike to the poor.
    So box it up and I'll PM you my address.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • So you go to bed at 22:00, get up at 05:00 and go back to be at 05:30 until later?

Mate I have 2 kids, a disabled wife and a full time job - 22:00 bedtime is a luxury and I'm up just before 06:00 most mornings. Lunchtime is also gym/run at least 3 times a week (depending on work schedule) and weekends are usually pretty hectic.

I used to run an minimum of 50 miles/week before I had kids etc. In the last 3 years I put on nearly 1.5 stone - I started to feel miserable. I've started running/gym at lunchtimes, riding 2-3 time a week and am feeling better about myself. I've also lost 7lbs in the last 8 weeks. I'm probably never going to get back to the 9st 12lb I was at my fittest/leanest but if I can get back to below 10.5st then I'll be back to where I was a couple of years back.

Don't go back to bed! make use of that time and you'll start to feel better - going back to sleep is a bad move! Go for a walk/run/ride and your day will feel a lot better.

Sort your diet - you seem to be over thinking that - you need more than 600 calories a day (even if you spend all day sat on your bum). I have a friend who does the 500 for 2 days thing - he's lost nearly a stone in 2 months - but you still need to eat properly the other 5 days.

Don't eat biscuits, crisps, chocolate or stuff like that - fruit & veg and some carbs.
    I've gotten back in to keeping fruit on my desk at work - an orange is way better than a few biscuits.

You need to fit in exercise around your lifestyle/work - if I can get back into a routine it can't be that difficult!
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    WTF am I reading here? :shock:

it's good though, I like it. keep it up
  • rockmonkeysc
    hbw-christ-bike-t-mb.jpg
  • Angus Young
    The vicar (part time) I work with definitely disagrees about the overeating and going to hell thing.

God doesn't care what you eat. He's too busy killing people to worry about what a few people have for breakfast.
  • Cody
    Angus, god does not kill people otherwise, he can't be a just god. He loves us. In the final revelation, god teaches us that, he created life and death to test us. The final revelation which is the Noble Quran it states, He Who created Death and Life, that He may try which of you is best in deed: and He is the Exalted in Might, Oft-Forgiving; For those who reject their Lord (and Cherisher) is the Penalty of Hell: and evil is (such), Destination. When they are cast therein, they will hear the (terrible) drawing in of its breath even as it blazes forth, Almost bursting with fury: Every time a Group is cast therein, its Keepers will ask, "Did no Warner come to you?" They will say: "Yes indeed; a Warner did come to us, but we rejected him and said, '(God) never sent down any (Message): ye are nothing but an egregious delusion!'" They will further say: "Had we but listened or used our intelligence, we should not (now) be among the Companions of the Blazing Fire!" They will then confess their sins: but far will be (Forgiveness) from the Companions of the Blazing Fire!

So, that is just one small excerpt from the Noble Qur'an, the final revelation. We should strive to do good in this life and we will be blessed in this life and in the hereafter. This world is a cultivation ground for the hereafter. God has asked us to not associate partners with him in worship, to not worship men or mortals, but worship the unseen god alone.

Religious leaders of today have strayed far from the truth. But the scholars of the religions seem to know the real truth because they know the real truth isin't being taught in schools and to society. But when it comes to Christianity, we should determine with 50,000 errors in the Bible, what really is there in there which is truth? You're right a lot of things in the Bible didn't really happen, but a lot of things did. But we should realise that, what is the meaning of a prophet? he came to send a message, it was a continuation of the message of previous prophets. Each message was the same, to worship god alone and not to associate any partners with him.

But for those who fear their lord, is a great reward, the reward of paradise.

RockMonkey, to fear the lord is to hate evil. Men should not sleep together. It's not natural and it's a sin. Men should control their desires and get married and have children, with women only.

Thanks DirkPitt74, I really appreciate the advice. I will try it tomorrow. I only eat something small in the morning, and an evening meal of small proportion. Otherwise if I eat a lot I feel lazy and miss my prayers. I need to buy a bottle holder and a rucksack so I can hold my lunch in it and extra water bottles, just something cheap from ebay will do. I'm going to go riding tonight. Looking forward to it after my evening meal. Need to wait for British Gas to come out to one of my dads propertys to reset the meter and then will go and do some riding. I had a headache from last nights riding, don't know why. I've tried losing the weight for a long time, nothing seems to work. I weigh 12 stones, which is 78-79kgs, and I'm hoping cycling will help or aid in weight loss. I think losing weight over 2 months is a long time especially if you're cycling all the time, but I suppose fitness increases. I haven't drank coke for more than 3 years, I drink a glass of soda every couple of months but I just drink water now and eat more veg and less meat, only kosher/halal meat. My morning prayer is at 6.30am tomorrow so I'll get up and pray and go for a walk or a ride in park, thanks for the suggestion.

I'm finishing work shortly, pay day today :)
  • Head ache is probably down to dehydration.
  • Angus Young
    Cody wrote:
    Had we but listened or used our intelligence...

If anyone were to use 'intelligence' they'd see what you've written for the make believe that it is.
  • rockmonkeysc
    The way I see it people from each religion will tell me with absolute belief that their is the one true religion. If their is a god and I choose the wrong religion I could make god angry so I choose to live by one commandment which sort of covers everything: Thou shalt not be a dick.
    That sort of covers everything bad really. Murders, rapists, thieves, adulterers, peados, politicians, estate agents, con men, Simon Cowell etc are all dicks.
    The way I see it, don't be a dick and it will probably turn out all right in the end.
  • JodyP
    JodyP Posts: 193
    welshkev wrote:
    WTF am I reading here? :shock:

it's good though, I like it. keep it up

+1
This discussion has been closed.