Rose Owners/Lovers Only Show us your bikes please

Comments

• Still seen nothing on this thread why you would by a Rose over a Ribble or Planet-x
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,519
    For me, value for money & customer service.
  • exlaser
    exlaser Posts: 264
    Couldn't agree more.
    Van Nicholas Ventus
    Rose Xeon RS
  • KoenM wrote:

What's the real weight of the bike btw, I have a rose and the real weight was quite different from the website, is this also with the x-lite range?
    I'm not sure to be fair bud as I haven't weighed it, and have now put lighter wheels. Yeah it's the x-lite 4000. Here it is in a better quality picture than above.
    dPd2ii3.jpg
  • gethinceri
    Nice location, where's that?
  • Just next to my house - Lasswade just outside Edinburgh
  • gethinceri
    Nice spot, aqua duct or viaduct?
  • Viaduct - not accessible anymore. Lovely spot down by the river there as well.
  • KoenM
    KoenM Posts: 95
    KoenM wrote:

What's the real weight of the bike btw, I have a rose and the real weight was quite different from the website, is this also with the x-lite range?
    I'm not sure to be fair bud as I haven't weighed it, and have now put lighter wheels. Yeah it's the x-lite 4000. Here it is in a better quality picture than above.
    dPd2ii3.jpg

So what's the weight now, I really would like to know?
  • Haha well I don't know and have no way of weighing it - it likely won't fit on the scales I have in my bathroom, and I can't really be bothered trying to sort that out. Let's say 6.9kg.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,623
    Haha well I don't know and have no way of weighing it - it likely won't fit on the scales I have in my bathroom, and I can't really be bothered trying to sort that out. Let's say 6.9kg.

A) weigh yourself on scales holding bike
    B) weigh yourself on scales without the bike

Subtract B from A. Bob's your uncle! (Also works when you want to check the weight of your suitcase before you go on holiday)
  • Aye it was more that I couldn't be arsed. :lol:

I'll try get round to it next week if I remember.
  • kleinstroker
    kleinstroker Posts: 2,133
    My Rose Xeon DX 4400 - love the lack of welds and general feel of the frame. Wish it was a different colour though

RoseDX4400Small_zpsk12rmhfw.jpg
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    rear derailleur cable loop looks a bit long!
  • kleinstroker
    kleinstroker Posts: 2,133
    dodgy wrote:
    rear derailleur cable loop looks a bit long!
    Better long than too short :wink:

Cable should be straghtbshould it not as it runs into derailleur?

You might be right though looking at others
  • sprite0
    sprite0 Posts: 12
    My 2015 Rose Xeon CGF. Just fitted a new set of Fulcrums to replace the DT Swiss R23s that came with the bike.

20170526_154844.jpg
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    My Rose Xeon DX 4400 - love the lack of welds and general feel of the frame. Wish it was a different colour though

RoseDX4400Small_zpsk12rmhfw.jpg
    Where did you get the brown bar tape from?
  • sprite0 wrote:
    My 2015 Rose Xeon CGF. Just fitted a new set of Fulcrums to replace the DT Swiss R23s that came with the bike.

20170526_154844.jpg
    Loving that.
  • KoenM
    Bought the new Rose X-Lite 6 Ultegra DI2 here are the pics with the components listed, I added a few accents in blue, my favorite color.

39056137860_36ab1a89bb_b.jpg
    40865842251_66debf043b_b.jpg
    25993698367_7c50fe4140_b.jpg
    40824549422_9eb7303ff1_b.jpg
    39056134390_6e13636376_b.jpg
    40824547932_e2934ee492_b.jpg
    40865851711_3d4f83f431_b.jpg
    39056131740_b9e0f8df0c_b.jpg
    39056127960_8f0fea9580_b.jpg
    40865857161_e774c54f57_b.jpg

Frame: Rose X-Lite Six, rimbrakes
    Forks: Rose X-lite
    Bars: WCS Road Streem II Carbon
    Stem: Ritchey WCS C220
    Headset: FSA NO.53
    Bar Tape: Fi´zi:k Microtex with gelpadding

Front Brake Lever: Shimano Ultegra 8050 Di2
    Front Caliper: Shimano Ultegra 8000
    Rear Brake Lever: Shimano Ultegra 8050 Di2
    Rear Caliper: Shimano Ultegra 8000

Shifters: Shimano Ultegra 8050 Di2
    Cables: Shimano Ultegra 8050
    Front Mech: Shimano Ultegra 8050 Di2
    Rear Mech: Shimano Ultegra 8050 Di2

Seat: Fi´zi:k Arione R1 sky edition (blue with special ass-saver)
    Seat Post: Ritchey Superlogic Link 15 Flexlogic Carbon
    Seat Post Clamp: Rose X-lite

Cranks: Shimano Ultegra 8000
    Chainring(s): Shimano Ultegra 8000 50/34
    Chain: Shimano Ultegra 8000
    Cassette: Shimano Ultegra 8000 11x32
    Pedals: Look Kéo 2 Max Blade (8 Nm spring)
    Bottom Bracket: Shimano Ultegra 8000

Front Wheel: DT Swiss PRC 1400 Spline 35 carbon
    Tire: Continental GP4000 SII 700x25C
    Quick Release: Tune AC 100

Back Wheel: DT Swiss PRC 1400 Spline 35 carbon
    Tire: Continental GP4000 SII 700x25C
    Quick Release: Tune AC 130

Accessories:

Bottle Cages: Tune Wasserträger 2.0 some of the lightest bottle cages but not once did i lose a bottle, and I live in Belgium with alot of bad road and cobbles!
    NC-17 Aluminium Bottle Cage Screws in blue
    Valve Caps: Yakuza Presta in blue anodized
    Bell: BBB EasyFit Deluxe in blue
    Saddlebag: Ortlieb Micro ICS (special saddlebag that fit Fizik and Selle Royal saddles only) (with Topeak multitool and a spare tire in it).
    Pump: Lezyne Road Drive Medium, old faithfull, never let me down.
    GPS Handlebar mount: K-Edge Garmin Combo (fits a Garmin gps and a GoPro)
    Lightweight Di2 Junction Box Holder, alot neater than with the included rubber strap

Weight:
    With Saddle Bag/pump/pedals/...: 7,7kg
    Without Saddlebag/pump/pedals: 6,9 kg, and those wheels aren't even superlight!
  • gethinceri
    Splendid.
  • shamrock134
    shamrock134 Posts: 714
    Ready to race...

VRjlQhb.jpg

Not sure I am though! :lol:
  • johnboy183
    johnboy183 Posts: 832
    Love this ^^^
  • arlowood
    arlowood Posts: 2,561
    Bit of an old thread resurrection but looking for some info and advice from UK owners.

Seriously considering pulling the trigger of a Rose X-Lite Four 105 as a significant birthday present to myself

https://www.rosebikes.co.uk/rose-x-lite ... 05-2674412

Considered the Ultegra version but as this 105 model comes with the new R7000 iteration I'm happy to save some money to spend elsewhere.

Can any UK owners confirm if they automatically cable the UK bikes as we traditionally ride (ie right lever - front brake: left lever - rear) or do you have to specifically request it when ordering. Looking at the pics of KoenM's bike it is clearly cabled in the "reverse" manner but of course he is Belgium based

Also I note that the X-lite Four 105 comes with a semi-compact crankset as standard with no option to change that in the configuration menu. I would prefer a compact crankset but I'm not sure if they are flexible in that respect. Has anyone been successful in have minor changes made to a standard spec?
  • alex222
    alex222 Posts: 598
    arlowood wrote:
    Bit of an old thread resurrection but looking for some info and advice from UK owners.

Seriously considering pulling the trigger of a Rose X-Lite Four 105 as a significant birthday present to myself

https://www.rosebikes.co.uk/rose-x-lite ... 05-2674412

Considered the Ultegra version but as this 105 model comes with the new R7000 iteration I'm happy to save some money to spend elsewhere.

Can any UK owners confirm if they automatically cable the UK bikes as we traditionally ride (ie right lever - front brake: left lever - rear) or do you have to specifically request it when ordering. Looking at the pics of KoenM's bike it is clearly cabled in the "reverse" manner but of course he is Belgium based

Also I note that the X-lite Four 105 comes with a semi-compact crankset as standard with no option to change that in the configuration menu. I would prefer a compact crankset but I'm not sure if they are flexible in that respect. Has anyone been successful in have minor changes made to a standard spec?

Best bet is to give them a phone call. I understand that you can make changes to the spec outside of the set ones listed on the website.
  • KoenM
    If i'm not mistaken there is an option to change the brake side, if u put the bike in the basket and proceed to check-out, but i'm not sure!
  • gethinceri
    Phone them, they're great guys.
    Cable set up was an option when i ordered mine.
  • arlowood
    Gethinceri wrote:
    Phone them, they're great guys.
    Cable set up was an option when i ordered mine.

Have been in email contact with Udo Brockman in their sales team and he confirmed there would be no problem switching the semi-compact to a compact. Also having just ordered the X-Lite Four 105, I can confirm that there is a comments/request box at the final stage of the ordering process where you can ask for special changes. I put the compact crankset request in there and also the UK brake cabling orientation.

This is what it will look like hopefully (image taken from the Rose website). The other colour option was black with white accents. Been riding black frames for the past 4 years so decided on a change.

bG9jYWw6Ly8vcHJvZHVjdC8yMjgwNDA1XzEucG5n.png?32398362

No word on delivery yet but I'm not in a huge rush as I would probably not be riding it much, if at all, over the winter. Those duties will fall to my cheap-as-chips Planet X Pro Carbon that I built up a couple of years back.

Will update when I hear about delivery and eventually post pics of the actual bike when delivered.
  • plodder73
    plodder73 Posts: 326
    Been looking at the disc version of that myself, presume you know that the Rose graphic is white on one side and black on the other. What's the delivery date on that? it was 12 weeks last time I looked for the disc so not rushing to order at the moment.
  • plodder73
    plodder73 Posts: 326
    Apologies just read about delivery!
  • arlowood
    Plodder73 wrote:
    Apologies just read about delivery!

Just had confirmation email from Rose with my order details. Pleased to see that the compact chainset has been included as requested. There is also a note about the brake cabling so I'm hoping that goes through OK.

The order states an assembly date of 24th October so I would anticipate a shipping date fairly soon after that. Bit surprised by that after reading pretty long lead times (6, 8 or even 12 weeks) from previous contributors to this thread. Of course there could be some stock issue that pushes the date back but as I've said, I'm not too desperate.

Will update as necessary