TDF Stage 10-Mulhouse-La Planche des Belles Filles *spoiler*

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Fog looking very dramatic there. Ad break - can now work for 5 mins
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,095
    While the Yellow Jersey is suffering on the back of the bunch his missus is enjoying herself with the President

BsQlDQnCYAAXTVV.jpg
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • mulletmaster
    mulletmaster Posts: 502
    Unwritten rule of you are in yellow (the leaders kind not the Saxon kind). Anybody else is fair game really. Some people myself included see it as classless to take advantage of a main rival. Others such as Cadel Evans believe that it's just racing and to beat it straight up them.
    If AC comes back to win this like a true heavyweight, he surely has to be regarded as the best stage racer of his generation. I hope he can limit his losses here and get a load back on TTs etc to really set it up for a classic battle.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    No one yet mentioned that Gallopin trailing at the back and struggling.

Nibali, stop drilling FFS.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002

I did, but I think you blocked me months ago for daring to disagree with you.
  • dolan_driver
    dolan_driver Posts: 831
    Contador not looking too comfortable at all at the moment. At what point on the road is it OK for Astana to take it up with gusto on the front? It doesn't look like they are hanging around now.

DD.
  • Anonymous
    I think it depends on the circumstances. Your frame snapping in half - wait up. Tacks in road, wait up. Huge collision, maybe think about waiting up.

Falling off because you are a spanner....keep riding, maybe don't up the pace.

Unfortunately, Astana need to chase Kwiatkowski, so no waiting up.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    edited July 2014
    Unwritten rule of you are in yellow (the leaders kind not the Saxon kind). Anybody else is fair game really. Some people myself included see it as classless to take advantage of a main rival. Others such as Cadel Evans believe that it's just racing and to beat it straight up them.
    If AC comes back to win this like a true heavyweight, he surely has to be regarded as the best stage racer of his generation. I hope he can limit his losses here and get a load back on TTs etc to really set it up for a classic battle.

It's not a gift shop. Astana gave him half a climb to get back. And they really didn't have to.
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,095

erm yes, two posts above
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Someone give a recap of the time gaps. Thanks
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • frenchfighter
    Vino wanting payback for Contador leaving Astana.

What is wrong with this weather...this fog is ridiculous.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • d_o_g
    d_o_g Posts: 286
    Be interested to see how AC goes downhill.

If he slips out of contention today, the 2014 Tour will always be shrouded in statements saying that it was an easy one to win.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,450
    Contador's popularity with the rest of the peloton being put to the test here.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Nibali has to go after Kwiat. No way should he sit up for AC.
  • tailwindhome
    coriordan wrote:
    Astana need to chase Kwiatkowski, so no waiting up.

This
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • mooro
    mooro Posts: 483

I am not sure they are drilling it. It looks more they are controlling the pace.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    edited July 2014
    There is still an awfully long way to go on this isn't there.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    no need to wait, he was 4mins off yellow at the start of the day!
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,581

Disagree... whilst Kwia is up the road Astana need to keep working.
  • Anonymous
    andyp wrote:
    Contador's popularity with the rest of the peloton being put to the test here.
    How come?

Surely his crash means they're taking it easy so every gets a rest? Or they're going to get drilled later?
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    coriordan wrote:
    I think it depends on the circumstances. Your frame snapping in half - wait up. Tacks in road, wait up. Huge collision, maybe think about waiting up.

Falling off because you are a spanner....keep riding, maybe don't up the pace.

Unfortunately, Astana need to chase Kwiatkowski, so no waiting up.

They don't need Kwia as an excuse to race. They should be absolutely drilling it without any questions being made about it.
  • tailwindhome
    Where's Porte?
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    edited July 2014
    It's alright, they're all stopping for lunch now. Let's not forget it's early in the stage. If Contador works through his lunchbreak like loads of us often have to then he could get back a bit.
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    rozzer32 wrote:
    If AC crashed then why are Astana on the front drilling the pace? Surely they should be gentleman and wait for him to catch up. Thought it was an unwritten rule in the peloton?

I haven't seen the crash so don't actually know what happened.
    Michal Kwiatkowski (OPQS), 4 Is Up front and is Virtual Yellow Jersey., That' Why.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    edited July 2014
    How long are riders expected to wait? It took Contador several minutes to get back on his bike. They've barely taken any time out of the break. They're ridden at about the pace they would have without the crash, and I think that's right.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    davidof wrote:
    While the Yellow Jersey is suffering on the back of the bunch his missus is enjoying herself with the President

BsQlDQnCYAAXTVV.jpg

He's just so short I can't take him seriously. He looks like Ronnie Corbett.
  • kleinstroker
    kleinstroker Posts: 2,133
    Loving the official TDF app live updates

91995cfaf7f2b91c4eeae267e06ae0cd_zps6af09969.jpg
  • frenchfighter
    Mooro wrote:

I am not sure they are drilling it. It looks more they are controlling the pace.

The Astana rider on the front has nearly fallen off his bike with the effort and they have taken 30 secs off the lead.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Hello anyone seen a cyclist around these parts?

Fog.jpg

Everyone wants to be in the grupetto. CHENG will blow this cloud away.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    Someone give a recap of the time gaps. Thanks
    It's roughly break [4 mins] peloton [4 mins] Contador group