TJ and Valverde making their way back
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    adr82 wrote:
    TMR wrote:
    adr82 wrote:
    Yes, he is hurt. So wtf?

Not significantly.
    Hurt enough to pull out of the Tour. You're being a dickhead if you're enjoying it. But carry on if that's your thing.

I'm happy he's out of the Tour. I'm not happy if he's hurt. I'm not a complete 'dickhead'. It's karma folks. Don't take it out on me.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    edited July 2014
    RichN95 wrote:
    ThomThom wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    Graeme_S wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    Massive success for ASO. Nothing boosts viewing figures like taking out the star names.
    They're not on cobbles yet, this could have happened on any flat stage.
    So you don't think that there are added nerves contributing to this?

So Froome has been too nervous for 3 days in a row then...
    So you're another person who seems to think he's the only person to crash so far today

No, but apparently one of few to realise they are riding on a wet (and normal) road which always makes a nervous race. The weather is extreme today - how the heck is that ASO's fault.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    This is 2014s "ECHELONS...this is not a drill" moment. Such a shame it's so negative.

Quite.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • adr82 wrote:
    jamie1012 wrote:
    He crashed three times in two days before ever setting wheel on a cobblestone. If we were robbed, it was by misfortune.
    Or Froome's inability to ride a bike as well as all those still up and riding...
    Have you counted how many other riders have fallen off today as well...?
    And how many of those have decided to go home, like Froome? That said, perhaps you are right and Froome's main problem isn't his bike-handling, just his inability to MTFU! :lol:
    "an original thinker… the intellectual heir of Galileo and Einstein… suspicious of orthodoxy - any orthodoxy… He relishes all forms of ontological argument": jane90.
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,382
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    Wiggo was expecting to lead the Vuelta. What will Uncle dave do now?

Wiggins would only be riding la Vuelta as World's TT prep, not for GC.
  • mooro
    mooro Posts: 483
    So to the positives then...

Nibs looking good considering he doesn't have much experience on the cobbles,
    Thomas up the road might be given an option for today,
    Could be a great test for Porte now,
    contador well out of trouble,
    Cannondale gunning it for Sagan for today's stage,
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    Sounds like Valverde has missed the boat again. Chasing in the 3rd group.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    I wonder if Froome's crashes were in part the result of his wrist injuries. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a fracture impeding his ability to steer or brake.

If so good one him for trying. Wiggins would not have.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • curium
    curium Posts: 815
    Apparently Talansky is off the back now... :(
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Quintana vs Froome vs Contador, al in peak form. Not happening, is it?

Has The Clinic impoded into its vacuum yet?
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    ddraver wrote:
    If you can't understand that the whole peloton riding flat out to position themselves for the cobbles is what's causing these crashes then you re frankly a little bit dim

If it was a normal flat stage, they would ride slowly and carefully until they got to the last 5km

If you think it's because Froome cant handle a bike then you also clearly are not watching the stage
    But the crashes started over 50K from the cobbles. Even by OPQS-sprint-leadout standards that's a bit early to be starting to position yourself.
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    TMR wrote:
    FJS wrote:
    TMR wrote:
    FJS wrote:
    TMR wrote:
    Excellent! Froome Dog down again! :)
    This is the most pitiful post I've ever seen here

That's racing. I don't like him. I won't sugar coat it. He's not hurt, what's the problem?
    Of course he's hurt. Celebrating someone crashing is the lowest you can sink. You are an absolute complete d*ck.

Oh Boo-Hoo! Upset because your boyfriend is out of the Tour? Tissue?

To me, when you were called The Mad Rapper you were quite a good addition to the forum. Then you seemed to disappear for a while and came back with a slight modified name. Since you have been back as TMR you have come across as a very angry and frequently aggressive and unpleasant poster. Doubtless this comment will be met with yet more venom, just proving my point.
  • mike6
    mike6 Posts: 1,199
    It looked like his right wrist was in a bad way. If he could have could have continued, he would have, no doubt.

The race is over now as a contest unless Nibali can hit top form. At least the Giro was a good race.

DD.

Dont know what you mean by that. It's anyones race now the favorit has gone. A great shame but anyone on here who thinks ANY rider packs the Tour unless they are in extreme pain knows nothing about cycling.

Oh and that k**b that was cheering Froome's demise needs a good kicking, and a years ban.
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,973
    TMR wrote:

That's sinking so low. This sort of comment shows you to be no fan of cycling.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • frenchfighter
    Sounds like Valverde has missed the boat again. Chasing in the 3rd group.

haha catch up, yes he got distanced due to the crash on both sides of the roundabout. TJ too. 8 Movis lining it out to get him back.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • kleinstroker
    kleinstroker Posts: 2,133
    Sky could have taken the very reasonable position to just slow down enough today to keep Froome safe, they didn't do that.
  • above_the_cows
    Daniel Lloyd ‏@daniellloyd1 1m

Have a feeling that Froome's wrist was a lot worse than they let on y/day. Porte was up front alone protected by a teammate a lot of today.
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    TMR wrote:
    Froome throws in the towel! YEAH! :)

Class #1 rsole comment
  • frenchfighter
    Macaloon wrote:
    Quintana vs Froome vs Contador, al in peak form. Not happening, is it?

Has The Clinic impoded into its vacuum yet?

Contador is 150% racing the Vuelta to win.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    Well done Sean Kelly.

He just told Kirby Dog that they should be talking about the race they are watching instead of whining on and on about Froome/Wiggins.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    RichN95 wrote:
    ThomThom wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    Graeme_S wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    Massive success for ASO. Nothing boosts viewing figures like taking out the star names.
    They're not on cobbles yet, this could have happened on any flat stage.
    So you don't think that there are added nerves contributing to this?

So Froome has been too nervous for 3 days in a row then...
    So you're another person who seems to think he's the only person to crash so far today

He wasn't the only person to crash yesterday either though and the roads were dry then. People are determined to make it about the cobbles as it fits their narrative that the cobbles shouldn't be there. Sure, it brings the racing for position earlier in the race but that still happens at some point no matter what.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Sky could have taken the very reasonable position to just slow down enough today to keep Froome safe, they didn't do that.
    Do you expect all the other teams to slow down for them as well?
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Ultimate fantasy cycling is now for someone to get a huge amount of time on Bertie and Nibs and try to hold them off for a couple of weeks

Cancellara?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • frenchfighter
    Valv/TJ at 45secs.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    Froome not taking any more chances and wearing his helmet in the team car just in case!
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    deleted
  • above_the_cows
    Coriander wrote:
    TMR wrote:
    FJS wrote:
    TMR wrote:
    FJS wrote:
    TMR wrote:
    This is the most pitiful post I've ever seen here

That's racing. I don't like him. I won't sugar coat it. He's not hurt, what's the problem?
    Of course he's hurt. Celebrating someone crashing is the lowest you can sink. You are an absolute complete d*ck.

Oh Boo-Hoo! Upset because your boyfriend is out of the Tour? Tissue?

To me, when you were called The Mad Rapper you were quite a good addition to the forum. Then you seemed to disappear for a while and came back with a slight modified name. Since you have been back as TMR you have come across as a very angry and frequently aggressive and unpleasant poster. Doubtless this comment will be met with yet more venom, just proving my point.

He came back from a ban as TMR. He got banned during last year's Tour after going on some crazy rampage of libelous comments, personal attacks and foul language. It seems nothing has changed.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Van avermaert and looks like Terpstra in the Valverde group.
  • mooro
    mooro Posts: 483
    Pross wrote:
    Froome not taking any more chances and wearing his helmet in the team car just in case!

:lol: