New Genesis race bike.
  • DiscoBoy
    DiscoBoy Posts: 905
    GENESIS%202015%20ZERO%20Team-42762.jpg

New Genesis race bike.

Carbon fibre :(

http://vimeo.com/103783311
    http://vimeo.com/103750010

They claim it is their own mould. And it will be a lifetime warranty. No mention of the retail price.
    Red bikes are the fastest.
  • type:epyt
    type:epyt Posts: 766
    Gilbert's new uninspiring and cheap looking DMT's:
    BvVQXogIcAETBUx.jpg

I thought you'd like them as they come in a cardboard box. :wink:
    Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it.
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    DiscoBoy wrote:

New Genesis race bike.

Carbon fibre :(

http://vimeo.com/103783311
    http://vimeo.com/103750010

They claim it is their own mould. And it will be a lifetime warranty. No mention of the retail price.

I'm not sure about the frameset, but complete bikes start at £1300 with Tiagra up to £4500 with Dura-ace.

I quite like the look of the Ultegra Di2 model:
    GENESIS%202015%20ZEROi-42757.jpg
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373

New Genesis race bike.

Shame to see Reynolds 953 dropped, but reading the BR artical I can understand their motives.
  • FocusZing
    edited August 2014
    New Genesis race bike.

Shame to see Reynolds 953 dropped, but reading the BR article I can understand their motives.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Simpson Velorigs VR 1
    SV1-600x414.jpg
    FINAL-FRAME-NDS-LP-600x415.png
    SV3.jpg
    FINAL-3-NUMBER-PLATES.png
    Contador is the Greatest
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    Quite a lot of negative reaction about Genesis moving into carbon fibre, even though their steel range is bigger than ever this year. As an Equilibrium owner, I can't see the problem, as long as they execute well.

My LBS has the Tiagra version in stock. I'm hoping to go and see it this afternoon. Will update later...
    FCN 3 / 4
  • I like them - never heard of them before? Californian gurus
  • tom3
    tom3 Posts: 287
    Quite a lot of negative reaction about Genesis moving into carbon fibre, even though their steel range is bigger than ever this year. As an Equilibrium owner, I can't see the problem, as long as they execute well.

My LBS has the Tiagra version in stock. I'm hoping to go and see it this afternoon. Will update later...

Love to know what you thought. Quite interested in potential weights of the zero 4 and Zero 3
  • menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    FocusZing wrote:
    New Genesis race bike.

Shame to see Reynolds 953 dropped, but reading the BR article I can understand their motives.

Its not been dropped as far as the road.cc article states. Genesis have said that the steel race bike will remain for the crit races etc for the team and that the zero will be used in stage racing.
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • FocusZing
    menthel wrote:
    FocusZing wrote:
    New Genesis race bike.

Its not been dropped as far as the road.cc article states. Genesis have said that the steel race bike will remain for the crit races etc for the team and that the zero will be used in stage racing.

Cheers Menthel, that's good.
  • bluemoon17
    bluemoon17 Posts: 718
    The Zero 2 looks great, I like a bit of orange on a black bike.
  • the_fuggler
    The guys had to close early today, so could only see it through the window. Looks very pleasing on the eye. Bit racier compared to the Equilibrium. Will pop in tomorrow morning for a better look and get some details on weight etc.
    FCN 3 / 4
  • frenchfighter
    06-IMG_3536-1020x691.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • FocusZing
    Simpson Velorigs VR 1
    SV1-600x414.jpg
    FINAL-FRAME-NDS-LP-600x415.png
    SV3.jpg
    FINAL-3-NUMBER-PLATES.png

They look good FF, like the name "Velorigs".
  • frenchfighter
    Di2
    depotDetail021838.jpeg
    depotDetail021839.jpeg
    depotDetail021840.jpeg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    From the Bikeradar home page, the new BH road bike:

1408415220894-1jvb94dwfsl9i-700-80.jpg
  • the_fuggler
    The guys had to close early today, so could only see it through the window. Looks very pleasing on the eye. Bit racier compared to the Equilibrium. Will pop in tomorrow morning for a better look and get some details on weight etc.

So, I saw the £1,300 Tiagra model in the flesh this morning. The frame is really quite something. A shade over 900g. Same frame used across the range. I know who it's made by, and they are certainly a reputable manufacturer. Not sure on the actual weight of the bike, but from picking it up it felt a bit like a dumbell - the weight is in the wheels and to a lesser extent the groupset. Even so, it's a decent weight for the money (I'd guess around 8 and bit kilos). The top of the range model will be bang on the UCI limit.

The geometry is at the racier end of the scale. I'd say that for £2k you could create a really good racing rig by buying the 11-speed 105 version and spending £500 on some wheels.

I know that there has been a lot of dissent over Genesis selling a carbon framed bike, but I have to say I was impressed. It looks beautiful - the frame finish and colour scheme is really good. They hope to have a demo model in for a day next week. With a bit of luck I might get to swing a leg over one then.
    FCN 3 / 4
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    The geometry is at the racier end of the scale.

Interesting. The photos I've seen, the headtube looks rather tall.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • DiscoBoy
    Same frame used across the range. I know who it's made by, and they are certainly a reputable manufacturer.

I know that there has been a lot of dissent over Genesis selling a carbon framed bike, but I have to say I was impressed.

Who is it, then?

My disappointment was the pro team not* having a steel bike any more, because that is what made them stand out to me. Although I do funny understand why they wanted a carbon bike from a performance point of view.

*okay, the steel is still in their line up, but I doubt it'll get used much
  • the_fuggler
    My understanding is that in some of the mountainous stage races they struggled and the team felt they had to have a carbon bike for those situations.

I tried a 54 and it was pretty low at the front. Couldn't tell you exactly how low, but it felt racy to me. Felt like a similar position to a Giant TCR. If I was a guessing man, I would say that it was very similar in geometry to one of the Ridley frames....
    FCN 3 / 4
  • tom3
    tom3 Posts: 287
    My understanding is that in some of the mountainous stage races they struggled and the team felt they had to have a carbon bike for those situations.

I tried a 54 and it was pretty low at the front. Couldn't tell you exactly how low, but it felt racy to me. Felt like a similar position to a Giant TCR. If I was a guessing man, I would say that it was very similar in geometry to one of the Ridley frames....

I had heard that Ridley had helped them design, should we also consider that the frames are made in the same factory as the Ridley frames?
  • the_fuggler
    tom3 wrote:

I had heard that Ridley had helped them design, should we also consider that the frames are made in the same factory as the Ridley frames?

Sounds like a reasonable assumption to me!
    FCN 3 / 4
  • frenchfighter
    Eddie Merckx San Remo76 Ultegra Di2 with FFWD wheels available through customization program
    EM-sanremo-di2.jpg
    San Remo76 Ultegra
    2015_San_Remo_76__CGW_Shimano_Ultegra_Fulcrum.jpg
    EMX 525 Ultegra Di2
    EMX-525-Ultegra-Di2-Fulcrum-black.jpg
    Dura Ace Di2 build includes a Zipp 303 wheelset, Deda Superleggera cockpit, and Prologo Scratch Pro Nack saddle for $12,495. The same build for mechanical DA is $9,995. Di2 (pictured above) and mechanical Ultegra builds with Fulcrum Racing Quattro wheels, a Deda Zero cockpit and the Prologo Triox saddle are $7,295 and $6,295, respectively. A notable choice in the spec across all four models is the use of the Pro Compact crankset running 52-36 chainrings, paired to an 11-25 cassette. The frameset is $4,995, and there are seven sizes from 48 to 60. Geometry is unchanged from 2014.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • DiscoBoy

Dura Ace Di2 build includes a Zipp 303 wheelset, Deda Superleggera cockpit, and Prologo Scratch Pro Nack saddle for $12,495. The same build for mechanical DA is $9,995.

$2500 to go from dura ace to dura ace di2? WOW.
  • frenchfighter
    tumblr_nalydw5EBs1r4o0yso1_1280.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Show me more of that!
  • menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    So anyone know if the zero will be available frame only? It needs campagnolo...
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.