2015 Gear

Comments

• dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    mfin wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    mfin wrote:
    I don't really see how they could have innovated much more in the space of 3 years!

.... if a bike was developed properly it should be able to sit in the market well for a few years anyway.

Lugged steel bikes go way, way, way, back and they still sell well and seem to "...sit in the market..." very well. All that AND a design that hasn't changed much, if at all.

Yes, but you know that is a different point to that of the ongoing development and marketing of carbon monocoque bikes Dennis.

Sometimes I get the impression that this "ongoing development" is mostly about marketing and selling bikes as opposed to the development of anything "groundbreaking"(to use some frame makers words). They all want to sell bikes, and I don't blame them, but they seem to be creating many frames and components that appear to solve problems that don't exist. i.e. big downtubes with the companies name in 3" letters. Great marketing but was that huge downtube really an innovation or just advertising?
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Millar's shoes for Tour of Benelux:
    1407831171817-grfy1n8s6ru3-960-540.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    dennisn wrote:
    Sometimes I get the impression that this "ongoing development" is mostly about marketing and selling bikes as opposed to the development of anything "groundbreaking"(to use some frame makers words). They all want to sell bikes, and I don't blame them, but they seem to be creating many frames and components that appear to solve problems that don't exist. i.e. big downtubes with the companies name in 3" letters. Great marketing but was that huge downtube really an innovation or just advertising?

Start a thread on that topic then Dennis if you like, pleeeease don't make this one veer off as it's good to keep it as much as possible about showing the new gear or quick comments on it, it worked really well last year.
  • frenchfighter
    RITCHEY LIMITED EDITION SUPERLOGIC C260 HIGH-VIS YELLOW CARBON STEM
    st_cf_SL_C260_high-vis-yellow-copy1-600x264.jpg
    st_cf_SL_C260_high-vis-yellow_topview-copy-600x228.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • type:epyt
    type:epyt Posts: 766
    Millar's shoes for Tour of Benelux:
    1407831171817-grfy1n8s6ru3-960-540.jpg

There's a butterfly monogram on the sole but other than that it's just a pair of black/blue shoes with PS on the side, what's the point.

A pair with the PS multi-stripe as the lining would look fantastic, however.
    Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it.
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    mfin wrote:
    dennisn wrote:

Start a thread on that topic then Dennis if you like, pleeeease don't make this one veer off as it's good to keep it as much as possible about showing the new gear or quick comments on it, it worked really well last year.

OK, quick comment. In scrolling back through all the pic's of new frames it would seem that they are starting to mirror the steel frames of old. i.e. less is more. Innovation or style? :?
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    dennisn wrote:
    mfin wrote:
    dennisn wrote:

OK, quick comment. In scrolling back through all the pic's of new frames it would seem that they are starting to mirror the steel frames of old. i.e. less is more. Innovation or style? :?

Start that new thread and I'll comment :wink:
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    inseine wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    mfin wrote:
    dennisn wrote:

Start that new thread and I'll comment :wink:

Correct. Cut it out Dennis, this is a thread for new gear. You know how to start a new thread (probably in the 'General' section) to discuss your question.

MODS: Sorry for this taking a few posts, feel free to delete this little discussion and clean the thread back up.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Team sky to launch child bike range.

http://po.st/TeamSkyKidsBikes
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    I thought this was going to be a pic of Toblerone's bike for a moment :-)
  • frenchfighter
    Forget all the nasty new frames, standard style is best:
    551f3a8057.jpg
    XCR_523c241d04b40.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    Ha, liking the bottom one and I wouldn't turn down a nasty 795.
  • inseine
    Forget all the nasty new frames, standard style is best:
    551f3a8057.jpg
    XCR_523c241d04b40.jpg

It's funny that 'standard' means carbon, sloping TT, integrated headset, concealed cables etc. Must be my age....!
  • frenchfighter
    Ha yeah, I suppose I just mean non-space age and over-designed frame. Something classy.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    I like the Cinelli

Would be interested to see other pics of how the seat/top tubes cluster is put together on the Bianchi
  • I like the Cinelli
    i

me too I've always wanted one from the steel slx days - but never really liked the designs in carbon or aluminium - but thats classic and stainless steel?

they are still making get the super corsa in sl
    Supercorsa_505ac5f4e509e.jpg

that will be my bike when I'm a dodderer :)
  • 10177238_10152634764669467_8902040919067081079_n.jpg?oh=765272f6416cb3c0162b3c756b2ad806&oe=547AB33B&__gda__=1415252182_9167f42a6723aefa44f232018b7ba12a
  • I like this too - sorry if it's 2014!! decals getting a bit lost
    Laser_2014.jpg
  • inseine
    I like this too - sorry if it's 2014!! decals getting a bit lost
    Laser_2014.jpg

I'll let you off, because that's very nice!
  • FocusZing
    Firefly-001-side-630px.jpg

Firefly-bicycle-Full-Build-Blog-6.jpg

Columbus XCR, the same stainless as the Cinelli.
  • FocusZing
    tk14_web_jens_v_media_product_image_lo-res_0.jpg?itok=30s_9UBK

"As Jens Voigt's 17-year career winds to a close, Trek’s Project One
    division have created a very special polished chrome Madone 7 with
    matching shoes and helmet for him to race in the USA Pro
    Challenge stage race starting on Monday. On this shiny bike it's
    going to be even harder for the German to slip away in a break."

http://road.cc/content/news/126764-trek ... final-race
  • frenchfighter
    I like the finish and design.

tumblr_nadjcn53fD1ruscp7o2_r1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nadjcn53fD1ruscp7o3_r1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nadjcn53fD1ruscp7o4_r1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nadjcn53fD1ruscp7o5_r1_1280.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Parlee
    tumblr_nacl94EmG51r4o0yso2_1280.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • blinddrew
    blinddrew Posts: 317
    FocusZing wrote:
    Firefly-bicycle-Full-Build-Blog-6.jpg

If this were mine, it would live in the bedroom not the garage.
    Just so's you know.
    Music, beer, sport, repeat...
  • shazzz
    shazzz Posts: 1,077
    Tease...

BvCQtZiIcAECiVx.jpg:large
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    I like the finish and design.

tumblr_nadjcn53fD1ruscp7o2_r1_1280.jpg
    Nice idea this :mrgreen:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    shazzz wrote:
    Tease...
    BvCQtZiIcAECiVx.jpg:large
    Full bike has been posted on twitter already
    BvBehFQCEAENp_2.jpg
  • Omar Little
    Omar Little Posts: 2,010
    The bike carrier is interesting, not sure i could ever fully trust it though
  • FocusZing
    BvWNbQHIEAEYk_j.jpg

New gear with a classic.
  • inseine
    In action...............

14usapccstge1017_670.jpg