Comments

• frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    VoigtbikeUSAPC2_814-158.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    menthel wrote:
    So anyone know if the zero will be available frame only? It needs campagnolo...

Yes it will, according to the comments on the article here: http://www.genesisbikes.co.uk/blog/19/08/14/genesis-launches-zero-and-enters-carbon-fibre-bike-market
    Most of the Madison riders were royally p!ssed off when they found out they'd have to be riding steel!

I can imagine that being true initially, but I wonder if they changed their mind after riding it?

Regardless of that, in a sport where 'marginal gains' have become fashionable I think they were probably justified in being annoyed!
  • menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    menthel wrote:

Yes it will, according to the comments on the article here: http://www.genesisbikes.co.uk/blog/19/08/14/genesis-launches-zero-and-enters-carbon-fibre-bike-market
    Most of the Madison riders were royally p!ssed off when they found out they'd have to be riding steel!

I can imagine that being true initially, but I wonder if they changed their mind after riding it?

Regardless of that, in a sport where 'marginal gains' have become fashionable I think they were probably justified in being annoyed!

Thanks, either the 01 or 02 colour scheme would be great as F&F. Or something in black and yellow. Then the credit card would be hammered!
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • alihisgreat
    David_Millar_Garmin-Cannondale_road_cc_impression.jpg
  • frenchfighter
    Haha, that looks odd. Surprised it is Mr Millar rocking it...maybe a parting gift.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • alihisgreat
    Haha, that looks odd. Surprised it is Mr Millar rocking it...maybe a parting gift.

I wasn't paying much attention when i posted it, but on further inspection I think its just a mock up hahah http://road.cc/content/news/127176-garmin-sharp-and-cannondale-pro-cycling-join-forces-2015
  • Haha, that looks odd. Surprised it is Mr Millar rocking it...maybe a parting gift.

I wasn't paying much attention when i posted it, but on further inspection I think its just a mock up hahah http://road.cc/content/news/127176-garmin-sharp-and-cannondale-pro-cycling-join-forces-2015

It still has Cervelo on it! :D
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    menthel wrote:
    menthel wrote:

Thanks, either the 01 or 02 colour scheme would be great as F&F. Or something in black and yellow. Then the credit card would be hammered!

The 01 is lovely in the flesh. I'm with you on 02 and I really like the 04. Expensive times...
    FCN 3 / 4
  • menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    menthel wrote:
    menthel wrote:

The 01 is lovely in the flesh. I'm with you on 02 and I really like the 04. Expensive times...

Agreed. And to think I told my wife I didn't need new bike just yet. (Note: this may have been a tactic to soften the blow of the new wheels I purchased!)
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • bluemoon17
    bluemoon17 Posts: 718
    menthel wrote:
    menthel wrote:

Yup, the 02 has been added to the new bike shortlist! Eagerly awaiting a couple of reviews and a test ride.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Anyone seen one these before? It's a new one on me, but maybe they've been around for ages. It's called a Turbine, made by Rhinomed, and you stick it up your nostrils to help breathing. Froome is using one.

tub-400-05-24.jpg
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    Bluemoon17 wrote:
    menthel wrote:
    menthel wrote:

Yup, the 02 has been added to the new bike shortlist! Eagerly awaiting a couple of reviews and a test ride.

Hoping to get out on one next week. Will add my thoughts to the thread, although they will probably mostly be along the lines of 'how the hell am I going to explain it this time....'
    FCN 3 / 4
  • alihisgreat
    RichN95 wrote:
    Anyone seen one these before? It's a new one on me, but maybe they've been around for ages. It's called a Turbine, made by Rhinomed, and you stick it up your nostrils to help breathing. Froome is using one.

tub-400-05-24.jpg

I already have big nostrils... wouldn't want to stretch them any further!
  • frenchfighter
    Interesting. Would be surprised if Froome is riding them. Not cool.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Interesting. Would be surprised if Froome is riding them. Not cool.
    I only heard of them because he tweeted a picture of them. They're just a variation on those stick on strips really,
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • frenchfighter
    Yeah I suppose they are similar. I would find them uncomfortable. Presumably he is sponsored by/gets money from them - will look out for them at the Vuelta. Really wish Contador would not wear that breathe-right strip - does not look good in photos.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    RichN95 wrote:

tub-400-05-24.jpg

I remember reading(somewhere) that stuff like this, i.e. Breathright strips, do nothing to help you. It's not about the amount of air you can take in through you nose and mouth, it's about how much air your lungs can process.
  • frenchfighter
    BvhuX1nIgAA_moU.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Damn Contador letting his almost perfect style slip big time here. First and last hopefully.

10498655_557010457734264_5001924449025718259_o.jpg

--

Bvtf0VgIcAAV9uA.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    tumblr_nak97tiUVT1ruscp7o5_1280.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Pete Kennaugh's new national champion bike

54b2f4.jpg
  • frenchfighter
    Always good to see a non-black Sky bike but this one needs some more blue and red to show it is ridden by a British RR winner!
    Contador is the Greatest
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    From that article:
    but it is almost a guarantee that you will see something similar in the Tour De France over the next few years

Somehow I find that somewhere between unlikely and impossible.

Well, it WILL have two wheels, a frame, tires, pedals, saddle, etc. Maybe that's what they were saying? I don't understand why they called it a forkless bike. Kind of a different position for a fork but sure looked like one to me. Bunch of hype over a different design. Nothing really NEW in it as far as I can see. That type of drivetrain has been in use for over a century, nothing new about the saddle. Pedals? Same. Or am I just being weird?
  • frenchfighter
    tumblr_nated6MDk81qacyk6o1_500.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    Always good to see a non-black Sky bike but this one needs some more blue and red to show it is ridden by a British RR winner!

I hear what you're saying, but it still looks very nice.
  • frenchfighter
    10572177_10152312033403657_773634838754969791_o.jpg

Bv0Ka5EIEAIJU7S.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Yeah I suppose they are similar. I would find them uncomfortable. Presumably he is sponsored by/gets money from them - will look out for them at the Vuelta. Really wish Contador would not wear that breathe-right strip - does not look good in photos.

20144638-239287-e1408832787964.jpg

:roll:
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frisbee
    frisbee Posts: 691
    From that article:
    but it is almost a guarantee that you will see something similar in the Tour De France over the next few years

Somehow I find that somewhere between unlikely and impossible.

Maybe they'll want loads of extra weight and drive train losses in a few years time?

And nowhere to put their water bottles!
  • frenchfighter
    2015 Sarto Lampo:
    10636296_746188705416853_5224131586170742609_n.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest