Tour de Suisse 2014 *spoilers*

Comments

• The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    Henao: Broken knee being reported on forum.

Is that even a thing? Sounds bloody painful whatever it is, and a pretty tough break for him so soon after coming back to racing.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    Tony doing his thing as usual:
    Rk		Bb		Name First Name		Nat		Team		Time
    1		13		MARTIN Tony				OPQ		23:42:43
    2		125		DUMOULIN Tom				GIA		28
    3		1		FARIA DA COSTA Rui Alberto				LAM		01:05
    4		181		FRANK Mathias*				IAM		01:14
    5		23		IZAGIRRE INSAUSTI Ion 				MOV		01:33
    6		131		SAGAN Peter				CAN		01:36
    7		123		CRADDOCK Lawson				GIA		01:42
    8		3		CATTANEO Mattia				LAM		ST
    9		133		FORMOLO Davide				CAN		01:47
    10		151		PINOT Thibaut 				FDJ		01:48

• RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    @PelotonWatch: #TdSuisse GC - 1 Martin 2 Dumoulin +28 3 Costa +1:05 4 Frank +1:14 5 Izaguirre +1:33 6 Sagan +1:36 7 Craddock +1:42 8 Cattaneo +1:42

No sign of Roman Kreuziger there :? Hopefully see some attacking at the weekend.
  • smokey_bacon
    smokey_bacon Posts: 1,639

Ouch indeed, I read he got hit by a car on the course is that right?
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,450
    The_Boy wrote:

Is that even a thing? Sounds bloody painful whatever it is, and a pretty tough break for him so soon after coming back to racing.

Yes, broken patella (knee cap).
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    From Cyclism Actu

Sergio Henao made ​​his return to competition at the Tour of Switzerland after a difficult start to the year due to a biological passport with abnormal data. The Colombian had already clinched a podium on the third stage and was in a good position overall. This was an important race for Henao was present to have some competition and refine his shape to help Chris Froome on the next Tour de France. But today, the Team Sky rider was involved in an accident while performing a reconnaissance of the TT course. He was immediately picked up and taken to hospital.
  • It is a very dull affair
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Henao's bike post crash. Hope he is ok and this will be a short time off the bike.

1403272790257.jpg

^ comes from Oleg Tinkov:
    "Found this on the intersection of TT Tour of Swiss, I hope Henao is ok . Dangerous sport"
    Contador is the Greatest
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    That looks as though it is cracked through the headtube AND through the downtube. Blimey... Looks like a pretty big one...
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,710
    mroli wrote:
    That looks as though it is cracked through the headtube AND through the downtube. Blimey... Looks like a pretty big one...

A dead Dogma.

Anyhow, fractured knee confirmed.
    A bit in the usual place:
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/sergio- ... isse-recon

A 5 day season would probably be a good outcome from such an injury.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • frenchfighter
    A disproportionate amount of crashes seem to happen in TT warm ups. Real shame for Henao...wrongly omitted from racing all year then comes back with winning form and then boom, awful injury. However the way Vino recovered from his awful injury is encouraging. Going to be expensive for Sky, oh well. One less dom in Froome's train is a good thing for cycling fans.

Predicable though it may be Tony Martin is pure excellence on a TT bike. Always burying himself to the maximum he looks absolutely amazing on the TT bike. Just compact and efficient power.

Hope you guys are watching Fra v Sui right now. Fra making it rain.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    A disproportionate amount of crashes seem to happen in TT warm ups. Real shame for Henao...wrongly omitted from racing all year then comes back with winning form and then boom, awful injury. However the way Vino recovered from his awful injury is encouraging. Going to be expensive for Sky, oh well. One less dom in Froome's train is a good thing for cycling fans.

Wrongly omitted is easy to say, but if he'd flagged up in passport he'd have been out for significantly longer than 4 months.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    I wouldn't overly worry about Sky's train these days, nowhere near as strong any more
  • frenchfighter
    It is more or less without precedent.

If he has done something wrong and flagged the passport then fine he should be out.

UCI et al should sort themselves to get cases done and dusted in half the time. Rogers wrongly exlcuded - they should have wrapped that up in less than three months.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Joelsim wrote:
    I wouldn't overly worry about Sky's train these days, nowhere near as strong any more

Indeed but fear not I am not worried. Contador will find a way to win even if they have 8 guys drilling it.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • mike6
    mike6 Posts: 1,199
    Thats a shame, real cycling fans, with no agenda, want to see all the top guys at the Tour. Fanbois on the other hand only cheer when there favorite rider has a good day.

I hope he heals soon and is back to racing without any long term problems. Good rider. :(
  • frenchfighter
    What a match.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    iainf72 wrote:
    Pross wrote:

Ouch! Was he in contention for a Tour spot? The squad is getting fairly depleted now.

He was - But I make him the only one who was in contention who's injured.

He still ranks above Wiggins...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    Joelsim wrote:

One day people will realise that you have different tactics for different leaders :roll:
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,541
    So if Henao is injured does that mean Wiggins can ride the Vuelta and it is all happy families again?
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    andyp wrote:
    The_Boy wrote:

Yes, broken patella (knee cap).

Ouch.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    Joelsim wrote:

I do laugh at those people still whining and banging on about Sky's train

You wait 'till the Tdf and Movistar get going never mind the uber-train that Tinkoff Saxo will be bringing
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Kennaugh abandon
  • frenchfighter
    FJS wrote:
    Kennaugh abandon

Why?

Top guy Henao out. B rider out. C rider out. Good show Sky.
    Wiggins where are you - major fail.

edit. He is sick and pulls out at feed zone. Poor lad - very weak constitution.

At this rate Sky will have no choice but to draft in wiggins. Likely going to be neo pro Seb Henao as last man although he isnt down to ride. Oh well they didn't get Yates bros...am sire they would have had a lovely time chugging for Froome.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,710
    FJS wrote:
    Kennaugh abandon

Why?

Top guy Henao out. B rider out. C rider out. Good show Sky.
    Wiggins where are you - major fail.

edit. He is sick and pulls out at feed zone. Poor lad - very weak constitution.

At this rate Sky will have no choice but to draft in wiggins. Likely going to be neo pro Seb Henao as last man although he isnt down to ride. Oh well they didn't get Yates bros...am sire they would have had a lovely time chugging for Froome.

For Sky, it sure is turning out to be a horrible anus. :P
    Maybe you fancy slipping on the black and becoming Sky's 9th man, FF? :wink:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • FJS
    At the foot of the climb, 9 km to go. Let's see whether Tony can survive. IAM taking charge at front of the bunch for Frank
  • frenchfighter
    Well this is not very exciting. Big Tone currently leading them up. Hope tomorrow is a proper stage.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • FJS
    Meintjes the first to attack from the bunch
  • FJS
    PTP interest: Slagter just dropped by the small bunch that's left
  • FJS
    Only 3 km climb left, Martin still looking comfortable

Andy dropped